Simplest possible fat snack

snack
breakfast

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #82

It’s often sold in stores as “Moon Cheese”. It’s rather expensive for the amount of cheese you get.

Here’s one of the commercial brands: https://www.mooncheese.com

(Daryl G Jackson ) #83

Thanks. I found parmesan cheese crisp near the salad dressings, not bad for$1.72, we eat them like potato chips in dip.

(Becky) #84

Updated update: Just read the link about the bacteria in yogurt eating the carbs, basically cutting them in half…so 11 grams becomes 5.5 grams per cup…but here is the truly good news…

The reason Greek yogurt has less carbs is because the whey has been strained out. I’m with you in that I find the taste of Greek yogurt too sour.

However, I’ve always served a lazy girls cheese cake by simply lining a colander with cheesecloth or paper towels, setting it in the sink and dumping the full 32 oz of plain, whole milk stony field yogurt in, covering it, and voila by morning most of the whey has drained, leaving a thick, still mild tasting yogurt!

Update: I went to the stony field website to see if I could find a local store, and it seems the double cream has the same amount of carbs as whole milk yogurt. I always had trouble not eating half of that lovely 32 oz container…sigh.

Ohhhh my gosh! Stony field whole milk yogurt used to remind me of ice cream! I can’t imagine what double cream tastes like! I want some! Which supermarket (hoping it’s a chain near me) did you find it?!?

(Jane Reed) #85

Re the original post…sliced cheese slathered with butter.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #86

It was at the Stop ‘n’ Shop near me in Shelton, Connecticut. And I have never seen it there again, even though the Stonyfield Web site lists that store as a seller. So I figure someone ordered it by mistake, the manager chewed him/her out, and they’ll never carry it again. That store is gradually cutting out all high-fat items. I can’t even get them to special-order fresh liver or kidneys, or pork rinds, or any kind of flour that doesn’t have wheat in it.

(Cristian Lopez) #87

Please stay off any bar,even quest.

pre pack bacon,boiled eggs,celery and ranch,cheese sticks,fat bombs,whey and heavy cream in a blender bottle,just stay off the bars

I cook bacon in the oven ahead of time then freeze it. I’ll occasionally grab a slice or 3 straight out of the freezer for a quick micro-meal. (I refuse to call bacon a snack, it’s in its own food group in my house)

(Becky) #89

Yikes, it’s unfortunate when the entire store drank the low fat koolaide! We are in the same region. I’m in the Bronx.

We have both stop and shop and shoprite. I’ve had great luck with the butchers at shoprite giving me beef and pork fat.

I’ve had fabulous, fresh chicken livers from Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk. Their butchers are very generous with giving fat. Once in a while I’ve lucked out when they were trimming some high-end beef and came home with not only free fat but enough attached meat for steak (pieces) and eggs.
They also have , imho, the best bacon, that often goes on sale for 2.99 a lb.

(Cristian Lopez) #90

our food pyramid would look like pan seared oven bacon on the bottom,pan seared till crisp in the middle,and frozen on the top

:laughing: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #92

My mother used to love shopping there, till Mr. Leonard went to jail for fraud. But it is a good store, and I’m glad to hear it’s still in operation. I might check it out, since I’m now living only half an hour away.

(Becky) #93

Ohhh, scandal! I’m so happy they have opened one closer to me in Yonkers.

I had stopped shopping there for years, but keto has brought me back.

They often put fresh chicken wings on sale @ 1.99 and ribeyes and this week they have chuck roast on sale. They trim the meat pretty close but the butcher is glad to give fat. When bacon goes on sale 2 for 5, I stock up! Lobster salad has helped me when I have a moment of feeling deprived. They also have a diet ginger ale made with sucralose.

(Shaunarae) #94

I’m curious too

(Lonnie Hedley) #95

I was scrolling to see if anybody just said butter before I posted it. I’ve been known to take a tablespoon when hunger strikes. Does it get any easier?

On am average day what is your menu?

(Amber Davidson) #97

Spam… Off brand none of the carb fillers.
Huge fat!!!
2 oz has 180 cal 140 from fat!!! (1g sugar)

It actually varies quite a bit. I have to cook for my kids, too, so I mix things up to keep them happy. I decided a few weeks or a month in that I could never stick to this if I kept a food log or paid too much attention to macros. I was driving myself nuts counting everything and looking up foods so I pretty much wing it.
Eggs are an absolute mainstay in my diet, as is bacon and country sausage. For meats, I get the fattiest cuts I can. I try to watch protein but I don’t obsess over it, I tend to have a bit more leeway with carbs so I’ll have whole fat yogurt sometimes with a little bit of blueberries but my main carb intake is leafy greens and incidental carbs.
Typically, I have BPC for breakfast and eat lunch as my first meal but this is not a rule. If I’m hungry when I get up then I eat, if not I skip it. It’s funny that after a few months I seem to be able to tell now when I’m actually hungry as opposed to just wanting to eat. My downfall is that if I’m up past 10pm I invariably end up snacking on something.
My approach does not and cannot work for everyone but it seems to work for me. I’m not trying to lose weight although I do like that I dropped a few pounds.

(Laura C) #99

I get up quite early each morning and start work at 6:30 am. I’m usually in bed around 7 or 8 so eating that late would definitely not work for me. I will definitely be trying this bulletproof coffee though and look forward to it. I just started the diet today so we will see how it goes but I am glad I found this forum for tons of support.

Dang, I was just at Aldi this morning for coffee. I forgot to look for this.

(Linda M Au) #101

I made this over the weekend and put it in fancy dessert dishes with a small strawberry on top so my husband would know it was a dessert. :slight_smile:

But I found it was a little bit too… meh… bitter? tangy? Can’t find the right word for it. But I want to keep making this (pretty darned easy and quick!), so what could I do to tweak it? More Splenda? I was thinking of adding a spritz of some of the sugar-free coffee syrups I have here. Or is that a big no-no?