Sizzlin' September

(Jim Russell) #121

Busted my fast at 87 hours. Feeling good.

(Liz ) #122

I’ll be curious to hear how it goes with stopping eating earlier in the day. I know a lot of folks do it that way. Like you I really enjoy my evening meal. But if you aren’t hungry it should “only” be a psychological challenge, which of course is still a challenge.

(Liz ) #123

Fantastic! So glad it went well for you. I’m going to let my next 3 day fast happen organically again.

Oh, I’m really interested to see how this turns out for you! Ever since you mentioned reading about this delayed stomach emptying and elevated FBG I was curious but have not done the experiment myself.
The love of eating a nice dinner is hard to ignore, but you sound as if you could easily find ways to stay busy at your home without sitting down to eat or feeling too left out :wink:

Nice ride Jim!
I think I’m going to need a 3 day fast very soon…Like maybe starting Monday. Keep y’all posted.

(Jim Russell) #126

I think that I will do the zornfast every month along with another shorter fast of 2 or 3 days. But I’m not much of a rigid schedule follower so I will continue to do what feels right. I will most likely continue the zorn fast though. This one was easy and I felt great.

Enjoy your fasts.

Liz and @Helewisa this guy has had good success skipping supper, apparently:

Thanks for the support and encouragement. In addition to the weight loss and body-fat loss, we both feel fantastic. I have noticed that when I am undisciplined and I slip out of ketosis, my mood goes straight to hell. When I’m on the warrior fast I feel like a million bucks.

Yes, I watched some of his videos last year, he’s super-fit. He and his family live in S. America, and he gets fresh spring water, they make some wonderful bone broth, I remember. Pretty interesting, and I like to hear different people’s experiments, successes and etc.

Alright, thought I’d update here briefly. I completed my 3 day egg fast yesterday. I was strict about following the rules and had less cheese than eggs, but was certain to have a T of butter or bacon nectar w/ each egg consumed. Otherwise, water and black coffee.

My FBG after the 1st 24 hrs was 104…then my BG ranged in the mid 90s for the remainder of the fast. The scale never moved. nada. So, I’m not sure that I’ll revisit the egg fast again any time soon, unless I find myself breaking the stall after the fast? Somehow I doubt it.

No worries though, on my way to break a 24 hr fast, dinner out with my sweet granddaughter :stuck_out_tongue:
I will KCKO

What an enviable life, so beautiful there, and a low-stress healthy lifestyle, wow.

I don’t know anything about egg fasts, but is it pretty close to eating keto? Or maybe an extremely low carb keto? Interesting.

I really learned about the egg fast here, on this forum. I did some web browsing as well after that, but found that it was started, I believe by Jimmy Moore. From what I read I think it was for defeating the high insulin levels and also for breaking weight loss stalls.

There are some threads here that you can check, but it’s a very KETO, plain and simple diet/fast.

It sounded like so many people had success with it, I had hoped for some personal miracle to pass on, but alas, not so.

Had a great break-fast tonight…fat ahoy! That’s probably why I’m stalled, Mwahahahaha!

Wife went to a wedding yesterday, she skipped the wedding cake. I am so proud. She was featured on local news recently in a piece on exercise and diet. The reporter kept trying to steer her toward “calories in calories out” but she held her ground on keto. I personally thought they would edit the interview to make it fit the party line but to my surprise they kept the keto comments in! I can try to find the link if you folks are interested. Wife works out every day. I on the other hand am lazy. Could be worse, I used to be fat and lazy.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #135

In the 1950’s, they used to believe exercise was bad for you. Works for me! :bacon:

Warrior fast today. Last meal about 5:00 p.m. yesterday: my very own lo-carb huevos rancheros. Eggs (duh), pepper jack, jalapenos, pico, sour cream, guac, salsa verde, chorizo. The quality of the sausage is important, imo, I get it from the meat counter at Fresh Market. No rice, beans, or tortillas. Everyone cleaned their plate.

(Doug) #137

:sunglasses: In Wisconsin, they know how to party.

Another warrior fast today. I also limit my coffee to between the hours of 5 a.m. and 7 a.m. During the work day I have water and green tea or oolong tea. This seems to work for me as I don’t get that afternoon crash from too much caffeine.

Yesterday I started my evening fasting routine. I am eating breakfast and lunch, trying to stop eating by 2 PM or so. Today I was interested to find my fasting bg was 196. It has been in the 230s-250s, so we’ll see if this starts a trend downward over the course of this week. It feels very odd having more than a cup of coffee with HWC for breakfast (today I had eggs, avocado and sour cream as well). I wasn’t really hungry at all, but yesterday I was delayed til later in the morning eating breakfast, and I really wasn’t hungry for lunch, but I ate around 2 PM anyway because I knew that would be my last chance for the day. I think it may take a bit to adjust to the new schedule and then my hunger cues will line up with the times I want to eat. We’ll see, N=1.

(KCKO, KCFO) #140

That sounds great but technically, huevos rancheros should include ranchero sauce and no meats. But again this sounds terrific and something I would love. I’ll call it huevos outtown :slight_smile: