Simplest possible fat snack

snack
breakfast

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #61

I hadn’t heard of double-cream yoghurt either, until I found a container of it (made by Stonyfield Farms) in the supermarket. The supermarket must have ordered it by accident, because the low- and no-fat yoghurt section is huge, and the whole-milk section is tiny. It was yummy!

(VLC.MD) #62

10g sugar per cup.
Is that better than regular yogurt ?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #63

Yeah, because the plain whole-milk variety is 11g, and the French Vanilla whole-milk flavor is around 14g, if I recall correctly. I don’t remember what the Greek variety comes in at, because it is really too strongly flavored for me.

(Emma Cohn) #64

I buy a 7.5 oz container of duck liver or chicken liver pate sometimes when I’m in a hurry. It’s delicious and satiating. If you don’t eat it all at once the layer of gelatin on top keeps it pretty fresh for a day or two. I use it like a meal replacement, so I don’t eat it all the time or it would get a little pricey. When I was just starting out with keto it was hard to skip a meal, but now I’ve found it’s easier just to wait until I get home to have some leftover meat and butter with veggies.

I am also new, and late to the reply party, but the frigo cheesehead string cheese sticks are 6gF and 6gP each. Also, pickles… a spear has like 1gC. The other day I also was eating as a snack some Hormel pepperoni with some baby swiss cheese. Also, I was looking at the package and ended up getting some and loving it, the Hormel microwave meals are relatively low in carbs and super easy to make. 5 minutes in the microwave and theres your dinner. I have about half a package of the beef tips with gravy and green beans with tons of butter and 2 pickle spears for dinner. So good! Someone mentioned the cheese chips from Costco, and I ate a whole bag of those one time I think! So good!

(Brian) #66

If you only eat half of a serving, it’s only half of the carbs. :slight_smile:
I can’t remember when I ate a whole cup of yogurt. That seems like an awful lot for me to eat at one sitting. But I do eat a little from time to time.

(Erin ) #67

Oh I’ll have to find it!

(Tim) #68

On the west coast, there’s a new company out of SF selling triple cream yogurt called Peak Yogurt (www.peakyogurt.com). At this point, it’s only available in California, Oregon, and Washington. I haven’t tried it yet but hope to get some soon.

(Marie Dantoni) #69

You might bake a package of bacon and boil some eggs to keep at hand. Skipping breakfast might also be an option if you want.

Cacao Nibs are a great snack if you like a dark chocolate type of flavor.

(Daryl G Jackson ) #71

One of my favorite snacks is a Sami’s Bakery low carb bagel. I just eat a half of one toasted or grilled with butter and sometimes cream cheese. A whole bagel has 13 grams of fat, 28 carbs, 24 fiber, so half is actually 2 net carbs, the fat and fiber keeps one full for quite some time. I keep them frozen and get out one at a time. The low carb bread is good also, 10 carbs 8 fiber, it’s a bit dense but makes a hellishly good grilled in butter sandwich!

(Doug) #72

Nice topic, Andarp. :slightly_smiling_face:

Right on, Vincent. That’s what came to mind for me when I read “Simplest possible fat snack” - a couple shots of olive oil.

(bwittner) #73

I eat one 1.75 oz bag of Planters salted peanuts (not dry roasted) which have 4 net carbs…that’s how I start my day…and its cheap…only US$1.09 for two bags.

(bwittner) #74

Where do you find Sami’s Bakery bagels?

(Patrick Fougere) #75

I love this but you should use Ghee rather than the butter. All fat and Way Way Way cheaper!. Adds a great nutty flavour too!

(Erin ) #76

I second this! I’ve been making 90 second bread and toasting it and then putting butter and cream cheese which is amazing but sometimes I don’t feel like cooking it lol
Miss me some bagels

(Daryl G Jackson ) #77

Samisbakery.com best and cheapest way to buy low carb bread and bagels. Don’t get the cinnamon bagels, not that good. However the bagel toasted with butter is better than any bagel I have ever eaten. And the low carb bread, kinda dense, however, eat it grilled with butter or mayo and there is no better sandwich in the universe! They have good rolls. I have been using these products when I was low carb to drop a few pounds, now I am keto and loving it!

(Daryl G Jackson ) #78

Oh yeah, remember eating potted meat (at least most of us poor people may)? I looked at the nutrition label on the can and it’s one serving, 22 grams of fat, 10 protein and 860 grams of sodium. Who knew it could be a perfect food for ANY diet? It’s delicious if you haven’t tried it.

(Madge Boldt) #79

I learned back in my low carb days that much of the milk sugar in plain yogurt is gobbled up by the bacteria. This site does a nice job of explaining why, although it does have annoying ads. https://allnaturalideas.com/eating-yogurt-low-carb-diet/

(Daryl G Jackson ) #80

Has any one tried this? It sounds like a real process to make. Cheese popcorn?