September 2018 ZornFast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

NEW FAST STARTING THIS THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 20!!

I love fasting. I am looking forward to this one!

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

September’s Group Fast!
Starting THIS THURSDAY September 20th through Sunday September 23rd.
The Ketogenic Forums monthly group fast, ZornFast, always starts the third Thursday of the month and runs through the following Sunday.

This month’s group fast.

I started practicing monthly fasts February of 2016. I still gain great benefit.
Zornfasts are normally the third week of each month.
Join if you’d like, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water fast. (water/ black coffee & tea). The definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well. I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy. Fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book "The Obesity Code " is what started my venture into fasting nearly two years ago.
Because of the ketogenic diet I am no longer diabetic. Fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime. It has increased my insulin sensitivity.

(I want to you remind you guys to please use the blur spoiler if you want to talk about food. This is so the fasters can have a safe place to come and read and get support without having to think about or hear about food.
NEVER post photos of food in this topic or any fasting topic!
(Click on the little gear symbol in the text box of your post as you are writing, top right, and a menu pops up. Choose the blur spoiler.)

You may want to include this drink during your fast (or some version of it). I drink 2 bottles a day while fasting.

KetoAide homemade recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

It is very important that you check with your doctor before consuming Lite Salt, as it contains potassium. Do not over consume Lite Salt! I normally only drink two bottles of KetoAide a day and only add 1/4 teaspoon Lite Salt to each bottle. Do not supplement this with additional teaspoons of Lite Salt! That’s too much potassium! Again check with your physician before consuming Lite Salt. [image] [image] 290 mg sodium 350 mg potassium 75 mg magnesium

It is very important that you check with your doctor before consuming Lite Salt, as it contains potassium. Do not over consume Lite Salt! I normally only drink two bottles of KetoAide a day and only add 1/4 teaspoon Lite Salt to each bottle. Do not supplement this with additional teaspoons of Lite Salt! That’s too much potassium! Again check with your physician before consuming Lite Salt.
One 24 ounce bottle of KetoAide contains 290 mg sodium, 350 mg potassium and 75 mg magnesium

Do you know any of the tricks that can keep you from breaking your fast earlier than you would like? There are several. One is make sure you have your salt on point. Measure out a teaspoon and a half in the morning (this equals 3450 mg of sodium) and take pinches throughout the day. Make sure you hydrate. KetoAide has helped quite a few people. Try not to watch movies or TV that have food commercials. Try not to go into stores or smell food if you can help it. If your stomach growls drink sparkling carbonated water, this helps a lot. And one more thing… caffeine can suppress appetite. Use coffee or tea. Green tea has special properties, it contains a component called catechins that actually suppress ghrelin, the hunger hormone. Use one or all of these strategies and you should be able to fast longer. Remember, fasting is more psychological than anything else.

Group fast starting this week
(TJ Borden) #2

So ready for this. I skipped August because it fell over my wife’s and my 15th anniversary and we spent it in Vegas…yeah… that wasn’t pretty. One CAN keto in Vegas… I did not.

Same here. I only got to fast a couple days in the past few weeks, so also looking forward to it. … Happy 15th BTW, @Baytowvin

What happens in Vegas…stays in Vegas :wink:

(Hoby Bradfield) #5

I was planning a 4 day fast starting Monday… looks like I may push that back a couple of days…

(Susan) #6

I am on day 4 of a water fast. Felt pretty crappy the last two days till i called in sick for tonight. Stress relieved… headache gone. No hunger whatsoever, but I doubt I will last till Thursday, I guess I will have to wait for October Zornfast.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #7

I’m in, but I’m starting tomorrow (Monday 17th). I need to fast of some extra food from a Keto picnic on Saturday. (All keto but ate past satiety.)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

I’m still full. Lol

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #9

The official fast doesn’t start til Thursday, but you can start early. I’m starting now too.

6th week keto and joining in for my first extended fast!

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Love the monthly group fast, I’m in. Going to start after dinner on Wed. and go through Sunday, whenever. I will be doing some broth, tea/coffee along the way.

A reminder, you can do any fast protocol you want, this is for the love and support from the fasting family. If you need to add some broth, do it. If you need to add some fat, do that, if you want autophagy, drink that water. If you need to eat a meal or two along the way and fast on afterwards, it is all good. You do you. All forms of fasting are beneficial, so just do it.

A tip, fasting is a good time to read that book you never have time for, or clean out your closet to get rid of clothes that no longer fit, or go for that 2 hr. walk you never can fit into your schedule. Not eating and shopping gives you time to do those extra things and they take your mind off of food. Enjoy your new found freedom.

KCFO

(Teresa (turtle)) #12

Yup, I started last night after over-indulging over the weekend…

This will be my first fast longer than 22 hours. Love the support of this forum.

(Mike Glasbrener) #14

I love the support in this group! I started today and will finish Thurs. morning.

I’m trying a new routine till I get to maintenance. Fast 3 days feast 4. So Mon. - Wed. I don’t eat. Thurs. - Sun. I eat well. So far so good. It’s amazing that the more you fast the more in tune with true hunger signals you become and the easier fasting becomes.

EDIT:
I refuse, at this time, to give up the cream in my morning coffee…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

Hugs and kisses to YOU!

You are a sweetheart for posting this.
My sentiments exactly.
Thankyou.

(Teresa (turtle)) #16

Currently in hour 36 and hoping to go until, at minimum, Wednesday evening but preferably sometime on Thursday.

(Tara) #17

I’m in! I took a summer break from Keto. But I am back now! I’ve only been in ketosis for about a week or so. Already feels so much better. I think a good long fast will help get rid of the 6 lbs I gained on summer break.
Happy fasting people!

(Omar) #18

I am thinking about joining

Just about 21 hrs. in presently, but still not sure how far I will take this one. Might just do the rest of the week, maybe Friday night or Saturday?

(gmoehlenhoff) #20

44 hours in here. Going till sometime Saturday, 6 days ish.