October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jane) #1

New month… new thread. May as well start it since I am fasting. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jane) #2

Ok, so 13 hours in on my 66-hr fast. I reset my fasting timer last night after having a couple of handfuls of nuts and HWC in my coffee.

Feeling pretty “empty” this morning since I didn’t have a regular meal for dinner and no hunger so just going to KCFO. Black salted coffee at my desk.

(Susan) #3

Best wishes on your 66 hour goal, Janie =).

(Jane) #4

This will be my only opportunity to fast this month as the next 3 weeks after this one I will be with colleagues and either hosting meals or expected to eat. Many will be Europeans and they cannot fathom the concept of “not eating” LOL.

(Susan) #5

Aww, okay =).

Hadn’t particularly planned to fast but haven’t eaten a thing since yesterday afternoon so coming up for 28 hours. I have absolutely no appetite so might as well take advantage :blush:.

Hope everyone succeeds, I’m leaving this one open ended.

(Jane) #7

That’s the best time to fast!

I still get hunger pangs at lunch and dinner time when I fast but they aren’t hangry pangs and I just sip some salt water or coffee and they pass. Knowing they will is 90% of the mental battle.

(Bob M) #8

@Janie Good luck on the 66 hour fast.

I did too much housework (painting) over the 3-day weekend (kids had off Rosh Hashanah), and we worked 12+ hours each day, so no fasting until maybe Thursday. Then I hope for a 36 hour fast.

(David Pegg) #9

I’m planning on fasting on 14-16th October with a work colleague. He’s not even kept but loves doing fasts with me, he loves how he feels. Funny, he normally snacks on food all day long, yet he seems to cope with a fast better than me! I’ve been keto for 3 years and IFing for 2 years!

Anyone want to join us? The date has moved once because of my colleagues work schedule, hopefully it won’t move again

(Susan) #10

I don’t know if you know about the monthly Zorn Fast that we do on the forum, the third Thursday of the month, which would be from Thursday, October 17-Sunday, October 20. A lot of people on the forum do that Fast. Maybe people would do yours as well, though, best wishes with yours!

(Doug) #11

:sunglasses::+1: Many of the best fasts (like the best parties) are often unplanned.

(Bob M) #12

Thursday to Sunday? That’s my hardest time to fast. :grinning: Monday-Friday (or Thursday or Wednesday), I can do.

(Jane) #13

Same here - thar’s why I’ve never done a Zorn fast. Weekends are my fun time to play in the kitchen cooking new keto foods.

(Susan) #14

The Thurs-Sun works out okay for me because I don’t have to cook the meals the same times as I do have to Sunday night to Thursday night (I do them after supper on Thursdays and then break at Sunday’s meal so the timing for it is actually fine for me =).

(Failed) #15

I’m on hour 23.5 of my however-long-it-takes-to-get-my-BGs-below-100/5.5 for at least 12 hours.

They’ve been going up steadily since Sept 19, even though I’m eating only meat with a few dill pickle slices and/or celery. I cannot identify the cause (likely the addition or subtraction of a supplement or 2) so will start adding the suspects back one at a time after this fast. This morning’s BG was 153, but it’s down to 118 now.

(David Pegg) #16

Unfortunately my colleague can’t do those dates. Thanks for letting me know about the Zorn fast, will suggest it next time

(Susan) #17

I am sure that some people on the forum will definitely be fasting during the times you are, even if they don’t do all the same days, and I wish you and your colleague success with the fast as well =).

(Susan) #18

I think my grandson is coming this weekend, so no fast for me. I may do the 9th to 12th.
Canadian Thanksgiving is Oct. 14th. so I may do the Zornfast that week as well.

(Jane) #19

38 hours in and coasting now. I usually only get uncomfortable the first day and it doesn’t last - just nags at me periodically. By day 2 it is mostly an empty quiet feeling that I enjoy.

I forgot to pack my Keto Mojo so no glucose or ketones numbers for this fast. No biggie.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #20

Jane - awesome.