The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Janelle) #695

Huh - I missed that while trying to be supportive. I thought it was worded weirdly.

(Alex ) #696

I must admit @CatGirl , I was about to say bravo on the pictures too, and then realised half of the explanation was written in the 3rd person narrative!

(Doug) #697

I’ve seen some hilariously over-the-top pictures of ‘Before’ and ‘After.’ Some of them have the Before at what looks like 180lbs/82kg and then After at 135/61. Yet the caption will say, “Same Weight.”

Yeah, okay, we can change body composition, become more dense and muscular, but there is a limit. :wink:

I think that was likely the one I just deleted! I went to flags before tags :joy:

(Chris) #699

Nailed it, haha!

(Kirk Wolak) #700

Wow, great job… We are the same age and similar results (307 down to 199)…
But you look a lot better in BOTH photos than I do… LOL
Keep it up!

(57da1864057add858d6f) #701

Wow, congratulations first of all on such amazing progress with your diabetes- that must feel amazing! And you’re looking pretty handsome in that new photo :wink:

Haha, thank you!

Regarding the diabetes, it genuinely does feel amazing. I’m ashamed to say I do sometimes forget the long list of improvements I’ve experienced along the way as it’s all too easy to become focused on things that are more visible (scale, body fat). Really though, I feel thankful that my diabetes has been beaten into remission.

(Erin Macfarland ) #703

So weird, I realized I wasn’t logged in to my account when I replied before, lol…but yes, congrats! You seem to be inspiring a lot of people here with your accomplishments!

Thank you, Erin!

(Erin Macfarland ) #705

Absolutely :wink:

(Wasabi) #706

My turn.
Been Keto since May 2018, 310-165lbs. Actually feel a bit better at around 170, which is where I’m at currenty.
Lost most of weight in 7 months (reached goal weight in Dec) now just playing around with what feels best, as in strength and cardio levels. Keto and IF has saved my life. No more meds or sleep apnea or joint pain.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #707

What an amazing difference! :+1:

(Bob M) #708

That’s unbelievably shocking of a transformation.

(Bacon for the Win) #709

Great guns!

Incredible!!!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #711

Just wow, in under a year even more amazing.

Looking good.

Out of curiosity(hopefully for my future) did you just get rid of the cpap all at once or was it a gradual decrease? Did you go into the doctor or just do it yourself?

(Cathy) #712

WOW - just - WOW!!!

Congrats! :slight_smile:

(Wasabi) #714

I went to get the pressure lowered, as my throat and mouth super dry, and was told I didn’t need it anymore. I keep it and use it as a humidifier when it’s really dry or fiky around me is getting a cold.