The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Ellen) #266

Amazing! Sending hugs & best wishes, you’re doing great.

(Teresa Coffman) #267

Thanks. My fasting schedule was OMAD (one meal a day) basically 22/2, most days with one day a week I would have 2 meals and one day a week I wouldn’t eat at all and do a 46-48 hour fast. Fasting was definitely the key to my weight loss.

(ketoisgreatedasd) #268

Thank you so much. E-hugs! <3

(NANCY J HOLTZ) #269

Wow! And thanks! You and I share the same starting weight. I started Keto amost exactly 1 month ago. Had a little fatigue in the 1st week but no real Keto flu. Have experienced trouble sleeping mostly because of getting up 3-4 times to pee. Have since stopped dring fluids at 7pm. Last night 8 hrs, getting up once whick at 67 yrs is normal. I have never lost more than 26 lbs on WW at a time. Am hoping for your results. That is my fighting weight! Thanks for your story. Most of the enthusiasts are in their 20’ and 30’s and its different when your “older”

(Teresa Coffman) #270

That’s for sure. I’ve never been able to lose weight easily and now that I’m over 50 it’s been even more difficult. With intermittent fasting and Keto I have made it to a weight that I never even dreamed I’d see again.

(ROBERT HOWARD MAYNARDD) #271

You look fantastic Teresa!!! Keep up the Keto.

(Jason Sampson) #272

Before picture was August of 2017 not quite my heaviest but close.
January of 2018 I weighed 260
June 8th I weighed 215
today I am even less.

First goal was 225 got there and made a new goal of 200.

Had HBP, Acid reflux, and high cholesterol

No longer take medicine for HBP or acid reflux. Looking forward to seeing what my cholesterol numbers are on next blood test in July.

(Karen) #273

You have certainly Re Formed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

K

(john cassity) #274

Congrats! You deserve all the youthful energy keto can give!!!

(less is more, more or less) #275

Your after photo reminds me of when I proudly showed my boss a photo of me, accompanying my daughter to an award ceremony, with my LCHF-ed body in my now way to big suit. He gave a hearty laugh, pointed at the photo, and said; “You look like the kid who borrowed your dad’s clothes.” Then he “confided” in me; “you know you need an entire new wardrobe.” Yeah, all my clothes are too big now.

(Chris H) #276

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your stats!

(Margie) #277

Wow

(Jeanne Wagner) #278

Brenda I just read your post Life. Is. Good. I just love that picture of you and Dr. Fung!! What an incredible story. You are one smart woman. I was clueless that the fat on my body was actually energy. But I did learn about keto finally, and that showed me the way. When I read the last part of your story about your story of sitting next to Gary Fettke, I cried. It gives me hope that I might some day be healed of my neuropathy as well. I have numb areas on the bottom of both my feet, but the biggest area is on my right. And there’s something going on with pain in my legs that has been there for years. Even an improvement will be a miracle, and most welcome indeed.

God bless you.

(Todd Gamel) #279

Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes almost two years ago, I had to do something different after a new medication made me sick. So my wife and I started keto, here are my labs before staring on this wondrous journey.

8/15/2016 (Ironically my 54th Birthday)

Hgb A1C 7.1
LDL 38
HDL 34
Total Cholesterol 92
Risk Ratio LDL/HDL 1.11
Triglycerides 101

8/15/2016

Hgb A1C 5.5 (No lipid panel this time)

Four months later I was getting close to being non-diabetic… I was off my insulin, and blood pressure mediation, still taking metformin 1000mg twice a day.

Eight months into Keto…

Hgb A1C 5.1
LDL 56
HDL 62
Total Cholesterol 128
Risk Ratio LDL/HDL .90
Triglycerides 51

Eight months into Keto, after these labs my MD dropped my metformin to 500mg twice a day. Still off my insulin, and blood pressure mediation.

Last week, 22 months on keto…

Hgb A1C 5.2
LDL 58
HDL 54
Total Cholesterol 120
Risk Ratio LDL/HDL 1.07
Triglycerides 42

Last week, 22 months on keto. Decided to keep taking metformin 500mg twice a day for now, just afraid to be off of it for 6 months as the insurance will only pay for labs every six months. Metformin however is pretty kidney protective and it costs me nothing with insurance.

If you are new to keto do not be worried about eating so much fat, my triglycerides have continued to decrease each time I have labs drawn. You may have a slight bump at first as your cells release all that stored fat, but you will soon equalize and begin to see your triglycerides plummet.

(Ellen) #280

Amazing!

(Karen) #281

Whoa! Talk about healthy!

K

(Bill Pletke) #282

I am continuing my Metformin dosage as well.

The FDA has recently approved a study to determine if metformin can slow the aging process. This is the first anti-aging study approved by the FDA.

The study is called Targeting Aging with Metformin (TAME). You can bet this study will be contested at every step by big pharma…

(Vivienne Clampitt) #283

Wow! Amazing.

(Terri) #284

You look awesome! The best part is that you are healthy and feel great. Good for you!

(Raj Seth) #285

We are twins. Im 54, went from 44" to 36" pants. A1c from 7s to 5s.
Metformin is most benign from an insulin perspective. However, I stopped taking all medications in January, at A1c of 6.0. Metformin suppresses gluconeogenesis. So, it gets in the way of full blown keto in that it hinders the body’s processes to provide the essential glucose when you stop ingesting exogenous glucose/carbs.
After 3 months of no medications, continued keto, no gym, no weight loss, I had an A1c of 5.9 in April. I graduated from the endocrinologist’s practice and only see a GP now. I’ll see him in Sept/Oct and get my next A1c.

My endo agreed with me when I wanted to stop metformin at A1c of 6.0 in January.