October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Allie) #182

@cervyn if you have a smart phone you can use an app called HRV4TRAINING which works with the camera lens on your phone. It’s what I use.

(Susan) #183

I am just trying to do the 24 hour Dry Fast is all and that is only 3.5 hours to go. I was doing a lot of movement, now I am just sitting here so the pains have stopped for the moment.

(Mame) #184

you said the weather was nice, perhaps you could enjoy a walk. get the nature with out the physical stress?

:heart_eyes: I will check it out!

(Susan) #185

I think you are right; my legs are cramping so I am going to eat some salt and water now (so I did Dry Fast for 21.5 hours -I won’t eat food until 5pm so it is still a 24 hour fast).

(Tamela Robinette) #186

That is a great idea! I have decided I want to pursue the full 24 hour dry fast, as this has just been so easy and I’m looking to heal some tendonitis. I can always run tomorrow. Thank you!

Hope you’re feeling better soon, Allie. :slight_smile: … I actually started an unplanned Fast last night after Dinner which was 5:30pm. So I’m just at 22.5 hrs. in. - Not sure for how long, but will probably break before Thursday, since I’m planning to Hunt T,F,S for a Black Powder Special we have here. It’s either that, or ride it out til Sunday? But I don’t like to weigh in Fasted, which is Sunday mornings.

Happy Fasting Folks… :+1:

(Bob M) #188

Wait, you don’t want to weigh in fasted? That’s the best weight! :grinning:

I’m at 30 hours (and dry so far, though I’ll have some salt and water tonight before bed). Planning to break tomorrow midday.
I feel great so far and have actually been really active- about an hour of yoga, almost 20,000 steps, extended work day. I don’t think I would try an intense workout during a dry fast but I’ve got good energy for moderate activity.

This was my motivation to try a dry fast as well! Well, close: an old hamstring injury.
I’ve done 4 or 5 short weekly dry fasts and so far I’ve had some nice results in other areas but not a big change in the injury as far as I can tell. Since this is easier -and seems more beneficial- than normal fasting for me, I’ll stick with this and see if I notice improvement in my hamstring over time.

(Tamela Robinette) #191

I’ve seen some improvement in my foot tendonitis after starting to see a PT 3 weeks ago. I’m hoping fasting, whether dry or water will help even more. I’ve been dealing with it for years. I’ve done some research that gives me hope! I hope you see the results you’re seeking soon!

Just in case anyone else is interested in dry fasting: the goal is not to dehydrate yourself in the long term (any more than the goal of water fasting is to deprive yourself of nutrients in the long term!). Since I’ve been doing a weekly dry fast, I’m having fewer problems with dry skin and any other signs of dehydration, and I’ve realized that thirst and hydration are not as straightforward as I used to think, almost as if I’m getting more hydrated with the liquid and veggies that I take in than I used to. [I’m not pushing it; just clarifying…]

Yeah, it does indeed usually show a much better number… but that’s just it, it’s usually empty weight that doesn’t really tell the true story. (Weight fluctuates so dramatically whilst Fasting, I prefer to weigh in with both normal meal & water weight) It’s why I also never weigh in whilst Fasting. Much preferring to get a couple days of meals in first. But that’s just me, I know some like to. :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #194

Feeling fantastic!!!

Presently at 38 hrs. and still not sure how long I will take it to? I’m only here at work for today and tomorrow, since I took off Thursday and Friday to Hunt. So a very short week for me this week. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #196

Awesome Tamela.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #197

Dave,

I hope you are successful on the hunt.

Thank you Sir, it’s been quite enjoyable just being back in the woods again. I also went & shot my gun yesterday to make sure it’s still on, and it was. So just need to see if the Deer will come visit or not. :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #199

It’s looking like I’m going to break at 42 hours cause I’m really starting to struggle mentally. I packed a nice keto lunch just in case and that always seems to be my downfall lol. I can’t stop thinking about it. Tummy is making all kinds of disparaging remarks haha. I feel pretty good about this fast though. I will probably have 2 meals today and try to do another 42. Thursday is my birthday and at that point all bets are off and I won’t jump back on the fasting wagon until Monday.

(Mame) #200

Happy almost birthday! @Robinette71

I was going great and then I felt really off yesterday afternoon. A different kind of off that I am not sure how to describe but I had commitments last night and I was not feeling capable of doing them. it may have been life stressors, it may be the illness my body is resisting successfully.
Right before I broke my fast I was at bg=77, bk=1.7, gki= 2.5 (a big improvement from fasting 22 hours or so)

Anyway I ended both fasts last night and took care of myself. And I will ‘live’ to fast again. :wink:

I have houseguests coming tomorrow and a good friend’s birthday this weekend so I am probably looking at normal keto / omad through the weekend.

this morning preworkout gki was up again bg=87, bk=.5, gki=9.6

Wishing all a great rest of the week!

(KCKO, KCFO) #201

Time for the monthly Zornfast is anyone wants to join in here is the link: