Simplest possible fat snack

snack
breakfast

(Vicki Stroud) #41

I made a low carb pizza at the beginning of the week, cheese, then eggs mixed with cream cheese, heavy cream, and some parm on top was the crust. I have been eating a half portion piece for breakfast cold with butter spread on top.

I had to learn by trial and error. Love to cook.

Olives-green or kalamata for the salt, almonds, string cheese or any cheese, pepperoni or salami slices, hard boiled eggs, pumpkin seeds, beef or turkey sticks or mix some together. Stores even have great keto premade snacks like string cheese or pepper jack wrapped in meat in the lunch meat area or even little olives, meat and cheese trays that I have seen at Wal-Mart.

(Jen ) #44

When I started I ate a fat bomb for breakfast. I’m not a breakfast person, really. THEN I found the BPC and got hooked on that instead, keeps me full until about 2 PM. (I drink it between 6-7 AM). I also drink tons of water (I did before this WOE), 2+ gallons a day, which can help curb hunger pangs.

I used to be a black coffee person; no sugar, creamer, anything. Twice this week I made my first cup black, tasted it… then dumped it into my mixing cup and made BPC. :smile:

What a bunch of great responses! Thank you all. For me I feel like mascarpone (thank you @betsy.rome) and avocado+olive oil (thank you @astronomovolao) are the most fitting and simple. Living in Sweden there are a lot of readily accessible snacks from e.g. Walmart that can’t be bought here as easily.

Also, I had my first poor-mans-BPC today - 200g coffee, 28g butter and a pinch of cinnamon. Haven’t had time to buy coconut oil yet. To my surprise it tasted great! Being a coffee-with-milk drinker all my adult life I was a bit sad over letting go of the milk, but the butter really is a nice replacement taste-wise.

Have you tied the Seasons brand skinless and boneless sardines? Not so strong tasting (to me anyway) without the skins. They’re my go to, I love to eat them in a salad with spinach or mixed greens and drizzle some avocado oil and ACV over it.

(VLC.MD) #48

Low Carb Cheesecake is a good fat snack.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/super-simple-low-carb-no-bake-cheesecake-184442#activity-feed

(jilliangordona) #49

I always keep a jar of olives in the fridge for a quick snack!

I used to keep a jar of olives on hand for martinis but now that I’m no longer living in fear of salt they’ve become a great snack. I even chopped up some for a salad last night.

(Vicki Stroud) #51

4 ounce jelly jars are the perfect size for this makes it into a very easy grab and go

(Daniel Crispin) #52

I made fat bombs for the first time last week. Made 6 of them and ate one a day for 6 days. This week I will make 2 different kinds, I found a lot of recipes and 2 of them look really yummy to me :wink:

So for me, I use them as a meal replacement, not a supplement to increase the fat percentage like people are suggesting. They contain about 120 calories, mostly fat. So as a meal replacement, they are amazing if you are trying to loose weight.

If you are curious about them check youtube and google. Should find several recipes.

(Dan Morrison) #53

I like bulletproof coffee, I use 1 TBLS of MCT and 2-3 TBSP of Cream. Starts my fats high, and keeps hunger and cravings low. Last week, this is all I had till I got home about 6pm. Oh, I did have coffee at work with MCT power at lunch.

This week I am going to do the same thing, but take an avocado for ,lunch.

At night, I usually have ribeye or fatty pork or chicken wings with salad or mixed vegetables.

(Rachel Rees) #54

This is my snacking plate but also my meal for tonight, I’m new so hoping its OK to recommend this

Obviously an avocado-boiled egg paste (just mash the mix) would do it, but I associate it to much with bread and breakfast to eat it right now!

Simplest possible? Probably a hard boiled egg.

(Daniel Crispin) #57

When I am on the go, I have 2 types of snacks:

Hygrade BBQ Sausage. 125 Calories and mostly fat and protein. Not the healthiest things since it’s processed meat but for the diet it works.

Atkins bars. Now these contain a form of sugar alcool that is supposed to spike the insulin level almost as bad ass sugar. I would have to test my blood sugar levels when I eat one to see if it true or not, and since I only eat them while I am working as a 5 mins meal replacement for my lunch… it’s pretty hard to do.

I have been trying to find Quest Hero bars here in Montreal but have not managed to do it yet. I could order them off Amazon.ca but they cost over 3.50$ each in a box… which is ridiculous when I compare the price I pay for any other meal bar (around 1$-1.50$ per bar).

I guess I could make my own, and when I am done with the current box I purchased I will probably try to do that.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #58

For me, the simplest possible fat snacks are (a) pork rinds (chicharrones), (b) whole-milk or double-cream yoghurt, or © buttered cheddar slices. Can’t get any simpler! :bacon:

(Clifton Whilby) #59

Looks good. Nice presentation.

(Erin ) #60

I never heard of double cream yogurt