The Entire Ketogenic Diet in One Sentence

simpleketo

It is…and you will! :blush:

(Patrick) #62

Is there a simple way to dummy down protein intake per day? Like - can I eat 2 eggs or chicken or something?

(James storie) #63

Great post!

Thank! I needed this!

Feeling a bit overwhelmed on all the intricacies that are out there about keto eating that I am finding when all I want to do is find out basic WOE. Do I eat the nut or 1/2 avo? I’ve been LCHF eating 12 days now and feeling really good, but not sure if I’m eating keto or not…too much protein or to much fat?

This is a great site! Still trying to find some basic help…are some fats (besides trans-fats) bad? Like as wonderful as bacon tastes…in my mind the nitrates are not healthy.

Thank you again for this post!

(James storie) #65

From what I understand, there are more nitrates in a salad than a serving of bacon. Can’t remember where I heard that, but it is true that vegetables naturally have nitrates! So eat your bacon! Stay away from any fat made from vegetables, this is not natural. Animal fat is optimal, avocado and olive are great too.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #66

Yep. Celery in particular, which is what is used when you buy “no nitrate” bacon. The things I’ve read suggest that nitrates are something we probably don’t need to worry about. And if you are worried about them, you probably want to avoid eating celery or anything containing it. :wink:

(James storie) #67

Yep, I’ve watched (on YouTube) someone cure salami by using celery for this reason! Take that vegans! Just kidding!

(Robert Hambly) #68

You can easily become ketotic (get into ketosis) by fasting in all of its forms (intermittent (12-18 hr) to Extended (3 - 10+ days). Jason Fung’s new book has recent (Oct 2016) medical discussions of the different types of fasting and a section on How to Fast.

Simple is good, Stop Eating is the simplest way to get into ketosis…

And constantly Study what you are doing to maintain your most precious possession, your health!

(Roxanne Curtis Riley) #69

This was awesome! Thank you for the simplicity!

(Leslie) #70

Yay! Ashley hey chika! It’s Leslie :grinning:

(Ashley Haddock) #71

Hey girl! <3

(Stephanie Tebbs) #72

Perfect! Thank you. I’ve been on keto for 3 weeks and my husband just started this week. He’s been having a lot of difficulty grasping the concepts and worrying about what to eat and when and what is ok and what’s not. This post will definitely help him.

(Keto in Katy) #73

I don’t know if this is helpful but my 15 year old son recently started keto (my wife and I have been doing it for four years), and I put a list on the side of the fridge to help him out (copied below), with simple instructions: If it’s not on the list, don’t eat it.

He said this was really helpful with his decision-making. He has already lost 15 pounds in five weeks and he feels great.

Meats:
Beef — hamburger, steak, roast
Chicken
Pork — bacon, ham
Fish
Turkey
Sausage

Eggs

Butter, mayonnaise

Whole fat milk, cream & cheeses

Nuts: macadamias, almonds, pecans, walnuts

Olive oil, coconut oil

Berries — limited

Avocados

Low carb veggies:
broccoli
cauliflower
brussel sprouts
asparagus
spinach
squash
cabbage

Best Ketogenic Vegetables - In order of importance for you
(Stephanie Tebbs) #74

I think your idea will be extremely helpful.
Thank you!

(Cara Lee Evans) #75

After losing 50 pounds in the past 6 months I am stuck with 3 weeks of no loss! I stay at 20 and below for carbs but cannot seem to get above 900-1000 calories eaten daily, I just am not hungry. I sometimes resort to 2 tbsp peanut butter to just try and get the calories up. I also am trying to up my water, 64-90 oz is probably not enough. My stats are:
71/F/5’4" | CW 220 | 47% BF | Mostly sedentary

• 1226 kcal Goal, a 26% deficit. (530 min, 1652 max)
  • 20g Carbohydrates
  • 45g Protein (70g min, 116g max)
  • 107g Fat (30g min, 154g max)
    I would appreciate you input and wisdom, I know I didn’t get her pe fast and have been working steady but am discouraged at 0 loss 3 weeks in a row.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #76

If you’re not hungry, then don’t eat. And stop worrying about how many calories you’re eating—let your body tell you how much is enough.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #77

(Cara Lee Evans) #78

Oh, that is great! I was not worried til I hit this plateau an so many point out tgat it is the amount I eat. I feel great and just want to be as healthy as I am able. All my labs are great, as well as liver, blood sugar and cholesterol when I just had my physical.

What a great and simple concept. Fewer carbs, more fat. Not that difficult to understand, and IMO easy to execute.

(VLC.MD) #80

Love your list … but I’m going to take off squash.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2648/2

It’s a bit carby vs. the rest of the food.

I think cucumber might be good for your list. And kids like them more than many other veggies.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2439/2