Simplest possible fat snack

snack
breakfast

(astrahsburg) #143

Ok, this is now NEXT LEVEL STUFF. These things are so frigin good!

Salami, Jalepeno’s and Chedar.! These are getting rave reviews around the office right now.

I have been microwaving slices of chorizo or salami (90 secs for 4 slices)
til crisp and crunchy (if you place a square of kitchen roll paper above and below the chorizo, then it absorbs all the grease and there is no cleanup)
then I spread each ‘crisp’ with cream cheese.

Perfect little fat bombs, for when I fancy something but don’t want too much more protein.

The speed, convenience and lack of washing up are very, very appealing! lol

(Laurel Harrington) #145

I’m chuckling because my daughter and I had the opposite, opposite reaction - I love Stevia, she says it has a weird taste :smile:

(Laurel Harrington) #146

I :heart: pimento cheese

Ever try making your own pimento cheese? It’s super easy and way better than store bought.

(Laurel Harrington) #148

Yes! I grew up in Georgia where pimento cheese is more popular and my mom and I used to make it. This is one of those foods I loved as a kid but forgot about as an adult because of all fat fear :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah, South Carolinian here so I know what you mean.
I just now know to pass on the pecan pie and red velvet cake but dig right in on the good stuff. :smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #150

4 to 5?? Try six to ten. I live for pork rinds.

We bake 3-4 pounds of bacon one at a time in the oven. We keep this cooked bacon in a container in the fridge. I heat up 3-4 slices and put a tablespoon of cream cheese between the bacon and fold over for a quick snack. Or for part of my lunch. YUM

(Ally) #153

I’ve been using prepacked olives if I need a snack

(Garrett) #154

I buy cooked bacon from the food bar at Whole Foods. I think others are on to my trick because they are always running out of bacon and I have to ask them to restock the food bar. By weight it’s actually pretty cheap and you can get about a half a large baggie full for around six bucks.

For a quick snack/meal — heavy cream with organic cacao powder. I used to put Stevia in it but now I’m used to the taste and find the Stevia to be too sweet. If you pulse it in the magic bullet it will turn it into mousse. Or just drink as a shake.