October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #1

New month, new thread …

Happy Fasting!

Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME
Intermittent Fasting on keto
Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?
Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME
(Carpe salata!) #2

Thanks for the thread Claudia, you’re a champ :ok_hand:

I might just need it later in the month.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #3

34h. full of energy though i slept poorly…

looking forward to working out this evening, the extra energy is driving me crazy at my deskjob.

My weight is inching down slowly, but the body feeling I am getting is rising disproportionally.
I feel radiant, sexy, invincible and fun… that is worth soo much more than that number on the scale… I keep attracting amazing people into my life and the toxic ones actually stay clear of me on their own…
NSV all the way… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: love the keto and fasting lifestyle

I managed to stay on a “Monday weight” of under 100 kg for the first time in over half a year… (and that even though i had a bit more booze that planned last weekend) :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

(Allie) #4

:grinning:
Amazing Claudia :heart:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #5

Hope you are doing well too and your arm is better?

(Allie) #6

My arm is rather colorful with interesting bruising, and so is my right knee now as I had to separate two geese yesterday that had got locked together while fighting. The poor birds panicked and were spinning round and round in an absolute frenzy so I had to help, but got wing bashed again in the process :roll_eyes:

I hope your fantastic feeling and progress continues :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #7

Oh noooo :scream:

Get better! I really hope those birds start to chill out soon :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

(Mark Rhodes) #8

As posted elsewhere I have been dealing with weight gain from nicotine cessation. After 10 successful weeks of no nicotine and strict keto ( keto for 22 months now) I have finally gotten my BG and my βHB back into more normal ranges for me. As such I am doing a 5 day fast.

Currently at my 43rd hour. I am really tracking as much as possible as I am truly interested in getting the lipolysis back on track after losing my insulin sensitivity created by the excessive nicotine.

Date Time BG mmol βHB BRace GKI Brace GKI GKI DUO HR fasted Weight
10/1/2018 7:00 AM 5.20 0.60 20.40 8.67 4.59 10.96 19:09:00 221.00
11:00 AM 4.6 1.9 24 2.42 3.45 4.15 23:00:00
3:00 PM 5.1 1.6 22 3.19 4.17 5.27 27:00:00
8:00 PM 5.6 1.6 3.50 #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 32:00:00
10/1/2018 AVERAGE 5.13 1.43 22.13 4.44 4.07 6.79
10/2/2018 7:00 AM 4.2 2.3 41.2 1.83 1.84 2.74 43:00:00 218.2

BRace being acetone measured by Ketonix. DUO GKI is just a ratio I created to track both blood GKI and Breath GKI as a single ratio. Not sure it has any use as of yet.

I gained 12 pounds of adipose since July. Now I am going after those pounds with fasting.

KCKO!!

(back and doublin' down) #9

A most amazing NSV! Congratulations! Hadn’t considered going keto as a healthy boundary against toxicity, yet you’ve made me take a second look at those in my life that are a bit more distant these days. Hmmmmm!

This piece of your life always brings a smile! I hope you are feeling better. What an interesting service to our feathered friends who always seem so peaceful at the park.

Thanks for the thread, you guys are my favs and this thread feels like home here ~ I just keep IF’ing and thinking of a long 5+ day fast. Maybe just not buy anymore fresh food and when the frig is empty, do the fast thing.

In the spirit of all the marketing I’m seeing, Happy Fastober!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #10

I just find the clear mind helps me dig through my shit and work on things.
It taught me to see more in myself than my size. It has helped my confidence and self-love and taught me how to set healthy boundaries and that does make all the difference…

The stable moods and hormones sure help too…

I really love this community and this thread, you guys are so amazing! :heart_eyes:

(Allie) #11

This is exactly what I’m doing at the moment too Susan :heart:

(Carpe salata!) #12

Me2. I felt great on my 5-day water fast last week. Might go at it again next week and treat this week as a refeed.

It’s funny with OMAD, you really look forward to the evening meal like you might have looked forward to some super colossal junk fest. But with no sugar crash.

(What The Fast?!) #13

Hi all. I’m 39 hours into an open-ended fast and am wondering if anyone else has these issues…

1. super low energy
  2. my legs feel like they weigh a thousand pounds, going up and down the stairs is a nightmare
  3. low motivation to do anything but binge Netflix

This happens every time I fast - have been keto almost 2 years and while I’ve done many extended fasts, this seems to always be the case. I’m going to down a bunch of salt and potassium to see if it helps, but let me know if anyone else gets this - ESPECIALLY the heavy legs. I’m taking a few days off working out while I fast to see if that helps.

Sidebar: no health issues (aside from stubborn weight loss and jacked up lady hormones), T2D, insulin resistance, metabolic damage, etc.
BG was 64 when I checked it just now.

(Mark Rhodes) #14

Maybe you just want to watch Netflix and need an excuse?

(What The Fast?!) #15

HA! No I have a ton of work to do actually! I work from home and need to be able to focus.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

I’m just planning a 36 hr. fast starting Wed. after dinner. I want to try doing just water this time. I usually go ahead and have coffee/hwc on Thurs. mornings. I like to do Wed night to whenever fasts.

(Liz ) #17

Hey friends, looking for another chance to slip in a 48 hour fast but not seeing a good spot on the calendar yet. I wish my life was less complicated and that I had more autonomy but I’m a caregiver now and it is what it is. Luckily everyone I take care of is Keto! So I’m the cook, and they would not blink at all if I skipped a meal. BUT also I’m eating for comfort right now, I acknowledge that. If I was in a less stressful situation I would be able to fast weekly again like I was all year until spring. In the meantime my weight is creeping up (no changes except stress, so cortisol??) and I’m desperate to put a halt to it. Going to have to white knuckle missing a dinner LOL. It’s not that I get so hungry, it’s that i really miss FOOD and the camaraderie of sitting down to a meal. Oh well! It’s only like, a half hour out of a day and always worth it. I’ll fit a fast in.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #18

I totally know what you mean.
I do my magnesium potassium concoction, take salt, and I personally find it easiest if I do a cardio workout on day 1 of my fast. (it feels like it depletes the glycogen faster and I can tap into my fatstores faster)

It gets easier though…

(Running from stupidity) #19

I hit that 80 or so hours in last week and pulled the pin on it as a result. Still had the symptoms for a few days, wasn’t expecting that.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #20

Had to stop my fast at 45 hrs… Spontaneous date night, she was hangry :rofl:… Oh well :sweat_smile:
So dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow, then try to fit in another 48 hrs…