Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

conversationstarters
fasting

Might try that one out as well. … So far, I’ve found that both eggs and nuts are both no-no’s for me for breaking, but been trying to do a small spinach salad first, which seems to be working ok. But always looking for any good ideas and I like the idea of the sour kraut encouraging good gut flora, as well as the olives which I do enjoy. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #202

Me too, I just hate the reality of it…

I actually just tried Sour Kraut for the first time last year, even though my Mom used to eat it all the time.

You need to try kraut on brats. That’s the shiz.

(Running from stupidity) #205

No, I never need to go near it again, THAT’S the shiz.

(Carpe salata!) #206

Planning a 5-day water fast next week. Done twice before and hope I feel as good on it. Just water and probably some salt.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #207

Soooo. I am back from staycation. OMAD worked perfectly on most days, but now I am ready to go back to my weekly EF.
Hitting 20h right now, a bit tired.

Planning on going at least 48h but then extending to whatever my body sees fit.

At 72 hours and feeling good. I’m supplementing with some fat and with salt. I want to start to wean myself off of the fat but these last few months my fasts have been so great that I don’t want to mess with them! Heavy work schedule, intense exercise… all fine. This is so cool :sunglasses:

(Running from stupidity) #209

So, 40 hours in. Fine apart from really cold hands and feet. (It’s cold here today and yesterday, but not THAT cold.)

Drinking my ketoade to get the electrolytes in. That and water.

No set finish time, I’ll just see how it goes. Was kinda hungry last night but just ignored it.

Well, I only got to 74 hrs. last week, when I had to break for other reasons… so after eating for a few days, I’m back to fasting as of a couple hours ago. If all goes well, I will probably take it through the rest of the week.

(Allie) #211

“Only” ?
I’m sticking with IF at the moment as I can’t face anything longer with the horrible cold feeling I get… more EF next summer maybe :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #212

Slack bastard.

I’m currently at 47 hours, and having a bit of a talk to myself about how the first 48 is the worst bit, so ignore that pretend hunger feeling and push on.

(Running from stupidity) #213

Heh, Cronometer keeps emailing me to remind me to log my meals :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #214

Haha :joy:
48 feeling fine.
Woke up at 3 am tough. Wide awake after 3.5h.
My alarm usually goes off at 5.30
Anyone else experiences this?

:smile: @Shortstuff @juice … nah, I just meant I wanted to go further, but ended up having to stop. I actually like when I get the empty feeling and energy boost feel, and to be honest, it also helps with the hernia I have. Seems to take the pressure off it which I find useful.

I need to get it taken care of here soon, but I’ve had it for maybe 6 to 8 years now. But have noticed it’s been a lot more bothersome this year.

@Hardrock_keto_chick Yes ma’am, I find whenever I’m fasting, it always seems to wake me earlier than my normal 5AM alarm. And yes, even after just a few hours I can be right back up wide awake. Even though I’d like to get some more sleep time in, the body says nope, and I just go with it. :slight_smile:

Currently in at 11.5 hrs. …Happy Fasting folks!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #216

@Digital_Dave
The thing is i feel fit and awake and all, but it seems some parts of my brain are just not running to their full potential :joy: , which usually makes me a fun to have around but leaves me a really messy brained lunatic XD
I lose the teeniest bit of contenance I own. :rofl::rofl:

EXTENDED Fasting can effect my sleep too. But I seem to require a lot less sleep at my phase in life for some reason. I can nap LIKE A BOSS(!) though. Anytime, Anywhere, during Any Activity…doesn’t seem to matter.

We were having a meeting yesterday at my shop. One of my employees is setting up a new website for us and right during her presentation, I hear STAN! STAN! STAN!… See, I’d chosen to plop my bony caboose right down on a cushy, leather couch in the sales office (unadvisedly) and in approximately 4 minutes and 17 seconds…CLICK>>>>>>OUT like a light.

So embarrassing…

Is there an Olympic Napping Team?

Ummmmm…nevermind.

I have a hernia too, right above my naval. Been putting it off, but it is SOOoOooo MUCH better than it was 160 pounds ago. In fact, I’m such a “flat belly” now, that I’ve been experimenting with placing my…umm….Portable, Compact, Double Stack, Austrian Designed Lead Acceleration Unit (wink wink) in an Appendix Carry position. Never coulda done that at 330+ pounds, so that’s a NSV, right?

(Blurring done in honor of Politikal Korrecktness.) (Ahem.)

I’m thinking I can just live with the hernia, until I finally “Clock Out” hopefully not real soon. The undertaker will notice it, and just shrug.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #218

@goldwingnut I wish I could nap. I am just not a naping person even though I would sometimes be happy if I could. (before going out or stuff)
I can only nap when Sick or in a food coma… :rofl:

I did however fall asleep during meetings back in my carb eating days… hypoglycemia after lunch— ugh…
one of the things that finally brought me to keto and fasting actually

Began a fast Sunday night after Korean BBQ feast. About five months into keto now and at this point it’s natural and easy to slide into a fast (especially when I feel at my best during one).

Currently about 35 hours in and planning to keep going through Thursday evening (96 hours).

(Doug) #220

Have to laugh, Claudia, oh yes - been in that coma many times… Usually, a good to horrendous amount of alcohol was also involved for me. My wife is happier that I just don’t go to sleep after or during meals as much anymore.