The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Jonathan) #490

Just added some before pics to the original post :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, that makes a difference. Nice job!
Well done, Jonathan! :+1:

When I joined the forum, I thought Iā€™d post before and after pics, but what I ended up doing was creating a separate new thread, thatā€™s not public like this one.

So instead of re-posting what I did there, Iā€™m just going to link to the email my wife wrote for Diet Doctor.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #493

Thatā€™s a great story, Darren!

(Justin Roberts) #495

I keep running across old photos, so Iā€™ll keep posting new comparisons.
I started keto in January of this year and have dropped over 50 lbs. 235ish lbs at my heaviest and I have been as low as 175 lbs. I now happily fluctuate between 175 and 180. I eat until Iā€™m full. I donā€™t feel deprived. You can tell by the look on my face that Keto has truly given me life.

That right picture was take a few weeks ago at the State Fair of Texas and believe it or not, I was not even tempted by any of the fried junk that wafted throughout the place. I did indulge in an ice cold Shiner Bock (which is not low carb!) but I managed to keep my total daily carbs less than 20 anyway. Thank you to @carl and @richard for everything you do for this community and thank you everyone in the forums for being truly awesome!

(Jane ) #496

Hi Rebekah, thank you so much for telling your story of perseverance! It takes guts to go through what you have been through and so young. I can certainly see health coaching, nutritional therapy in your future. You have learned sooo much over these years. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Stunning!

(Darren Graham) #499

Iā€™m 50 in January next year. Iā€™m doing the Melbourne marathon next year in my 50th year.

(Connie Ortz) #500

Hard to believe that today is my 1-year ketoversary. My story is the same as so many others. Spent my entire life fighting my weight. Always the biggest kid in any group. I was ā€œthe smart oneā€, my sister was ā€œthe cute one.ā€ I tried darn near every diet known to man. I avoided weight loss surgery, but only because of financial reasons. Somehow, I managed to avoid T2D, but Iā€™m sure that would have changed, given time. My blood sugar was creeping up, my triglycerides were high, HDL was low, vLDL was high.

Desperation led me to keto. I love biology, so researching the how and why werenā€™t a struggle. Implementation was just mind-over-matter. The first couple of weeks were the toughest. But about 3 weeks in, I noticed that it wasnā€™t a struggle any more. That my cravings were gone. And itā€™s been pretty easy to stay on since. Especially when I think about all Iā€™ve experiencedā€¦ especially considering that I have no gall bladder (a victim of my attempt at low-fat dieting) and 2/3 of my thyroid is gone.

96 lb weight loss
Down 6 jeans sizes, and 5 shirt sizes
I havenā€™t been sick in a yearā€¦ No colds, no flu, no gastric distress, no heartburn.
My hair and nails are healthier than theyā€™ve been in years.
My blood sugar levels are solidly in the normal range. My triglycerides are a third of what they were. My HDL is higher, vLDL much lower.
My doctor is fully in support of my diet, and has asked me to speak to more than one of his patients.
I look like a shar-pei, but Iā€™ll take it.

(Mary Jo Koplos) #501

Great way to put it! I keep thinking that I look like Iā€™m pleated. Way to go and happy, happy, happy ketoversary!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #502

:rofl:

It could definitely be worse! Great job! I love hearing about the health improvements.

Connie, much of your testimony is so encouraging, but his part is the best! Iā€™m so happy for your wonderful progress, and that you have a supportive doctor.

Thanks for sharing your success! :+1:

(Karen) #504

Look at you! You look marvelous. Seriously! So proud of you

(Laurie) #505

Amazing! Thank you, Connie, for posting your photos and your story.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #506

Connie

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. Your health improvement and appearance is and will always be the best part. But working with your doctors other patients pays it forward. That becomes a multiplier.

I just got to say:

ā€œDahling, I have to tell you something. And I donā€™t say this to everybody. You look mahvelous!ā€

(Keto Travels) #507

You know just how much people pay for Shar-Peis??? You have just exponentially increased your market value :joy:

(Wendy) #508

I just wanted to say kudos! You look really great and I know what you mean about feeling better. Itā€™s amazing how eating right makes so many other things right! Congratulations!!!

(Connie Ortz) #509

OK, now THATā€™S hilarious!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #510

You win the Internet today! :rofl::rofl:

(Mike Glasbrener) #511

Are you replacing his dietician? Great job! Looking good.