Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

conversationstarters
fasting

(Carpe salata!) #301

Thanks Mic. I think it got lost under the whiteout on my screen.

(Running from stupidity) #302

Excellent!

(Barbara) #303

When does Oct Fast startā€¦ also whatā€™s the normā€¦ Wednesday till Sunday last meal Tuesday eve ?

(Running from stupidity) #304

Whenever I want it to! (Well, as long as thatā€™s Oct 1 to 31 :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #305

If you mean the monthly Zornfast, it is the 3 week of each month (some holidays might throw it off). Thursday to Sunday. Many start after dinner on Wed. and go through as late as possible on Sunday. Many start well before or finish up later depending on social or business obligations. It is all good, it is fasting.

The main thing is the comradeship. No rules except donā€™t post food or pictures of food. Blur out mentions of food, put the pics on another thread.

(KCKO, KCFO) #306

Well I completed my 36 hr fast at 42.25 hrs. Just wasnā€™t hungry at lunch time today. So went a few more hours. It is always good to fast when it isnā€™t a hardship. I already came off the bounce yesterday. So Iā€™m a happy camper again.

Iā€™m planning on cooking a rabbit stew tomorrow. I found a cool butcher shop where I can get some great keto goodies, including rabbit and other wild game along with grass fed beef. And they have a wonderful array of salts, I am loving the smoked one.

(MelissaH) #307

Anyone experience rapid heart rate while fasting? Itā€™s been happening to me the past few eveningsā€¦

Occasionally, but for me is usually an electrolyte thing. Some good thoughts here:

(MelissaH) #309

Thanks @Gaff! Iā€™m over it. I had heart surgery when i was 18(SVT, nothing serious) but itā€™s still alarming.

(Running from stupidity) #310

So, since I did my EF, energy levels have been through the floor. I suspect I havenā€™t been eating enough since then, because not hungry and wife away, so easy to skip meals. Not a drama, just noting it.

(Carpe salata!) #311

I did EF over the weekdays last week and since have been eating a lot but not feeling that hungry. I made a bone broth and donā€™t have anywhere to keep it so Iā€™ll have to finish it off tomorrow. And avocado, a steak, veg, some cheeseā€¦ this re-feeding thing is hard work.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #312

reaching 12h trying to go for 48 -72 h againā€¦ however far my body will take me.

(Running from stupidity) #313

Someone in another thread mentioned their breathalyser, and that reminded me to find mine and give it a huff. Before last weekā€™s EF I consistently blew in the 80s or 90s. While fasting I blew up to 120, and today Iā€™m still over 100. Interesting. (Probably not actually important, but interesting.)

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #314

Dont think anyone opened one just yetā€¦ so here ya go:

(KCKO, KCFO) #315

Thanks for kicking this month off for us.

Iā€™m just planning a 36 hr. fast starting Wed. after dinner. I want to try doing just water this time. I usually go ahead and have coffee/hwc on Thurs. mornings. I like to do Wed night to whenever fasts.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #316

Just finished 66 hours. I had a bad cold for most of itā€¦ so it was kind of nice not cooking since I didnā€™t feel like it anyway.

(Allie) #317

@Ruina we are all on the October thread now :heart:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #318

Oops! I thought thatā€™s the one I commented on. Maybe I could check my temp againā€¦