“Slaptember!” Challenge

yea that and when they molt a bit and all the eggs slow alot and it is like a gazillion eggs then like none for a bit LOL

I love your farming reports so much SB! I did all that and now gone but when you chat about it I get so happy reading it all!!

Hey did you ever find your pet turkey? I hope so cause last report I believe was gone but wondering if that bird showed back up?

And Elizedge is a wealth of info. She is a moderator for I know 1 site, but I think 2 ZC sites that are hardcore ZC. She knows her stuff and she also has a wealth of info at her fingertips for reports, science, general info, success stories on how we change and really is a huge wealth of info from her and when she shares stuff it is exciting cause this is hardcore zc info coming at ya :slight_smile: :slight_smile: She is so nice to share so much to keep the zc plans alive and well out there and on track. Good friend to me also!!

(traci simpson) #313

Dr. Fit and Fabulous is her name.

we just posted a Kelly Hogan video interviewing Dr Fit and Fab over in our zc info video thread. Hormone Hacks

(traci simpson) #315

I started off doing it for 30 days. 7 months later, I can’t think of any other way to eat.

(Elizabeth ) #316

Keep your eyes open for Kelly’s new video that’s going to drop soon, she interviewed me and Dana and Cindy and Lisa, not sure why this baby carnivore was grouped in with those gals but we talked about hormones and carnivores :slight_smile:

@Fangs didn’t we start these carnivore challenges in these forums in November 2019 with Cheryl’s 90 day challenge? Is there a carniversary due at the end of Oxtober? @CherylP

Today was 2MAD.

2 eggs and bacon cooked in lard at about 12 noon. Eye fillet steak and 2 more eggs at 5pm. I did have one cup of black coffee with MCT oil this morning. Ah well. I’m still learning.

The nectarine tree we transplanted from our sister-in-law’s house 300km away has started to send out some green shoots. The nectaplum and Rangpour lime tree are in full blossom. As are the A and B avocado trees and I notice that small black ants love those flowers. The blueberry bushes are full of green berries. The black mulberry tree that I planted from a cutting is already full of fruit. There’s a lot happening in the food forest. People around me eat these home-grown foods. I feed them to the chooks who give me eggs and the 6 hens are in to full production now it is spring.

I’m drinking the end of winter rain water here, it’s not quite Kool Aid, but it does taste sweet.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=water%20tastes%20sweet

(Laurie) #318

Aren’t avocados harmful to chickens?

They can be. I compost the skins and feed the fruit to family. Chickens don’t get much avo exposure, nor does the dog.

Fun visit to the butcher today.

A special on chicken wings, so I’ll bake up a kilo (2.2lbs) and have them available cold.

The tomahawk steaks and scotch fillet were the same price per kg/lb so I bought the fillet without the bone, even though my preference is for meat on the bone.

The butcher had fresh shrimp. These little guys had blue tail tips, beautiful colours. They are not farmed and have been fished in tropical waters. So it will be surf and turf for dinner tonight!

I asked for bacon and the butcher only had it in a slab. No bacon strips. This will be fun cutting my own bacon. I had forgotten that getting a ‘side of bacon’ meant it was a slab that had to be cut. It’s after 12 noon, so I’m going to fry up some freshly cut bacon and fresh eggs. :slight_smile:

Fasting blood glucose: 4.6mmol/l = 82mg/dl. Blood ketones: 0.1mmol/l.

FB, that is a fun trip to the butcher! Lucky you…a SLAB of bacon! Ohhh, you can go wild on that one!!

Slaptember is flying by for sure now, we are on that tail end.

FB posted next month we hit a year. WOW, when Cheryl started the challenge who knew we all would rock it out so well and be happy with our zc and thrive just like our challenge thread is doing!!

almost a lb. NY Strip steak
8 link sausage
4 very big country style pork ribs
(ohh they were good, so much good fat on them)
6 slices salami

I feel very centered again. Sometimes when I get jealous of the family a tad, and I still do every now and then, I waver in my being SO strong ya know, and I get a bit wonky but I get thru it all now ok. I feel like I am done wavering right now which is a good thing. I got that ‘screw you carbs’ feeling and I am holding very tight to my plan. My plan is my rock for sure.

So Slaptember is waning down and all of us will go into OxtoberFest with great resolve, great healing, great changes to us and tackle another month working towards the best health we can have! ZC will give us just that!

Hitting grocery in a bit for a few things but they do have more NY Strip steaks on a good sale so I am grabbing some for sure. Freezer and meat, heaven to me LOL

Me too… I get reminded to the times when my Granma had hens… They aren’t smart but very funny, fluffy and they lay eggs! What not to like? :smiley: Okay, I had nothing of the work except cleaning them when we cooked some… Dissecting animals is interesting, I saw things people who just buy chicken in the supermarket don’t.

Hi folks, I still can’t stay away for long…
Alvaro is the cook again, it’s pretty good now, he makes tomato soup for himself and fries chicken liver in the oven (using coconut oil as it’s a food for us two, he hates lard except for lean pork and we run out of that long ago anyway and couldn’t buy it since… I have tallow but he extremely hates it, I rather not use that even for myself or very carefully as the smell bothers him and it’s not my fav either, the tallow itself, I mean, not just the smell. the little birds will like it in winter. but I don’t find coconut oil a problem enough to make our food separately. I just don’t use it for my own food)… Poor chickens but I love liver and still can’t get proper meat…

My hunger is worse than ever, I mean, the complete lack of it… It’s usually negative, even. I wonder when I will able even taking a bite, my appetite is VERY negative too and it has total control. I don’t need appetite to eat but if it’s negative, I won’t eat, no matter what (it’s very annoying when I have negative appetite with strong hunger but I so can’t stand hunger that it raises my appetite to zero soon so I can eat).

Oh, we will see. I refuse to worry about undereating (last time I was worried and thought about it a lot and that’s horrible and unnecessary. and it didn’t raise my calories at all), I never ever did that for more than a few days, my body realizes what happens and give me proper signs again.
But if it wouldn’t, well, I track and notice things (but eating very little is probably apparent without tracking too. I am super bad at it though) so I will just change my food choices sometimes. It should help. So many things to experiment on! :smiley: I never had my occasional high-calorie days on carni but I need it for longer carni times. I will need planning. And probably 2 meals. My very extensive overeating experiences should help, I still have some trick even though I lost my number 1 item to eat a ton (even after satiation), carbs. I have more.
But it actually should be natural… Oh well. I just need a high-calorie day now and then. My normal days surely will be okay eventually when my body gets over its confusion. My carni food is very satiating especially meat. It probably never will change but getting very satiated with a few bites is something I never want again. That’s one reason why I do OMAD now: it’s best to wait until proper hunger so I probably can eat a big enough meal. It’s a double-edged sword as longer fasts often cause smaller meals but my body will learn and it always was very serious about its calories and tricking it is hard. It just gets confused for some days sometimes when I change something. I have fat reserves so that’s fine. And fasting often feels so damn good… And then desire and need for food emerges again. I am not too extreme.

I don’t know what is head hunger… Probably some mental thing?
I have stomach hunger and “real” hunger, need for fuel (maybe the last two are close), appetite and compulsion (and I miss eating when I don’t eat for a longer time than usual even if I am too satiated to eat. it’s a mental thing just like compulsion but it’s not that as I don’t feel a desire to eat, often the opposite, I just miss eating if it makes sense). I almost always ate immediately as any urge emerged in the past, now I try to wait for a real need. Taking a bite without it could trigger a big meal with carbs but it doesn’t work now. I only can eat a proper meal if I really feel the need and ability.

Oh, sorry. Lighter topic then. Coffee. I - not surprisingly - went back to my thinking that coffee is my mostly harmless liquid and it doesn’t make any sense not to have it when I feel it helps. I need it most when I am too satiated, of course I won’t eat then! But that’s off carni so doesn’t matter here.
On carni days, I don’t drink coffee now. If possible. We will see. I have a few reasons to drink coffee as medicine but hopefully they won’t happen often on my carni days. The biggest reason (carb poisoning) surely won’t :smiley: And it’s too ineffective for headaches so I will just suffer, I guess as if I won’t drink coffee, I surely won’t take a pill, I avoid them anyway as much as I can and they are expensive… No, I won’t suffer, I am a hedonist with a very low pain tolerance. I won’t get headaches then or solve them differently.
I drink tea but I need something warm :stuck_out_tongue: And for some reason, I drink extremely much water. At some point I worried that not drinking coffee will plummet my calories as I always will be full with water and with my reduced urges to eat, it matters. Without coffee, I drink lots of water all the time, even in the first half of the day. My thirst is annoying sometimes, it always was extremely strong but at least I have zero problems against plain water. I had times when I found getting most of my water intake using plain water a bit boring. A thirsty person totally appreciates good water and I have good one. I drank better tap water in my life but it’s superior to most tap waters in the country, I am sure. I have some experience. My childhood place had very bad water, I couldn’t drink it without an unusually strong thirst. Maybe that’s why I want to drink is differently so often. Well, not anymore. Water is good. I still like some variety now and then but it’s not nearly as important as before. Winter probably will raise my desire to have something warm… And I still can’t make soups without vegetables, I almost never even have proper bony animal parts! :frowning: Well, spiced egg milk is an option… I need my soups, I miss them when 5 days pass without eating any. But it’s hard when I don’t have meat for them and don’t want vegetables… I just need flavor and water. And poached eggs, usually.

OxtoberFest :smiley: Sounds good. I need to rethink my chances. I thought it’s impossible with all the grapes and apples but my body serious hates the idea of grapes and apples now.
But I still can’t get meat from the farm :frowning: And it’s my only proper source.

Nothing interesting in this comment, I just whine a bit about my too big satiation.

This is new. I regret I ate. I am so sleepy and too satiated and I won’t be able to do anything useful for hours.
I ate chicken liver, mostly. Little cheese, some eggs, some pork…
My body wants fasting now :frowning: Argh!!! I never had this. I would understand it after overeating carby days but I had low-cal days with low and very low carb. And sleeping problems, maybe they affect me too much this one time.

Oh well. I guess we have odd days. But I am too full. I couldn’t even drink coffee as I simply was too full for that (I am not in the mood for black coffee). I still drink water but it’s problematic too.
I won’t eat this early again (2pm, not very early in the weekend…) if I am just borderline, not really hungry… I just want to get less satiated… And I felt no problem while eating. I ate not much and slowly as always…

I hope my body will get out of this current confusion, whatever it is. I love eating, hopefully I won’t be scared of eating for a while now but it’s really uncomfortable. I rarely regret having a meal but I do it now. I wanted to do things. Maybe I take a nap, my energy went low, it’s normal after big meals and my body considers this too big. Why didn’t it say it during eating? I was hungry before the last bites.

No such things happen after the first days on carni for a healthy person, I hope. I know my first days aren’t always perfect. But it was always due to carbs previously. And now it feels too much food. When things are gleefully progressing into my 3rd low-cal day in row.

But I can’t say my woe is boring…

YOU ARE OK truly and this is a normal situation when we go all in with zero carb. We eat til full, you ate ALL you wanted and NOW you body is wanting to heal and change and adapt…and with that great food you just gave it…comes some fatigue thru your body processing that good food intake, it is happy and fine and content and thrilled, but now it will ‘use this meal’ to heal. So what it does is shut you down a bit while it is doing just this. MANY newbies full on zc meal experience this and KEY here is to go with the flow. Sleep, relax, take a nap, chill on the couch and read, or close your eyes and relax…this is not permanent in any way. You will go out of this thru you new change to zc but this is your personal journey. Since you are so keto type/so low carb type you should adapt thru faster than most, but you will have new adaption for sure going off all carbs!

You are ok S. Truly OK and don’t eat until you want anything again. And that is just fine also. You sip some water as you want. You just nap or relax as you need and don’t push at all.

You know it is OK to be down for a bit thru being tired thru adaption.
It is OK to need to relax and rest after a ‘big healing meal’ your body wants.
It is OK in life to focus on your health and work thru some days you must to gain that better health.

all this is OK truly!!! WE ALL go thru it adjusting to zc. Newbies into this plan just don’t see the final light at the end of that tunnel but I swear it is there :slight_smile: cause if you asked me thru my adaption and change time into zc if I was ‘cool and ok all the time’ I would be saying, hell no I ain’t…WTH? LOL but if one holds this plan tight and bobs and weaves, relaxes thru adaption and eats well there is a big flip coming your way!

and that is the hardest part S is trying to know that other people who went thru adaption and more do find better and change yet while one is experiencing it, well, it stinks LOL

You just PLAN your next ZC meal in your mind ever so slowly. When you want it you know what you will and that helps. That bit of planning to ‘go to zc’ and not be left up in the air hungry later down the line and not sure what you are gonna make.

So plan the next zc meal a bit in your mind when hunger hits again, and who knows when for ya? :slight_smile: this is your personal journey but if you know I will eat mostly ABC or XYZ then you got that next zc meal to help you and heal you.

You rock it out S!!! You are doing what newer people on zc are doing and we get thru it and the other side is fabulous!!!

Loved your post!! and you are OK…go take a nap. Think a lion eating an animal with big lbs of meat, what do they do, they go nap under a tree in the shade maybe for days cause their bodies are fueled and processing and in good balanced health…so it ain’t wrong for you to go nap if needed :sunny:, in fact it is a natural thing actually :wink: but in the end this tired will drop and energy levels will spike and your change will come!

(Laurie) #325

Fangs, when you feel “jealous,” just remember that baked goods now taste like sawdust, other things aren’t as good as you remember, and how awful you’ll feel after!

But I slept much at night already :frowning: I wanna do things but my energy is low. It is always kind of low but sometimes lower.

And I never ever had this on carni days before. I got hungry a bit, I ate and I felt great. It’s probably totally not connected to my meal, something went wrong previously… Feeling too full is a bad feeling, I surely did something wrong.
I am used to being something less energetic after eating. That is fine. But feeling too full? Me? I almost never feel that without eating a ton!

So it was odd but I am sure I will be very fine, carni never ever caused a problem (except being upset at the lack of meat sometimes but it’s not the woe’s fault :D), only good things and I like it to stay so. I am greedy :smiley:
I need a few carni days before some Aussie sweets hit my house… I hope Alvaro will eat significantly more than half of it. The last thing my body needs now is sugar but my history of subtly going against my body’s wishes hints at possible problems (it takes a moment of weekness to ruin things and all time focus not to). But there will be Vegemite too, I finally meet this famous thing I wondered about since I first tasted Marmite years ago!

Alvaro eats meat 2 times a day now (in his own tiny amounts, of course. he is the one who plays with a half young rabbit for 3 days). I wonder if he fully realizes it :smiley:

Liver was odd without onions (not for Alv, he ate it with tons of fat on bread as a kid. probably about as much added fat as liver. I ate it with lots of onions and it was great). I will add a tiny bit of onions next time. It’s my spice/condiment, too good with liver.

very very true Laurie…thanks

old times I would eat junk on my lc plan and I always knew that taste, first bite was wonderful, after that it all tasted like crap so I definitely hear you on that!!

(Edith) #328

When I did my first carnivore trial over a year ago, I had a couple of times after a big beef meal where I just COULD NOT keep my eyes opened. That went away after a while.

I am used to some naps here and there after my meal (never figured out the reason… carbs, size of meal, nothing I can think of seem to matter), my problem was feeling WORSE after eating a carni meal when a bit hungry… It never happened before.

But it passed, of course, “too full” state can’t stay for long. I am just very satiated now and looking forward to the next days :slight_smile:

(Patty W) #330

Thank you Fangs & Elizedge! I do feel good, & I certainly don’t feel like I’m suffering in any way (lol), so I think I’m inclined to keep riding the beef/salt/water train for a bit longer. The practical part of me says “but you have all those eggs, & other meats In the freezer to use up”…but they will keep a bit longer I guess. When my body tells me it needs something else, instead my boredom telling me it wants something different, that should really be my cue. And the simplicity in this WOE is really nice. Thanks again for the wise perspectives!

That video was absolutely incredible!!! Thank you! I can’t wait for the next one!

A couple days prior to watching it, I had started using my Progesterone cream again. Don’t know if it was a coincidence or what, but I felt strangely revitalized. Got up early, snatched some eggs from the ladies, fixed a big brekkie, did a little plinking, worked 2-11… I’ve just finished a 6 day work week, and its 1:42 am. Go figure.

Its going to take some time, I’m sure, but hoping that the progest will help stop the cycle- or at least slow things way down.

Just threw 2 roasts into the slow cooker, so I’ll have plenty of beef for the next couple of days. Going to do a sudoku puzzle and head off to bed, I guess. Everyone else is asleep- though I can’t imagine why. Must be all the carbs they ate. :upside_down_face:
Cheers til tomorrow. Or, later today.