The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Doug) #328

Amazing drops, JJR - keep on. :+1:

(Karen) #329

Well done sir, and looking svelt.

K

(Jane) #330

Well done! Youā€™ve gone from diabetic to ā€œpreā€ diabetic in 3 short monthsā€¦ plus you look so much younger and healthier!

I bet you completely reverse your diabetes before your keto-versary

(Scott) #331

Thanx for the motivation! Nice work!!

(Beth) #332

Fantastic results! So impressive. Keep it going and post us another pic soon!

(Kim Childs) #333

Congratulations JennyLynn! Well done!!

(Erin Wilson) #334

She has knees!

Iā€™m not going to tell my whole story because itā€™s not finished yetā€“maybe in a year. But I bought shorts today, for the first time in 15 years and I thought I looked pretty darn good in them, so I decided to take a pic.

The two pics represent my heaviest weight (about 225 lbs) and my current weight (157ish). I have cycled between about 175 and 200 for most of my adult life. In any given month, over the last 25 years, I have looked somewhere in between these two pics, although full body shots of me above 190 lbs are practically non-existent. The pic below (which Iā€™ve already posted in the locked Before and After forum) shows more immediate progress over the last 6 months. KCKO my friends!

(Jenny) #335

Thank you!!!:blush::blush:

(Meg ) #336

New here! Not new to keto :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been low carb for the past year or so and keto from October.

First picture was at my heaviest probably about 180-185 pounds, second is me now just hovering on 150. Lost a bulk of the weight through low carb/keto. Have reached a plateau for past 6 months (stress/work/sleep etc) so hoping to get into IF to switch things up a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

(Karen) #337

Wow wow wow. Amazing difference! Knees and muscles!

K

(Sophie) #338

@erinone Love your hair :heavy_heart_exclamation:

(Karen) #339

Great, improved body composition. Well done!

K

(Meg ) #340

Thank you! :slight_smile:

(Justin Roberts) #341

I actually had to go and buy a new suit because my old one was way too big.

(Troy) #342

Is that ur older brother on the left?:rofl:

Great job!
Congrats

(Jody Crawford) #343

Iā€™m looking forward to posting some before and after a soon. I came across Dr Fung and the Obesity Code about 18 months ago and immediately started IF and eating close to keto. I had instant, and very quick success and dropped a tonne of weight in the couple of weeks I was doing it. But I dropped it so fast, it scared me, because I didnā€™t think it could possibly be healthy of sustainable. So I went back to my old ways, but stayed on some of the fasting FB groups.

Through one of them, I came across The Obesity Code Podcast hosted by Carl, and I quickly devoured episodes of that. From there, I started 2 Keto Dudes. I am currently working my way from the beginning - I have binge listened to all of season one and am into season two - and this is all in the last 10 weeks.

From all the listening, I recognise that even though every test so far has come back within normal range, I was definitely showing signs of insulin resistance. We have a strong family history of T2D, and I had gestational diabetes - which I was able to control through diet, using all the carbsā€¦ :confused:

Iā€™ve been pretty solidly Keto for the last 10 weeks and have dropped about 20 pounds. I have no idea about measurements. But Iā€™m feeling a difference in my clothes, I can see it in my face, I have ALL the energy, and am really loving keto eating.

Thanks for reading my first post on the Ketogenic Forums. :slight_smile:

(Kath Galvin) #344

Awesome! Iā€™m on the same track, also binging on the podcast from start through. Itā€™s been a huge help and support. I just wish I could be at ketofest starting today.

(Jody Crawford) #345

I would lurve to be at ketofestā€¦ Saw the pics of the boys with all the gyms in Carlā€™s car. If only I wasnā€™t on the opposite side of the world.

Yay to know I have a Keto-twin. Nice to be tracking along with someone else. :smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #346

You might want to give Keto Woman a try, it is produced by the 2dudes. Daisy has some very interesting guests, and yes it is skewed to womenā€™s issues. http://www.ketowomanpodcast.com/

(Jody Crawford) #347

I have listened to the first two eps and will listen to more. Thank you for reminding me. :slight_smile: