Sizzlin' September

Another warrior fast today. I have to work late tonight and I won’t be home until about 8:30, so this one will go past 24 hours. Usually when I get home late I don’t make a full meal, I usually have what we call a “meat meal.” It consists of . . . meat. I have a couple of ribeyes calling my name.

Today will be the last warrior fast for this week. Feeling great. I am pre-planning for October, I hope to integrate some mindfulness, some exercise, and other positive practices for my overall wellbeing.

September is on its way out and I feel like I have come up with a slump.
But, the good thing is, as I type this and think through it all, I believe I’m just in a waiting game of sorts.
The same 10 lbs that I have wanted to lose starts to go and then it creeps back up and won’t fall away.
My stress levels have surely increased due to a very big change that is about to come into my life ( good change, but also very serious and life-changing for my husband and me). Therefore cortisol has got to be at higher levels. Also, I haven’t felt the desire to “not eat” and haven’t had a full day of fasting for more than 2 weeks at least.
I’m hoping that as I continue to KCKO and keep the carbs and protein under control, I can just eat fat as needed or wanted and see some positive changes in October perhaps.
Meanwhile, I continue to have FBG of 100+ just about every morning and I do NOT want to give up my cheese, not now. Maybe sometime I will have the courage and discipline to attempt such a painful experiment though? I’ll keep it posted.
Good to see you all here. :bacon:

Hiya Darcy,

This IS going to be interesting! I give you points just for being willing to stop eating in the mid-afternoon. I was thinking that perhaps my higher FBG was also due to my eating at too late an hour as well. It’s hard when my husband is pulling out his popcorn and cheese, grapes and nuts, or what-have-you at 8 or 9 PM!

This drop in your FBG points looks encouraging :slight_smile:

(Doug) #145

Helewisa, yes - sometimes we just have to wait. It can seem boring and “long” yet the months go by fast… Whaddayagunnado?

So who is going to start the new topic for October? And do we have a clever name?

Ke-tober?

(Jim Russell) #147

I ended September with a spontaneous 3 day fast due to the flu. :frowning:

Eat bacon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and r-e-l-a-x!

Oh boy, sorry to hear that Jim. I hope you won’t be having any more of these impromptu fasts. Get well and I hope you’ll be recovering with some :bacon:

The jury is still out on whether this helped. I only had that one really good day, then I started the other days at 200+. I almost bailed on the plan, thinking of a loner fast because I wasn’t feeling well the first few days. But then I felt better and got interested in trying some Primal Edge recipes, so I kept going. My weight went a little down then up again. Not very exciting.

(Khara) #151

Helewisa,
I recently heard (I believe from Jason Fung) that we can’t yet easily measure cortisol. Maybe you already know this. I’ve had a ridiculously stressful year myself and some days I wish I could test it just as easily as glucose, just out of curiosity to see what certain situations are doing to me. Hopefully October is a nice transition into fall with a bit of calm added in now and then - for both of us!

Well, maybe no great big changes yet, but so much of what you/we are working on is a long-term healing of metabolic issues, so…
I’m hoping that you’ll find just the right WOE that gives you some happy and healthy changes sooner rather than later though.
Can you eat bacon? Bacon is exciting :wink:

Yes, the hormones surge and dissipate so quickly, I think this is part of why they are so difficult to really quantify with any accuracy?
I agree, let’s have some calm fall days and nights and…relax into the season! Here’s to less stress!

We went to the outlet mall today. Just dropped 500 bucks on new clothes; I haven’t had a 36 waist in about 20 years. It’s all good.

No bacon. I wish I could like it. But no. I ordered some of Dr. Axe’s bone broth powder and it arrived a couple weeks ago. I still haven’t tried it though. Now it will have to wait, starting a longer fast tomorrow with my husband (hoping for 5 days).

When water fasting, we are all vegetarian.

Checking in here. Is there an October thread like this one somewhere?

I was wondering that too.

Oh sheesh, I completely forgot your aversion to meat!
Fasting does even-up the playing field :wink:
How is the fast thus far? I still haven’t fasted for more than 22-24 hours in weeks. I am just too stressed right now, and so I eat when each day, but usually keep the 20:4 fast, so not too bad.

(Jim Russell) #159

I was just going to comment that anyone can make a thread, then go make one, but @ourtown already did. :smiley:

Thanks ourtown

This fast has gone pretty well so far, for me. (I won’t speak for @wi_engineer.) My weight went up a pound this morning, so that was non-exciting. My sugar also was up this morning, from 188 yesterday to 250 this morning. This afternoon it was down to 158. Generally, it’s been a busy but not stressful couple of days so far, so that helps.

I mentioned in another thread, I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and one of the things I plan to discuss is whether or not I should get a prescription for Victoza. I have been chewing on that idea for a while. I still am not entirely sure, but I am leaning toward doing it.

I hope that you are feeling well in spite of the stress. It’s great that you are keeping to the 20:4 IF!