Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

conversationstarters
fasting

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #221

Not even alcohol does the trick anymore if I stick to sugarfree (dry prosecco)
I went to bed at 5am, 9.30am I am awake, like clockwork) even after dancing all night long… My brain wants to sleep, my body “nope nope nope sista, you got to get up and running I won’t let ya”

Still, I prefer a few hours of brain dead zombie mode to being caught in my own lethargic body anytime :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

(Allie) #222

@Hardrock_keto_chick I can’t nap either, even on the rare occasion that I’m really sick and can’t get out of bed, I’m always awake.

Called it at 84 hours. It was a lovely 3 and a half day fast, and I’m looking forward to the next one in late Oct. In the meantime I’ll be doing a 40hour fast 2x/week and will check into this thread often to see how everyone’s doing!

Am I ready for a water fast?
(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #224

52 depending on what my date Sais I’m going to end it tonight or go on…

Update, date has a sandwich on the go, so I am ready to keep going :rofl:

My extended fasting has become such an overwhelmingly positive experience for me, that I look forward to it …maybe even crave it in an unhealthy way? Is that even possible???

It isn’t the not eating itself that I crave. I LOVE the way it makes me feel … after maybe… oh… 40ish hours.

I know it’s going to happen…

I’m ready for it…

Here it comes…

Ahhhhhh!

And it’s become very like a Pavlovian response to me.

But dang. Im aready thin. I’m not worried about Anexoria or other unhealthy food related mental issues… but maybe I should be??

The incessant optimism is the most pronounced effect for me, but I also have the mental clarity, some increase in energy, freedom from meal planning (and cleaning up)… I get it all. Always have.

Lucky for me!

THINNESS (as opposed to fasting) can be an addiction though. Oh yeah. When it crosses THAT line, the victim is usually unaware.

Yep, just where mine is as well. And yeah, I may just see how I feel as well, but would like to have it looked at. Even though I told some doctors the first year I noticed it, but was told ‘Nah, I don’t think it’s a hernia, I appears to be more like muscle bunching?’ When I asked if that was a proper term, she said no, it’s just what I call it. :woozy_face:

I just thought never mind, I’ll just keep an eye on it myself. Plus, I too wanted to drop some more weight before going to have it looked at. Presently over 60 lbs. down from 320. And especially since it’s really more of a nuisance presently.

Just over 17 hrs. in, and the only downfall is whilst fasting, I don’t get hungry, or even want to eat. But for some reason, I keep getting more recipe ideas in my head, that I really want to try! :smile: But have to wait till I’m done. … Oh well, makes for nice weekend meals when there’s more time to prepare anyhow.

(Running from stupidity) #227

60 hours in, will see how today goes. Should be able to keep decently busy today, so that should help.

Don’t feel any different, TBH. Just kinda like this is a thing I’m doing.

Probably could have done without my wife describing, in detail, the rib-eye she had for dinner last night at the pub while traveling for work. Seriously, though, it was fine. Given I was kinda hungry at that point, it had zero effect :slight_smile:

I have a rump steak in the sous vide so that when I’m ready to quit I can have a little something to eat and then a couple of hours later do the steak. Gotta love sous vide, it can sit there for another day or two and be fine.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #228

69 h, nasty hunger pangs and stomach roaring right now.

lets see if it passes in half an hour, otherwise I might break the fast tonight.

(Carpe salata!) #229

Started after Sunday dinner so that’s nearly 72 hrs and heading for another 2 days. Just water. Been feeling good this time around. No headaches like last time, I’ve been drinking more water. What I like is that movement is much more free and painless. No hunger, just an annoyed feeling at mealtimes that I won’t. E eating. It really shines out that emotional eating is a thing. Llike, if I ate I would feel happy. But it’s easy to put that to one side and get interested in something else. I don’t mind that much if people are eating around me.

Also, I hit lowest weight for many years 97.8. I was stalled at ~100kg for over a year and KCKO ecause it felt good. It was my ‘Finneyweight’ from 130.

Now with the new tool of fasting, I might lose the last 15. Aiming for 95 now.

Just about 36 hrs now. Getting the grumbling tummy sounds, which is my indicator that the empty feeling will be soon to follow. :slight_smile: … Then of course, the surge of energy that has started to show itself, making me feel like I can’t sit still! - Usually the foot tapping and/or hands/finger tapping starts first.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #231

Wow… hunger is gone but mood is sooo low… so tired…

I will break my fast when I get home should i not get over the hump by then (at about 76hrs…

You could always try sipping on some hot tea to see if it helps?

I usually do water only fasting, but occasionally will drink an Iced Tea, or even hot tea just for a change. … But for some reason, hot tea seems to be good in helping you feel better. … Just a thought. :slight_smile:.

(Allie) #233

Send me some! :joy: I have, just once, got to day four and suddenly felt amazing, but the first three days are always difficult and, as I said, that amazing feeling has only happened once…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #234

Drinking tea all morning basically. did not help unfortunately… I could not sleep long enough, I can go one or two days with less sleep but after day three it always starts to cause a mini depression :see_no_evil:

lets see how I do this afternoon…
If I need to break I’ll go on with OMAD for the rest of the week and try again next week…

(Allie) #235

Sleep is such a massive influencer. I cope much better with poor sleep now than I used to, but I try my best to stick to a structured evening routine in order to maximise sleep quality as much as I can. Even on weekends I’m normally asleep by 9pm.

Yeah, it usually starts to show for me when coming up on day 2, at least as far as feeling over-caffeinated. Which is odd, since I don’t do caffeine basically. I just feel a little wound-up and that’s when I usually notice the foot tapping and finger tapping. :slight_smile:

Wish I could bottle it up though! Could make a killing. … Guess it could be called Keto-Juice? :smile:

@Hardrock_keto_chick Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it gets better, but your correct if it doesn’t feel like it’s going well, definitely get something to eat. I keep telling myself the same thing, but so far I can’t recall feeling much more then maybe a little tired, but it doesn’t seem to take long to pass. Think I’ve just been lucky so far. :slight_smile:

(Central Florida Bob ) #237

Yeah, I’m another one with a hernia there - an umbilical hernia. I showed it to my doc and he said, “oh, you’ve got an umbilical hernia” then went on to say that they ordinarily don’t need to be repaired unless they interfere with your life. He said to be careful with sit-ups and core exercises; gentle lean backs are better than sit-ups. And he said worst case is they can strangulate, in which case you’ll get horribly sick and it’s a medical emergency, but in over 30 years of practice he’d never seen that once.

(Liz ) #238

I don’t always get that fasted energy but this last time I did and 2 hours later there was a pretty large shrub pruned and a bunch of weeds pulled lol! Good for productivity.

@CFLBob

And he said worst case is they can strangulate, in which case you’ll get horribly sick and it’s a medical emergency, but in over 30 years of practice he’d never seen that once.

Mine requires some attention in that area, but I can always feel it, and go deal the issue. I’m MOST DEFINITELY a candidate for Strangulation or as I’ve heard it “Incarceration.” Oh man!

But I’m on it.

I’m ready for another Fast 48 even though I probably will wait a few days. I need to stay POP (Perfectly On Plan) for a few days before I indulge in another Extended Fast.

My planned Maintenance WOE is currently 20-4 Intermittent Fasting, while @ 30g (or less) net carbs and monitoring calories–targeting 1700 per day for now. I Extended Fast often, but up til now, I’ve viewed it as a safety net of sorts…for when I’ve had an indiscretion or an out and out cheat. I’m higher on protein than a classical KETO ratio might dictate, probably 60 Fat, 30 Protein and 10 percent Carbs most days.

That may well be too few calories.

WE SHALL SEE…

(MelissaH) #240

I started my first fast today, does the salt on the tongue really work? I’m feeling grumpy(normal)? I don’t normally eat my first meal until 1-2pm thanks!