Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

conversationstarters
fasting

I’m getting those too, and am also fine with it.

Good luck with finding a house mate!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #62

Thanks. :heart: Finding one is quite the ride :joy:

I am more than most average Swiss people can handle, I think :rofl:
Jumping around, always up and going. Doing crazy projects, talking all the time… Fasting doesn’t make it any easier to be around me :rofl:

(Allie) #63

I hope you find someone nice who fits well with your lifestyle :heart:

I’m still happily just on IF and feeling great.

(Clint Phelps) #64

36 hours in as I wake up. Had a LOT of hunger last night but I just went to sleep lol. Best way to avoid the pangs.

At about hour 85 and feel ok but the rough sleep is really getting to me. I woke up around 4:30 and finally gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up at 5:30 (normal for some folks, I’m sure, but a good hour earlier than I wanted, so I think I just got 5 or 6 hours of sleep). I would love to figure out the sleeping question on fasting; it’s my only issue, and it feels like a serious one. I’m fine with the idea of hormetic stress, but this feels like an overload of cortisol, which is not something I personally need any more of…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #66

Finally broke the vicious cycle…

I am really going mad here on my desk. I seriously want to get up and MOOOOVE
66h… less than 5h of sleep… and I want to jump, run, dance and I feel as if I am typing 1000 characters a minute… :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

I missed that feeling so much…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #67

do you feel fatigued and tired at all?

(Jane) #68

18 hours in and feeling slight hunger twinges. Having some salt in my coffee and going to stay busy as I know it goes away. No cravings.

KCFO

Well, I felt pretty groggy this morning, and definitely not well rested! I don’t really care how many hours it works out to if I get enough sleep, but based on how I felt in the morning this was not enough.
However, I’m holding up really well during the day, and this is a particularly intense work week for me, so I guess that’s good!

At about 90 hours and feeling pretty good despite a rough night.

Maybe it’s the fat I’m supplementing with, but I feel distinctly warm during this fast. I have a few cues to stop my fasts (which are max five days just to fit with my family schedule): getting really dizzy when I stand up; my husband telling me I look pale; extreme fatigue or cold.
I’m closing in on four full days and none of that has happened this time, which is kind of neat!

Planning a nice meal with my family tonight (one bonus of waking up too early was that I had a very early start on making dinner, and had a beautiful stew in the oven by 6:30 am!), then a few days of feasting, then maybe a few OMADs.

So it is my managers birthday today. We had a little get together with yum yums. I am fasting so I didn’t eat anything. Every single person felt the need to ask if I’m having something or why I’m not eating any of the carb/sugar laden foods. Anyways I made it through! Feeling really good but I’m only 18 hours in. Tomorrow will be the real test.

(Hoby Bradfield) #72

I planned to do a 48 hour fast next week, but I listened to a bunch of The Obesity Code podcasts, and just decided to jump in to a 48 hour fast today. Am at 24 hours, stomach is growling, but I’m not really hungry and certainly not ravenous. I wanted to do a water fast, but I am going to drink some bone broth in a bit and see if it quiets the stomach… and some mineral water as well since this is my first fast longer than 24 hours…

Well, I was going to continue fasting, but only did 24hr., since the wife made a roast with butter fried mushrooms and not for her, so I decided to eat tonight. I can always restart after tonight. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear everyone else rolling along nicely!

(Edith) #74

Just finished dinner and starting my second and final 24 hour fast for the week. I’m pretty full from dinner so I’m thinking it will hang in for a while. :yum:

(Jane) #75

25 hours and hunger dissipated as I expected. No real goal this time, except will need to break it before I fly home on Friday so could break it Friday lunch. I won’t have time to grab dinner before my flight… which used to bother me but now it’s like eh… no biggie!

I am onboarding a young kid and he started asking me what time I took lunch (right before 11 am) and I knew he was getting hungry. I didn’t tell him I was fasting but I did tell him I wasn’t eating lunch and his jaw dropped. A thin, 27-yo young man cannot fathom skipping a meal!!! I laughed and said we could break anytime he was ready for lunch. I don’t think we made it another 10 minutes LOL!

(Jane) #76

Good luck - you can do this!

So I made 24 hours and I wanted to eat. I wasn’t overly hungry but I just didn’t feel like pushing through. I think about eating the whole time I am fasting. Ugh. This fasting thing is a total mental thing for me.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #78

83h. Not bad for what I wanted to be a 36h fast…
I was a tad hyperactive yesterday, which made for a horrible driving lesson. Today I plan on hitting pilates after work. Maybe that helps with the excess energy… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #79

did you sleep better tonight, or at least feel better rested?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #80

88 suuuper fatigued… don’t know if i should try to ride it out and go take a nap first thing I get home or if I should break the fast :thinking:

Pilates will fall flat one way or the other… :expressionless: