Simplest possible fat snack

snack
breakfast

(Carol Orrell) #102

For boiled eggs, for easier peeling, instead steam the eggs for 15 minutes , dump in cold water, peel immediately. It will be a breeze.

(Ruth) #103

I was just coming here to post this. It’s actually not that much of a process. You just have to wait 48 hours to cook it. So, you cut any hard cheese into the smallest little squares you can, place them all on parchment paper, then wait 48 hours for it to completely dry, and bake it on 400 for about 4 minutes and it pops and because little pieces of crunchy awesomeness. I literally just did it and I am super pleased with the results. The smallest pieces are the most crunchy and delicious, so make sure you get those squares really small.

(Paige) #104

Hamburger protein style(no bun) for fast food or I buy salami and just munch on it. Soup from salad bar and throw butter in it if there is butter or pour olive oil in it from the dressing side of the salad bar.

I found some super thick bacon and I cut it into cubes and then fry it in big batches. I take those and put them into zip top bags in the fridge. They are a quick grab and go snack. They are also a great conversation starter when you pull them from your pocket and everyone around you starts smelling bacon…

My go-to is a packet of prosciutto or jamon Serrano (I buy them mainly at Lidl). The packet size is 80 or 100 grams, and has 1 gram of carbs/100g. I prefer to make a nice snacking plate with avocado (filled with a garlicy creme fraiche shrimp thing), olives, and nice little balls from that prosciutto, but if I don’t have time to be fancy, I just grab a packet of the ham and dive in. :hugs:

(Adam Smith) #107

If it’s a normal day I usually don’t need breakfast. However, when I need a quick boost I usually do one of 3 things: a small spoon of coconut oil, a small spoon of butter (we use a butter bell), or a few bites of whatever whipped cream cheesecake I’ve got made up. Right now that’s dark chocolate, but I’ve done vanilla and strawberry too.

Going to have to do the hardboiled egg thing, should’ve thought of that myself.

(Travis Lovering) #108

We usually buy Greek yougurt that has no added sugar only around 4g. Is there a reason this isn’t better? I am very new , this being my first question here lol.

(Daryl G Jackson ) #109

Armour potted meat is pretty good, one can pretend it’s foie gras, or use it as a dip or mix with cream cheese for a fat bomb or dip, 22 grams of fat, 10 grams of protein and 860 grams of sodium, 0 carbs. A perfect keto treat really. It’s really cheap with a pop top, spoon it out with a clean finger, it’s good!

(Richard I Houghton) #110

I also did not like the aftertaste of stevia but found Truvia and I like it very much. It has stevia and erythritol, a natural sugar that is not burned by the body and has no carbs. Truvia looks exactly like regular sugar and to me, it does not have the aftertaste of stevia. Its available in most grocery stores.

(Candy Lind) #111

Thanks for the reminder! I bought some pimientos to mix with cheese and keep forgetting to do it. I used to LOVE pimiento cheese sandwiches; now I can again, without cheating!

How about a can of sardines or some macadamia nuts?

(Daryl G Jackson ) #113

There are brands that are zero carb pimento cheese. Just look at the labels, probably the most local or natural brand will be zero carb. If one gets some 7 grain low carb bread from samisbakery.com and makes a butter grilled pimento cheese sandwich, its absolutely wonderful! Pimento cheese and pulled pork is a wonderful combination.

avocado and olive oil sounds awesome. Got to try that. Knowing me I’ll throw apple cider vinegar into it though. i’m like an oil and vinegar addict, always have been. Thank Heavens keto hasn’t asked me to drop the vinegar!

(astrahsburg) #115

This is a little more than a snack for me, but every few weeks a co-worker brings in a big container of homemade salsa out of fresh ingredients. I double checked with him to make sure he doesn’t add sugar. At work I have a small casserole dish, so I will spread a small layer of Kraft Mexican variety cheese on the bottom, then put a layer of salsa, then another layer of cheese, then a layer of peperoni, and finally a sprinkling of cheese on top. Then into the microwave for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes just to the point where the cheese starts to brown. It’s quite an amazing deep dish pizza like experience that takes less than 5 minutes total to make.

(David Bonanno) #116

Yes I do agree some of my co-workers look at me in Disgust. Because i add a lot of butter to my chicken and broccoli to get my fats up for the day.

(jay) #117

Hot, these are better than bacon! Yeah i said it , thats right …Better than Bacon!

Keto convenience food, more of a snack/meal since you can’t eat more than 4 to 5 before satiety. You can make them yourself but if your lucky enough to live on the gulf coast of louisiana u can find this favorite in local markets.

(Valerie Williams) #118

I make a crustless quiche which is good for 4 days. 6 eggs, 4 bacon, 1cup heavy cream, 1 cup grated Swiss, salt and pepper, nutmeg. Then I usually add mushrooms or spinach. Bake 350 for about a half hour. Do it night before and you have 4 delicious high fat brunches.

(Candy Lind) #119

That sounds wonder-licious! :drooling_face:

I like lamb bacon (thats a lamb version, rather fatty, and smoked) straight out of the packet, with almond butter. Just had that and loved it.

(Carol Orrell) #121

King Oscar brand sardines, especially the Mediterranean version are excellent.