The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

A quick update from my previous progress photos a few weeks back.

I finally got my new driver license in the mail today. The old one, though dated 2017, I think was taken possibly as early as 2015 but I can’t quite remember. You can clearly see how… round things were, and I’m not sure it shows up well on this capture but looking at the license in my hand I can see I even looked a bit inflamed. Also the weight really wasn’t accurate – either it’s from when I first arrived in the US with a different photo, quite possible, or it was a bad guess at the time!

The new one was taken a few weeks ago. I’m so glad I got to renew with such a different photo.

Out with the old

(Either upper 200s, or low 300lbs)

In with the new

(~187lbs)

Wow @Gaff - what a difference :smiley:

(carl) #635

Called out your story on Monday’s 2 Keto Dudes. :slight_smile:

Haha, that’s awesome! Thanks a ton, @carl :slight_smile:

(Janelle) #637

So awesome! I hope for the same when I need mine renewed. (I miss Seattle.)

(MyLove MyLife) #638

Fantastic!! Inspired!!

(Karen) #639

Out with all the Gaff, In with the new slimmer chiseled Gaff… well done

(Bob M) #640

That is an amazing set of driver’s license photos. And the whole thread is amazing!

Who is that person impersonating you on your driver’s license? What a change! Looking great!

Love this thread and hearing everyone’s stories. Thanks for sharing, Gaff!

I went to Canada last Summer and the customs officer looked at my passport and then at me, back and forth several times, then said, “Wow, you have lost a lot of weight”. Made me feel good.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Haha. It could have been much worse. “Sir, please follow me for secondary inspection, I need to verify you are who you say you are…”

This comment has been deemed worthy of a LIKE! :heart:

Explanation (click here):

I really want to give your comment a “like”, but the forum software has indicated to me that I am currently ALL OUT, because of some arbitrary limit of “likes” one can give out, in some arbitrary time span.

Not having the ability to “like” your comment leaves me with few choices.

To remedy this, I have chosen to create this comment to explain that I like your comment, but I can’t “like” it right now.

Which, honestly, goes against the forum guidelines of keeping things “tidy”.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

So, I do the best I can. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

(Hermie) #644

Amazing!!

(Kiranjeet Bhabra) #645

Congrats with the new YOU…i came across that u were on anti anxiety meds…jus to seek more advice…did u suffered any keto flu and anxiety during the 1st few weeks…im off with my SSRIs since oct 2018…was ok…tried keto for a week during d keto week my anxiety.flared up very bad…evn after i quit keto diet i still feel dreadful but has been better for this 2days…

How did u manage ur anxiety during the transition on being ketogenic?

Im morbidly obese 90kg 5’2 40yr old T2D hypertension and gastritis.

(Alex ) #646

@Kris86

that’s amazing mate, and seriously inspiring! Nice to see another exercise believer!

(Kirk Wolak) #647

Okay, my before and after (In that picture I have ~25 lbs to to). Very close to 100lbs of loss.
(Final will be 117 lbs lost).

I am recovering from 3 hernia surgeries. While 2018 was the year of losing weight/fat, 2019 is the year of rebuilding all of my muscles, and toning. Where 2020 will be the year of endurance!

(Zack F) #648

Great work. Put that old suit on and snap a pic!

(Frank) #649

I love the long term goals.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #650

Nice transformation. Can’t wait to see what toning does for you. Keep it up!

(Kirk Wolak) #651

That suit was worn for 1 court case… And the wife got rid of it ASAP.
But before she got rid of some of my shorts, I got a picture, poor quality, but it makes the point!

And my favorite, which is me “Getting There”. That’s a Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. (2lbs Beef, 1lb pork, and 1.5lbs of bacon)… Serves one incredibly well :slight_smile:

(Karen) #652

Fantastic! Look at you, so trim. Well done!