The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Kristen Ann) #735

You look amazing! And younger!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #736

You look fantastic! I bet your son is proud of you.

(Wendy) #737

Amazing transformation! I love the over 50 group that is finding keto and looking and feeling better than they have in years! (I’m part of that crowd!)
Congratulations and you look fabulous!

I’ve lost 85 pounds since may!

(Karen) #739

Looks like you also have great muscle tone! Well done!

(Jennibc) #740

Thanks! As I started rapidly gaining weight back in 1995, I never stopped exercising. Even at my heaviest I still walked almost daily and when you are carrying around 250-270 pounds 3 to 4 miles a day you build some serious muscles in your legs!

(Carol) #741

Well done you. That is a fabulous achievement. I am just finishing week 8 and have lost 24 but still floundering a bit with what I am doing. You are an inspiration.

(Hermie) #742

Amazing! You’re very inspiring!

(Helaine) #743

Unbelievable and beautiful!! This is inspiring!

(Margie) #744

:hugs:

(Kirk Wolak) #745

What a difference!
Good on you!

(Kirk Wolak) #746

Dude, where you doing OMAD? IF?

you look friggin awesome! Great Job.
As my hernias heal, I am looking forward to some gym time!

Same boat. … Just over 2 months since surgery for my three, but have been wanting to jump back in but without overdoing it.

(less is more, more or less) #748

Yowza! What a stunning transformation.

(Jennibc) #749

Thanks! 100+ pounds difference can be pretty transformative.

(Erin Macfarland ) #750

Amazing!! You probably feel like a million bucks :grin:

(Grant MacDonald) #751

You are welcome! I hope he does

(Chris) #752

Here is a newer back shot:

dang! good job… and we know it’s you because of the tattoo. haha :wink:

(Jason Norden) #754

So back to 2011, I started working in a day program and enjoyed my job, but was not physically active like I was when I worked in factories or in construction. Also, there was a gas station right next door where I would go daily and buy huge Mountain Dew fountain drinks and donuts. When I got to 198 lbs I told myself “this is the most I have ever weighed, I feel like crap, I am embarrassed about the way I look, and I don’t want to get to 200 lbs”.

My 40th birthday was coming up in August of 2014. I started working out for an hour a day 5 days a week. I also started eating O ne M eal A D ay or OMAD . What I was eating was always the same things. I would eat 16 oz of 85/15 hamburger and a bag of salad pretty much every day. Some days I would have 5 brats with no bun instead of the hamburger but that was about it. I didn’t know it at the time but the way I was eating was putting my body into a state of ketosis! When I turned 40 I weighed 168 lbs and much of that was muscle.

Fast forward to 2016, when I was working my present job in a Minneapolis High School in Special Education. I was looking on youtube for some different workouts and came upon this guy, Jason Whittrock who was talking about this thing called ketosis. Then I found Thomas DeLauer and Dr. Berg and it snowballed from there. At this point I started counting my macros and learned about all the additional health benifits a keto lifestyle has for both your body and mind! Now in February 2019 I am 7 months from being in the best shape of my life at 45! I am excited about my body/mind experience using the keto lifestyle and want to share this life altering experience with others!

Thank You for joining me for this journey!

Jason