Ooey Gooey Butter Pie (wickedstuffed.com)

(Nathanael Schulte) #1

Guys,

I just wanted to share this recipe. I gave it a try last week, and it was AMAZING. Kind of like a cross between cheesecake and Gooey Butter Cake, which is kind of a St. Louis staple dessert. I used Swerve, and the Erythritol gave it almost a lemony taste. The only thing I might possibly change is cutting back on the sweetener. It was SUPER sweet. I also realized that it was far better after it’s chilled a while. It was a bit too fluffy before that. I’m planning on making another today. Some of our best friends are in town tomorrow for a visit and he’s a type-1 diabetic.
I might also try a chocolate version.
Anyway, enjoy! It’s a pretty easy recipe and worth a try, though very easy to overeat :slight_smile:

http://www.wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/keto-ooey-gooey-butter-pie/?utm_source=Keto-Paleo+Recipes+From+Wicked+Stuffed&utm_campaign=78a2e3e03c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_04_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2b7f6bf403-78a2e3e03c-366347393

What did you Keto today?

Oh wow yours looks beautiful. Do you think this would work without the crust?

(Nathanael Schulte) #3

Yes, probably - I noticed a few commenters on the post tried it that way and it turned out fine. I liked the texture though, and I used fine almond flour instead of almond meal.
I should also mention, that’s how it looks out fresh from the oven. It condenses considerably once it cools.

Thanks! I love almond crust, too – I was just feeling lazy lol.

(Nathanael Schulte) #5

This is actually a great recipe for lazy cooks, I don’t think it took me more than 10 minutes to prep total - the majority of the time is for cooking.

Yum, I’m sold! Making this tomorrow :smiley:

(James storie) #7

YES! I have all of the ingredients!

Here’s mine. And yes, I did sneak a taste of the filling there on the left. So good! I cut back the sweetener to 1/2 cup of an erithrytol/monkfruit blend and a few drops stevia extract.

(James storie) #9

Here’s mine! I used just erithrytol

(Nathanael Schulte) #10

Here’s mine right out of the oven :slight_smile:
So, it was a great hit with our friends. Turns out his insurance stopped covering the automatic insulin pump, so he’s had to go back to injections and clean up his diet, which I think he’s had a hard time with, though his wife has enjoyed trying new recipes. We did this as dessert after some Carl’s Head pizza. I think I blew his mind a little :slight_smile:

(James storie) #11

I used the called for amount of sweetener, and I used salted butter, I didn’t have unsalted. It turned out great! Although it is very sweet. Of corse my tolerance has changed quite a bit! I love how the crust turned out!

(Nathanael Schulte) #12

Same here - I actually like the salted butter. I was afraid with as dark as the crust looked at the top that it would end up over done, but it didn’t. It was just right.
Can’t wait for tomorrow’s leftovers :slight_smile:

(Linda Culbreth) #13

Thanks for this recipe. Sounds like I will have to make it next time I bake.

I used salted butter also. I always use salted! Just had a piece and it’s delicious… I could see making it unsweetened to make a quick quiche-y thing too. Maybe with bacon!

I bet that was an amazing meal!!!

(Linda Culbreth) #16

Wowwww -I made this morning with less stevia, and I left off the crust since the nuts tend to a problem with the glucose levels for me. Also, put them in a 12 cupcake pan, so it didn’t have to cook so long. This is a keeper for sure…

(Nathanael Schulte) #17

My first chocolate version is going in the oven now

(Nathanael Schulte) #18

Here it is fresh out of the oven. I’m letting it chill all day today before eating :slight_smile:

(Jennifer) #19

Ok, what did you do to make it chocolate? Just add cocoa powder?

(Nathanael Schulte) #20

Yes, I added a half cup of cocoa powder, the rest of the recipe remained the same.