October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Might not be around much after tomorrow, being I will be tied up for the rest of the week, so early Happy Birthday to ya, Tamela. :slight_smile: Seems to be quite a few October Birthdays here too. :slight_smile:

Presently at 42.5 hrs. and will probably break tonight with Dinner, so probably be doing just 47 hrs., by the time I get home. Doubt I do anymore this week too with stuff planned for the rest of the week and weekend. - Have been in meetings all day, with a fourth one scheduled in just 30 minutes, so it’s been a long day and not getting much done in the way of work. Actually looking forward to some time off. :+1:

(Tamela Robinette) #203

Thanks Dave!

(KCKO, KCFO) #204

Enjoy this virtual cake :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #205

Thank you​:hugs::hugs::hugs:

(John) #206

I am about 24 hours into an impromptu fast. I think I’ll do 36 and break it in the morning. Fridays usually seem to be good days for a fast for some reason.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #207

Out of curiosity, what are all the little circles around the large one?
I’ve downloaded the app, but can’t seem to find a description of them anywhere! Do you find them useful?

(I suppose I could make a fake fast entry to see what they are).

If you tap on one of the little symbols it should bring up another dialog box where you can choose to learn more or view more info or something along those lines.

Here are screenshots I kept of the basic information just in case you have trouble.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #209

Thanks. I just didn’t recall seeing all of those when I used it.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #210

Jumping into a 48 hr fast. Tuesday is my wife’s birthday so planning a keto friendly meal for the 3 of us.

(Susan) #211

Happy Birthday to your lovely wife, Eric =). I hope that you have a delicious meal with her that evening and that she has a wonderful day and many more years to come.

(Susan) #212

I completed my second leg of my 48 time 2 fast (with that meal on Friday supper in between) at 5pm tonight.

Congrats to all that fasted and best wishes to all that are still fasting =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #213

Yea Susan.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #214

Okay, I decided not to fast this week. I’m focusing a lot of energy on building lean muscle mass and just had a great lower-body workout. Just going to feed my protein needs. Happy fasting all.

(John) #215

I never did close this, did I? Went 43 hours (Thursday 8pm through Saturday 3pm). During the fasting period I did my normal bodyweight and weightlifting exercises Friday and Saturday, walked about 1.5 miles Friday evening and 4.5 miles Saturday shortly before breaking the fast. I had good energy and felt fine for the entire period.

I considered continuing further but I had a physical scheduled Monday and didn’t want to do weird things to the blood testing.

(Bob M) #216

That may have been too late. There’s about a 3 day window, according to Dave Feldman, so that what you did three days ago affects your “cholesterol” levels.

I fasted 36 hours last week on Monday, 22 hours on Wednesday. I plan on that this week.

What I’ve been doing Sunday (and over the weekend) is eating more fat and more calories. Though I prefer lower fat meats, I’ve been eating higher fat. This seems to have worked, as I’m less cold and right now (about 2:30pm), I’m not cold at all.

(Bob M) #217

I made it about 36 hours, not very cold, with a workout at about 32 hours. Next is 22 hours on Wednesday.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #218

I started a fast the other night (ate dinner on the 20th).
I’m thinking of going either 48 or 72 hours. I’m mostly trying to get things back in gear after the effects of chemo (high BG), and a few meals that pushed it up (probably also chemo-related). I’m mostly using this as a reset. My glucose has been pretty good, just lacking in the ketone department. I do need to remember to hydrate (it’s easy to forget).

Time (hr) ISF BG BK GKI Boz
0 85 71 0.6 6.57 118
12 100 85 0.6 7.87 142
15.5 92 84 1.3 3.59 65
18 88 77 0.9 4.75 86
20 84 74 0.8 5.14 93
21 78 73 0.7 5.79 104
25 81 69 0.6 6.39 115
36 81 75 1.5 2.78 50
40 80 65 1.3 2.78 50

(Bob M) #219

To be honest, I don’t even know how you get those (ketone) numbers. I started retaking ketones for a test I’m going to do…and got a shocking 0.5 on one meter and 0.3 on the other (both Keto Mojos), and that was after about 32 hours of fasting. I’m rarely above 1.0. I did not take my blood sugar, but I’m sure it was near or over 100 (morning is always high).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #220

Those ketone numbers are actually fairly low for me, at this point in a fast.
I’ve logged my numbers here - its a Google Spreadsheet.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #221

I’m thinking I’m going to make it a 48-hour fast. Then I can eat Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and start my fast after dinner on Thursday. Then I’ll eat again Sunday (72-hour fast). That should help keep my BG low on Monday for chemo. My doc has been told (and told me) I shouldn’t fast during chemo (I don’t fully agree with her). I’ll keep to my OMAD though. But, by fasting 72 hours prior to chemo I should be able to keep my BG low, if trends continue, and it should help mitigate the spike caused by the chemo (know side effect of high BG).