Simplest possible fat snack

snack
breakfast

I thought trivia had 3 carbs per packet. I like trivia a lot but I was using 2 packets in my coffee so 6 grams first thing in the morning seemed like a lot.

Should be truvia but it was auto corrected.

(Denzel McClean) #124

Great info. Im going to start with hardboiled eggs too.

(Diane) #125

@Juliem Are you counting total cars or net carbs? My understanding is that the carbs from erythritol should be subtracted from total carbs just like fiber when calculating net carbs since they aren’t a digestible form of carbohydrate. Some calculators don’t do this (I use the Cronometer app and it doesn’t subtract these). Since Truvia has erythritol, this might account for the difference.

(Valerie Williams) #126

Diane you can get Cronometer.com to not count these carbs. I have mine set up that way!

(Diane) #127

Good to know. I’ll check this out.

Thanks!

(Cynthia ) #129

Some fatty snack suggestions:

Avocado
Hard salami
Bologna
Bacon
Full-fat cheese
Heavy cream (liquid whipping cream) in your coffee, poured over berries
Smoked salmon
Pepperoni slices
Fat bombs (bite-size homemade snacks, sweet or savory)

(Cynthia ) #130

LOVE moon cheese whenever im craving something salty and crunchy! Costco started selling it! Just a handful and I feel satisfied.

Thank you, I will also down load this app

(Diane) #132

Oh, I’m going to look for moon cheese the next time I’m there! I’ve heard others rave about it but it’s so expensive online.

Thanks!

(Diane) #133

I hope the app works well for you!

(Pete A) #134

Simplest possible fat snack is a spoonful of coconut oil!

Make a package of bacon at a time in the oven and keep in the fridge for ready to eat snacks. I keep bacon, hard cheeses cut into oz portions, pepperoni, broth in ready to go containers. Also having avocados in line for optimal ripening schedules, so I have one ready to eat every day, I have 1/2 in the morning with eggs or bacon and 1/2 in the afternoon or evening with salt and pepper. I eat it with a spoon like a pudding cup lol. Also marscarpone is a carb free cheese, you could spread it on the bacon mm!

(Jen) #136

Oh wow…That looks dangerous! I could eay WAAAAAY too much of that!

omg

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #138

Sorry I missed your question. I got sidetracked by life for a while. Sure, the lower level of carbs is better, but I just don’t like the taste.

(Cynthia ) #139

It’s amazing and has half the protein of their Parmesan Whisps.

(outlawpirate) #140

Edit: My sweet tolerance has seemed to subside after being Keto since July 2016. Therefore, I can’t handle stevia or any other sweetener in my coffee or tea anymore. So omit that from the “recipe” above if you don’t like sweet flavors in your coffee. I now add a dash of Cake Spice or Cinnamon instead. Mmmmmm! Pretty cool how staying away from sugar can change your taste preferences. I now find nuts sweet!

*Cake Spice is cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice or any combination of spices you would use in a traditional spice cake recipe.

(Lisa Maxey) #141

Dubliner cheese with olive oil and salt and pepper, royal Hawaiian macadamia nuts, and pork rinds with cream cheese mixed with ranch seasoning packet :wink:

(astrahsburg) #142

Here is another easy one I’ve been doing lately at work on the Foreman grill.

Slices of ham or roast beef or turkey seared on a Foreman grill or in a skillet or any such flat heat source. After you sear the first side and flip the slice over, put a bit of finely shredded cheese on top and let it melt a bit. after it starts to melt fold over into a taco shape and take off the grill.