“Slaptember!” Challenge

big truth in what you wrote FB! I know the hardest darn thing was acceptance. Acceptance of what it took for me and knowing myself and acting on the correct route to handle whatever cravings/habits I had. Sometimes ya gotta dig down deep and it stinks when we don’t like the answer tho sometimes :smirk:

Vitamin C? To help with the iron replenishment. I think organ meats are the carnivore way to get Vitamin C (especially concentrated in brains).

wow SB I bet you are thrilled with that load of beef!! My hubby’s best friend owns a custom slaughterhouse and we used him for our hog sausage sales and when we did a beef and I so agree with you…a good butcher is wonderful, and boy we used a few every now and then thru the years that could literally ‘butcher the meat cuts’ and I say that NOT in a good way LOL Happy for ya on that great score!!

Sorry about the episodes and all. You gotta be feeling icky on all this and hope this all just leaves soon for you! ugh.

Good goal to get back to your standard that works for you but being what you are going thru, you just do what ya gotta do at all times to be ok, make the day work for you no matter how many times you need to eat and hopefully your body will come around and you can find that normalcy you like for youself again!

Off to the store in a bit. I have a ribeye sale to attack!

I was ravenous again yesterday.

1 lb. ribeye steak
1/2 lb. hamburger, made into 2 patties

and still hungry I ate 1 chicken breast
1 beef stick

ahhh, crap, I didn’t even think this was man made and processed ya know…so they are off my list for the month and will use some brain cells to remember that since it is my goal to drop anything packaged like that for my focus.

then I was full and happy.

and later…6 slices pork roast slopped in drippings…too darn good!

then I cooked a delish pork roast with the best fat cap in the oven. I rarely turn the oven on in summer time but got this going and WOW it was over the top perfect. I could not eat except 1 nibble cause I was so full from the above I ate but I took all those wonderful pan drippings and put them up and later I cut me slices of pork from the leftover roast later in the evening, topped with drippings, heated for a flash to warm and OMG SO DARN GOOD.

and TA-DA…I dropped 1/2 lb on the scale.

I can say I feel like the last few drops have been always associated with me eating more…like in my ravenous eating times.

My SLAPtember is going well and we only just started…can’t wait to see how the rest goes.

If one reads enough in these forums a repeated observation rises to the surface, you need to feed your body good nutrition to effectively lose body fat (and some weight, if you’re not exercising at the same time to build strength).

I stayed on plan to end Day #2 it was simple but not easy. I ate an extra egg today (to make 4 eggs total). :egg::egg::egg::egg: + steak :cut_of_meat:+ mackerel :fish: + butter :butterfly: + coffee :coffee:. I also learnt how to spell mackerel.

:tangerine::tangerine::tangerine::tangerine::tangerine: There is a bag of oranges in the pantry. A friend of ours is away from their property and they encourage us to harvest the fruit from the orchard as there is nobody there to pick it. So the good lady brings home bags of citrus fruit of many varieties that can’t be found in stores. There are blood orange hybrids that look like a kaleidoscope when they are cut. I snuck a few oranges last month. Most I take to the city and feed to family who are amazed at finding out what an orange is supposed to taste like. But this week I’m working from home and I haven’t taken the harvest to the hungry city. They call from behind the pantry door. :sweat_smile: Hahahaha, I’m being tempted by oranges. :orange_heart: I love it! Back in the SAD old days it was crappy carbs. Most normal people would be shaking their head at someone resisting a “health food”.

(Kellyn ) #26

I hadn’t thought about hiking in the fall weather. I really am looking forward to that. It’s still pretty hot in South Carolina, but I am really looking forward to the leaves changing and will definitely do some hiking when the weather cools.

(Kellyn ) #27

That’s a good idea. I will try soda water and vodka or just eliminate the alcohol all together. I will attempt the former and if I can’t do it, I will eliminate all together. Eliminating beer was a big step for me and the diet soda & liquor was the next baby step. This is a journey for me and I am slowly figuring out what is best for my body. I love soda water, seltzer, and sparkling water. The fizz is enough to give me a change from just plain water. I hate the flavors though. I will only drink plain.

(Kellyn ) #28

I only get my cholesterol checked once a year. It has always been good. It has gotten even better the past 3 years as I was on and off keto. I am worried my LDL might be higher and was looking at Dave Feldman’s research to see when to fast before the blood draw in case I am a hyper-responder. It says to fast 12-14 hours before the test and not to drink black coffee. I will definitely post my results when I get them.

(Edith) #29

Maybe you should get things checked out to make sure it really IS perimenopause.

very smart, not a darn thing wrong experimenting a bit with a sparkling water as a mixer for alcohol…and truly just wait, more long term zc you are, the less you ever want booze. Our bodies, well most of us, all at some time come on and say, wow I am not wanting it at all…but a journey it is KP and that is key! I like the way you think.

Hey I am North Carolina, near Hickory area…I am in and out of SC like crazy LOL

-----------and guys I scored. Got me 10 beautiful ribeyes in the freezer, I picked only the best of the best. 10 days of food and I got ME 2 lobster tails. Puny and expensive but on sale and I treated me. OMG I can’t wait, steak and lobster in a while for me…OH LA LA

Pork roast on sale also and scored a tiny one with a monster fat cap. The bigger roasts had like NO fat cap and like, why bother buying?

I got me ribeye, lobster, beef tenderloin, a tiny flank steak defrosted that I hit on a cheap sale and some burger in the fridge…I tell ya I DO NOT know what to eat first and heck in the end, I might eat it all!!!

I woke up a bit ‘not hungry’ and my ravenous feeling seems less ya know, so will play today by ear on food.

Everyone remember, EAT ON ZC!! Do not limit, restrict/tweak/freak/or go into I can’t eat that meat cause I already ate since I should be hungry but I am’ mode…everyone eat as you must. That is a monster key point in a newer person coming into zc. Never one bit ever think you can’t eat when you need! If it is animal products you eat it up and smile while doing just that!

(Kellyn ) #31

I live in Spartanburg which is Upstate SC, near the NC border. It’s cool that we don’t live too far from one another.
Do you think red wine would be better or worse than Vodka and soda water with lime? I’m not sure. I know lime is a no no but so is the carbs in wine. I may just give up the alcohol. It’s only once a week on my date night, but we sit at the bar and I feel bad not drinking when I am taking up bar space.

You are like 1 hr from me :slight_smile:
I run around that area a bit while traveling thru etc. so heck yea I know your area well. That is so cool KP…if you hold ZC as a lifestyle, maybe in a year we can plan a ‘Meat Up’ 1/2 way between us and anyone who can come might come cause we can meet and eat so much meat our eyeballs will bulge out HAHA Stuff like that could go down, we just don’t know ya know…Hey ya never know how things will roll HA :wink: :sunny:

I would not do wine. Your vodka is the better choice and think SHOOTER. I did that for a while with my rum. Just a shot, darn near killed me but no mixer but now for me personally, I use the TINIEST bit of fake sf fruit punch cheap mixer with water and throw in alot of rum, that teeney bit takes that edge off the rum. Older I get less I drink so I don’t do this often.

AND your little bit of lime. It is OK. A squeeze of lime is not a meal, it is not a snack, it is considered a condiment, but that becomes a VERY personal choice then do ya want it or not in your drink or a squeeze over some fish filet? But you always make sure it never gives triggers to you ya know, anything we do with ‘our condiments’ to make life work for us on our meals, we must be sure we can easily live with it and we don’t get dragged off into carb crap land again by doing so.

just great chat about all this stuff and only way to know it is to try it and always learn thru it!! ZC treats us SO well but we must also know us while doing this plan!

(Kellyn ) #33

That would be so cool. I would love that. No plans to change my zero carb lifestyle. :smiley:

uh, not sure I can do a shooter, but glad to know lime would be ok. I will try it one night, but might just give up alcohol in general. I love the experimenting, so this will just be another one.

New Slaptember challenge for me: stay away from dairy :cheese:(I had some queso, and colby jack cheese yesterday and another eczema flare came with it) and stop drinking diet coke :cup_with_straw:.

diet coke was the last of the sweetener in diet. It does not trigger me, but I don’t need it.

you said it. healthy food equals a healthy internal balanced body which will then, thru time give us our natural healthy weight. Seems simple but might take a while to achieve LOL but us ZC people got it made in the shade when we hold plan!!

Mackerel spelling, too funny, cause some words get me like glucogensisis and others that just are a pain to even try to remember HA GNG so much easier :wink:

just say you ate ‘the Mack’ and we know :crazy_face:

Yup. A ZC person puts that wonderful heirloom over the top fancy orange in the category of ‘crap carb land food’ so to me that orange is nothing but chips, ice cream, pasta, candy bar and fries and more. I don’t see fruit as anything but sugar. Sugar is evil to the body.

Now old days when it was seasonal and our life was ‘eat to survive after we ate the food we hunted’, yea I get it LOL but NOW with our life as a sugar and chemical filled and pesticide toxin level in this world of our food supply, yea I would run of that sucker. But of course yours are super good and toxin free and delish, but look at that bad boy as for what it is truly…it is sugar. Pure friggin’ sugar and do you want in your body…an average orange is like 4 teaspoons of sugar. So put out 4 teaspoons of sugar in a small shot glass, when that craving hits say, do the sugar shot or eat an orange? both are the same LOL Puts it in a whole new light, perspective of it ya know.

eh, rambling on but everything we eat is sugar, key is does one know what amt of sugar is truly in that thing we want? when you know it is more crazy and higher than we do think.

hey this helped me get off stuff. You know that visual thought…shot with 4 teaspoons of sugar or that orange…they are the same…Hmmmm :wink: Helped me with mindset changes and stuff tho which was good.

so true and remember, say to yourself in a month you will take a sip of diet coke and I tell ya KP it will taste like chemical crap. Once off stuff we think is ‘wonderful’ we find our tastes show us the truth ya know…my beloved diet pepsi tastes like chemical sludge to me now LOL and heck I would never thought anyone could pull me off that stuff ever in my life. It was permanently fixed to me HA but never say never is so true for alot of us on zc.

(Elizabeth ) #36

I drink a scotch with club soda or bourbon on ice one or twice a month

(Kellyn ) #37

I’ve never had scotch or bourbon. I may try that sometime. Thank you, Elizabeth.

and this is where we do go as a zc person thru our journey.

KP whatwill suit one at what age or time in life and how we live, we MUST find the balance that works us at all times being zc and that is key…but me won’t be you and you won’t be me and anyone won’t be anyone LOL and I love this works for you and I do my tiny bit to work for me…moral of the story find a true zc alternative that works for you at all times, we did!!

(Kellyn ) #39

This is definitely a changing journey. I am on day 47 on my zero carb lifestyle. I started by cutting everything but meat and water. Pretty extreme, but I also wanted to slowly add some animal products back to see if they would effect me in anyway. After around 30 days I added back the diet coke and vodka once a week and added butter. A week later I added cheese and HWC and that’s when I discovered that dairy is a trigger for my eczema. Butter does not seem to effect me, thank God. I love butter. I did try eggs this past weekend, but also had cheese so I am not sure yet if it is an eczema trigger for me. I am back to cutting dairy as of today and will wait until my eczema clears again before trying eggs again. I am loving discovering what my body needs and what it does not.
Right now, I am mostly eating hamburger patties, steak, liver, and roast. The liver I am only having once a week. Hamburger patties are easy and cheap, but I really love steak and roast. I do have chicken wings once a week but only on my date night as me and my husband go to a wings place to play trivia. I realized that I can have soda water there which seems like more of a treat than just plain water. Also any place with a bar should have soda water, so that will definitely be my drink of choice unless I am feeling frisky and decide to add liquor to it.

Holy crap I never bother the hubby but he is moaning and groaning thru the last year and the weight gain and bathroom issues and SLUG azz tired and miserable changes and MY AZZ went in on him cause he said, I ain’t hungry but sick, I need to eat to feel better and I said let your entire system just leech and not eat but he said I have to eat to feel better and get this…big roll with peach cider soaked chicken breast he made a few days ago and had leftover, topped with sugar BBQ sauce and he is eating some Sun Chips on the side and I lit his azz up and right now, he is massive irked cause I said you are your mom with gonna be diabetic and not listen at all and get all her misery she endures and and and…then he gave me that look…LOL…where I had to shut the hell up. Haven’t gone off on him in a good while but this takes the cake ya know. When the other half is ‘never healthy’ anymore and we know food is what it is all about!!! and I have no doubt on this at all!!!

You know when…you hit the limit. But I shut up LOL

food for thought, maybe but doubt it.

So vented here on BS at home watching someone go down cause it is ALL about the sugar…omg UGH

and I am sick as heck about it and tired as heck on his ‘food related’ misery…geez help ya know, help your friggin’ self and I said in my parting statement and won’t say ANOTHER darn word about it…To thy own self to be…eh hell he won’t get it HAHA

ripping hair out and don’t give a sh** anymore but how does not one not give a furball on a loved one? OH the drama all over damn food and health. ICK