The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Alex ) #573

Thanks for the nice words @Ketorosew

Yes, plenty, cycling when weather allows, home workouts with kettlebells when motivation allows and I do Spin Classes at the gym. It keeps things ticking along and helps with stress levels.

(Laurie) #574

Wow, Eugene, big difference! Congratulations, and thank you for posting your inspiring photos.

(Laurie) #575

Alex, thatā€™s since September? Iā€™m amazed.

(Alex ) #576

Nope, strict keto since September, loss of around 30 pounds, the rest was just as a result of a longer term calorie and carb control plan from the last couple of years, and plenty of exercise.

(Laurie) #577

Doh! I should learn to read. (I was an editor for enough years.)

(Alex ) #578

Ha, the dramatic changes and definitive diet enhancements have absolutely come from the last couple of months of keto during my time on this site, Iā€™ve got into new weight territory I just couldnā€™t get close to prior. Iā€™ve also given up booze which undoubtedly has helped with motivation and general decision making!

Before going keto I was just bouncing up and down and floundering really whilst killing myself at the gym, it just wasnā€™t working.

Wow! Amazing! I hate pictures too but yours really tell a story. Great job!

Alex, you look terrific! Also in your face itā€™s not just the change in the shape of it but your gaze is different.
Well done- very cool!!!

(Alex ) #581

Thank you :wink:

(Candy Lind) #582

Awesome cheekbones! You are officially into ā€œtake more pics, you look great!ā€ territory.
:+1: :+1: :+1:

(Alex ) #583

yeah, thanks! hoping to sustain this into my sedentary driving career too! something tells me I need to be careful with my food!

(MyLove MyLife) #584

Incredible Work!! Amazing!!

(MyLove MyLife) #585

The Passion and The smile on your face great!! Congrats!!

(MyLove MyLife) #586

Amazing!!

Hi Grant, thanks so much for your message and sharing your story. I have learned so much about Keto, insulinā€¦ that I have been wanting to shared with my father in law ( who urgently needs to loose weight and is pre-diabetic) but he is adamant he is too old (60!!!)and unfit. You are an inspiration, I will share your post with him and hope it will inspire him too to save his life. God Bless you.x

(Grant MacDonald) #588

Are you saying I look over 60? :slight_smile: Whatever I can do to encourage and help. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

(Grant MacDonald) #589

Wow, wonderful transformation!

Noooo! Not at all I didnā€™t mean to compare your age with his rather than wanted to praise and admire the huge transformation you underwent. And that your story clearly demonstrates that is never too late or we are never too overweight to try. Apologies if my post came accross as guessing or estimating your age it wasnā€™t intended. And you look great whatever age you are!:grinning:

(Grant MacDonald) #591

I know, I was just having a bit of fun:)

(CJ Young) #592

Itā€™s been about 10 months since I started Keto and the weight loss is certainly the visual aspect but the subsurface stuff has changed my life for the better so much more then the weight. Regardless, hereā€™s the physical evidence!

So this is a photo thatā€™s a couple of years old I was about 300-330 lbs from 2012 to October 2017.

In October 2017 I got really sick and dropped about 30-40 lbs from being incredibly unwell. This was not Keto weight loss this was I was dying weight loss. My illness is complicated and I never got an official diagnosis but essentially I had some mineral retention and cell membrane issues that were slowly killing me. I was having internal hemorrhaging that was completely incapacitating me. I couldnā€™t work and was so desperate that I was just throwing homeopathic ideas at the wall to see if anything helped because modern medicine was failing me.

On February 27th 2018 I started Keto. I randomly picked this way of eating with no information I was just desperate. Turns out I got so incredibly lucky that I picked this way of eating which has radically improved my life. This photo is from 3-4 months after I started Keto.

And the rest of the photos are much more recent, taken about 10 months after starting Keto. In addition to dropping about 80lbs in the last year (60 of those lbs healthy keto weight loss) my medical issues have entirely subsided. The chronic pain I was having is GONE. My cells are healing and Iā€™m the healthiest I have EVER been.

Iā€™m so healthy that Iā€™ve been training in powerlifting, something I used to love but have been too unhealthy since college to do anything. Iā€™m training for a meet in January and Iā€™m so excited.

Ha, not quite Instagram gym brag worthy but I wish I had a comparison photo of my flabby arms from just a year ago. Truly a huge improvement.