snack
breakfast

(Darlene Horsley) #21

I will have to try that! Sounds good to me. Should we tell @barefootbob? Lol

I make my owm pimento cheese so I’ll be trying that soon. :yum:

(Darlene Horsley) #23

Who knew?!! We might be creating monsters with these pork rinds. :wink:

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

They are my go to chip. I used to eat tons of tortilla chips, not any more. Although I do still have a can of baby corn I want to try and make into chips. there is a recipe using those in our Recipes forum, by Fiorella I believe. I keep meaning to try it, but the pork rinds keep me so happy I haven’t tried the recipe yet.

My main snacks are hard boiled eggs and colby jack cheese sticks (by Sargento).

(Liz ) #26

I eat in various combinations: sardines in oil, tuna in oil, hard cheeses, pork rinds with butter, cold bacon, liverwurst, deviled eggs, and pepperoni.

cut an avogado in half, fill a half with olive oil, and use a spoon.

Pork rinds too, I forgot about those.

I have sardines too but they are really fishy, I like to mix them with mayo (like you would do with tuna), add a little chopped celery & black olives and make a lettuce leaf sandwich out of them.

(Suzi Smotrycz-Guilford) #29

the wholy guacamole is great dipped with bacon!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #30

I mix the sardines with tuna with the mayo and other goodies, for seafood salad. Goes way beyond a snack level food. 1 can sardines to 2 cans of tuna (5oz) feeds me and hubby very well at lunch.

(Darlene Horsley) #31

Those sound awesome!

A tablespoon of Kerrygold or duck fat.

(betsy.rome) #33

Since you like cottage cheese, try full-fat ricotta. Different brands have smoother or grittier textures. I like Stop & Shop house brand. Much lower carbs than cottage cheese. Or try mascarpone. Sprinkle of cinnamon mixed with a bit of Swerve or similar low-impact sweetener on top, yum.

(Keto Travels) #34

And for an extra luxury if you can get it, roasted pumpkin seed oil or walnut oil. Just as simple but gourmet level tasty!

(Keto Travels) #35

Oh that inspires me to make some pate again … smoked mackerel, butter, a bit of sour cream and lemon rind, salt and pepper … makecpate boats with celery or chicory leaves, or just eat straight up with a spoon. Keeps for a few days. Endless variations on the pate theme … salmon with capers, tuna in several variations, sardines with harissa to cover the fishyness … and here in Germany at least, low carb liverwurst is another easy to grab thing (making your own liver pate is a lot more work…) Foie Gras if it is a gourmet supermarket you are passing by. Oh I could go on … Fasting always brings out culinary creativity in me :wink:

(Sophie) #36

I’d love to have a decent pimento cheese recipe! Care to share?

I don’t really go by a recipe so much as ingredients to adjust as to desired taste and consistency. Here’s what I would use per batch:
·8oz sharp cheddar (can use mix of sharp/medium but I prefer extra sharp white)
·Tbl or so pimentos (jalepeños optional :smiley:)
·cream cheese
·Dukes

The last two adjust for desired consistency. I like mine a bit thick so I use more cream cheese and just enough Dukes to get it spreadable. Whip it up in the food processor and adjust as you go.

I actually cook a lot this way by feel, taste, and experience so often I don’t even measure stuff.

(Sophie) #38

This sounds really simple and would probably taste really good too. I’ll definitely give it a go! Thanks.

I think intuitive cooks are the best. Both my parents were like that and taught me the same.

(Consensus is Politics) #39

Just this afternoon I needed a snack. So I grabbed 4 strips of precooked bacon from my bacon cache, and 2 tblspoons of cream cheese. Split that cream cheese over the 4 bacon slices and it was awesome. My dog sat there licking his lips just waiting for me to drop one. He enjoyed licking the plate clean for me.

(Vicki Stroud) #40

Hard Boiled eggs while they are hot mix in some butter so it melts and put in a container.