The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

Congratulations, Jason!! You look terrific :grin:

@Dread1840 @TwinCitiesKeto … Well done indeed Gentlemen. :+1:

You’ve gone handsome.

(Kirk) #758

@CaptainKirk Congratulations from the other Captain Kirk. Amazing transformation!

(Courtney Brooks) #759

Hello, everyone! My name is Courtney! I am excited to be able to share my story. While I am not yet at my goal, I am still sharing because I am so pleased with my progress. Keto has changed my life in more ways than I can count, so I already feel like I have won my life back. Therefore, any additional progress from here is just icing on the low-carb cake!

I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. I can remember being in kindergarten and my mom would pack me “diet food” for snack time while the other kids would eat something else. As a teen I would either just eat all the bad food or try to starve myself. It didnt get to the extreme as what one would define as an eating disorder, I just had no idea how to manage my nutrition. To my honest, my parents really didn’t either. We had a relatively low income, so the food that we had on the table wasn’t always what was healthy – it was what was cheap, easy, and convenient. Please understand, I am not pointing a finger at my parents. They truly did the best they could with what they had at the time.

So, yes, to make a very long story a little shorter, I struggled with my weight since I was a child and fast forward to now. I am almost 40 and JUST NOW understanding how proper nutrition impacts so much more than your weight. I started Keto in June of 2018 and ever since then, I have not looked back. It is truly the only way of life that has worked for me. I have tried every diet in the book and joined and stopped going to Weight Watchers more times that I can even count, but Keto… Keto is the only thing that I have been able stick with. It is the only way that I have been able to lose the weight and be completely content with the way I am doing it. This is the first time I have found someething that I feel I can sustain for my whole life.

I could go on and on and on, but I won’t. Here are some progress pictures! I think they really do speak for themselves.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #760

Nicely done! I think figuring out this doesn’t have to be soul crushing is one of the best NSVs.

(Wendy) #761

Great job! You done good!

You have EVERY reason to smile, @mscourtsieannb! :smile:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #763

Your pictures are worth a thousand words. So inspiring

(Jane) #764

You look fabulous!!!

(Justin Roberts) #765

Well over a year keto and keeping it off.

(Chris) #766

Tuesday, that means it’s time for a side-by-side!

No tattoo in this one, is it really me?

(Bacon for the Win) #767

The hairline says yes. Nice work.

Great Job! I hope to post a pic even half as flattering as yours.

Very inspiring! Heard this one on 2KetoDudes. Love it!

Thanks!!!

(Kim ) #771

Ron,
Just read your story. (I got my foot in late to the podcast and the forum.) Congratulations! Please keep inspiring people. Word of mouth is the way to go until the tipping point makes this information common knowledge. Way to go!

(Cindy vanBree) #772

You’re an inspiration!

[image deleted for privacy concerns]

Don’t think I’ve ever posted a before-and-after. Me a year ago vs now. According to the Fitbit, I was 245lbs then, now I’m 215lbs, from a size 40 jeans to a 36.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #774

Looking good, KC. Thanks for sharing!! I like your hair in pic two.:ocean: