The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Ellen) #245

Just listened to your podcast, both inspired me & made me cry. If you were in the UK I’d come to you for lifting advise along with general fitness stuff.

(Ron D. Garrett) #246

Thank you so much and if I were in the UK I’d be happy to help! Cheers!

(Ellen) #247

Thanks, not only have you given me a new keto podcast to listen to but really helped me think weights are a good thing, and the fact you’re paying it forward so much is both humbling & awesome

(Ron D. Garrett) #248

Thank you so much my friend!!

(diane) #249

I think its just the angle of the picture. My face isn’t as wrinkled as other folks my age but my neck is kinda saggy. le sigh. LOL

(Desiree) #250

Wonderful results! You look so healthy now!!!

(Joan) #251

Hello. Did your high cholesterol reverse?

(Wendy) #252

Sisters? Just kidding but you look so different! So happy for your success and love your attitude!

(Michelle Britt) #253

I had bloodwork done right before starting keto, and 6 weeks in. I do not recall the actual numbers, but my triglycerides had dropped more then 100 points in 6 weeks. My cholesterol is well within normal range, as is my A1C.

(Joan) #254

Thanks. That’s comforting.

(Michelle Britt) #255

Health benefits wise, I cannot speak enough praise about Keto. Aside from the major key points regarding Diabetes and such, this way of life has helped in many other ways as well. My excema cleared up and out, and I have not had a flare up in a year, when before nothing helped it, not even prescription medications. My hair is thicker and softer and shinier, and my nails grow long and strong. My skin looks amazing, and at 37, that is something I truly appreciate. I even heal quicker if I cut myself or get a bruise. What would take two weeks to heal and fade, now is healed within a few days. The biggest thing for me though has been the all but eliminated anxiety/depression and more consistently even mood. Bringing your body into balance hormonally changes everything.

(Stephanie Thurrott) #256

Hi Jennifer! I’m a writer for NBC Better and I’m starting to cover weight-loss success stories. If you’d be willing to share your story with me I’d love to talk to you. What I like particularly about your story is that you started keto to control your epilespy and that your neurologist is onboard.

Please let me know if you’d be willing to talk to me!
Thanks,
Stephanie Thurrott
steph.thurrott@gmail.com

(Sorry about the public post. I joined the group to look for success stories and I’m too new to message privately.)

(Teresa Coffman) #257

Hello, I’ve lost 60 lbs and am now at goal weight using the ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. My starting weight was 208, my goal weight was 148, and my current weight is 147. I’m 54 years old and post menopausal. It’s taken 8 months. When I began my size 16 jeans were too tight and now I’m in a size 8. Eating keto is essential for me. If I eat carbs I gain and if I eat carbs I don’t feel well. My arthritis is gone and the amazing transformation in my mood and sense of well being is directly tied to my new way of life. I’m never going back. Keto and fasting forever!! I usually do one meal a day but vary it with 2 meals and 48 hour fasts. Sending a big Thank You to Dr. Fung and The 2-Keto Dudes. I’ve listened to all of your podcasts. Many more than once.

(Doug) #258

:slightly_smiling_face: (Rather large) cheers, Teresa!

(Karen) #259

Pretty lady, now pretty little lady!

K

(Marta Loftfield) #260

@TeresaCoffman you look amazing. Thank you for sharing. Love not only the weight loss but that your health is so much better!

(Doug) #262

Wow. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Ron) #263

I second that - WOW!:hushed:

(Polly ) #264

You look like your own daughter now. Congratulations!

(Michelle Britt) #265

You look amazing, and no where near 54 years old!!! I hope to look half as good as you at that age. Just beautiful!! And amazing job! It is really amazing the things that improve that we do not really consider to be related, such as arthritis and our moods. I would love to know more about your fasting schedule. It is something I have considered incorporating , but not sure how I want to go about it.