The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Christopher James Hale) #348

Great job Jenny, you look fantastic! But I bet you feel even better and at least 10 years younger. I’ve been Keto for 18 months and will be for the rest of my life.

(Jenny) #349

Thank you SO much!! :blush::blush: #KCKO

(Jenny) #350

Thank you!! And yes, no doubt about it!! I’m close to my maintenance weight, but no doubt about it— planning to stay keto! So happy I found this amazing community!! :blush:

(Christopher James Hale) #351

This forum is great for finding people with similar lifestyles and understanding that we are not crazy for not eating grains and sugars. I went to a Mexican restaurant last night, ate the queso with a fork and ordered a taco salad with no shell and no chips. Strange looks, but no denying I look like this must be good way to live. I feel like this is becoming more main stream, but it is not.

Keep it going, looking at your pictures, the new you not only looks hotter, but much younger too! Isn’t it great to start to see muscle definition and a square jaw line?

(Michael King) #352

The before picture you look like someone going on a job interview. The after picture you look like someone that does the hiring. Great results!

(Justin Roberts) #353

Thanks! Never looked at it that way, but you’re right!

(Brian) #354

Good for you, Justin!! Awesome!

I had a similar problem. I bought a suit last June to go to my mom’s funeral. I was not much under 300 pounds. I don’t even know the size of the jacket.

I had the jacket out of the closet just a few weeks ago and put it on. Felt like I was inside of a pup tent. Wrapped the jacked around me a snugly and there was something close to a foot of extra fabric that kept on wrapping around. I could barely button the thing a little over a year ago.

I didn’t take any pictures. But I suppose one day, I’ll have to buy a new suit. Hopefully, it won’t be for a funeral…

(Jimmie) #355

Well done, Dan!

Hi dear thanks so much for your comprehensive post. I so relate to most of your comments… I am definitely going to copy your “ separate pantry” idea. I have been stucked at the same weight since Christmas… being lazy really… your post has motivated to get back to “ being organised and don’t let the weight back in”. Thank you

(Mike Williams) #357

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five year mission… Just kidding. However, my journey started about 5-1/2 years ago, when I was first diagnosed with type-2 diabetes. It did not sink in how “big” I really was until I saw a video recording of me in a church Christmas cantata. That is when my fitness and health journey began, in November 2012. My weight, then, was about 330lbs, with an A1C of 7.1.

Being new to nutrition and fitness, naturally I did what the doctor told me to do. He put me on a 1500 calorie diet. I have OCD, ADHD, or one of the "D"s. I followed it pretty religiously. I lost some weight, but ended up stalling at about 285lbs and was stuck there for several months. In about 2014, I was a victim of the health care cancelling because of Obamacare. Also during that time, I had to get a new primary doctor. She recommended to me to start doing Paleo to help with the weight loss.

So my journey went along on the Paleo way of eating. I had some results over the year I was or so that I was doing it. But again, I got to about 265lbs and was stuck there with no changes for about a year. Then last year, during my primary doctor visit, my doctor recommended reading “The Obesity Code” by Jason Fung. SO I got the audible version and listened to it several times. It kind of made sense and seemed easy enough to start, since I was partially doing it anyway with doing Paleo.

So, in May 2017, my keto lifestyle began. I was kind of doing it haphazzardly. Not really tracking anything and having the occasional cheat meal off and on. When January of this year came around, I made a resolution to be more strict with my keto, trying consciously to keep my carbs under 20grams. I experimented with doing cheat meals a few times, which had disastrous results. So I have been maintaining my keto way of eating. It is amazing how many restaurants will accommodate for this way of eating. Also, church pot lucks, which are kind of a “crap shoot” for what is there to eat, became easy as well.

As of this writing, July 31, 2018, I am 220lbs and my type-2 diabetes markers have been reversed. My A1C, at my last doctor visit, was 4.9. One of my goals is to get below 200lbs. I am a member of several facebook groups and unknowingly became an inspiration to people. Also, at my church, I have become an inspiration to people there.

(Karen) #358

You are kicking and taking names!! Wow, well done!

K

(Doug) #359

Way to go, Mike. :slightly_smiling_face: Keep up the good work!

Did your doctor comment on that 4.9 A1C?

(Mike Williams) #360

My primary doctor was very happy and kind of directed me towards starting the keto diet. My diabetes doctor was happy, but he was not happy about my dietary choice of eating. However, he could not really say anything against it because my numbers proved it. Also, my walking to his office kind of supported my case. He told me there was no need for a follow up visit.

Keto has changed my life in less than 5 months. First picture taken may 4th, 2018 second picture taken today.

5 months?!
:exploding_head:

You look great - well done!!

ETA: THREE months!! even more amazing :slight_smile:

(Karen) #363

Good skin recovery too. Well done!

Holy crap dude! Great work!

Thanks. Keto, IM,EF, and OMAD. It’s working for me.

(Becky) #367

You look wonderful! Thanks for sharing exactly what you are doing! I lost 65 lbs in the first several months of keto, but have been stalled for a long time now. I still have a hundred to lose. Unfortunately, being stalled has me trying some silly things like refeeds, doesn’t end well. I know dairy is a problem, but haven’t given it up and I need to be consistent with intermittent fasting. I truly appreciate reading your process.

I know I am a compulsive eater and winging it, will only keep me stuck.

Mike, we’re gonna get along just fine on this forum. :grin: