October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Allie) #162

There’s lots of people who ask for food to be blurred out in this thread as they find mention of it triggering when they’re fasting. Might be better posting this in a different place?

(Jane) #163

Well, no horrible side effects which really surprised me but I don’t recommend it. I didn’t feel too great the next morning.

(Jane) #164

Oh I forgot. SORRY! I blurred my own posts but I can’t edit those who quoted me. The poster or an admin can though.

@Janie That was meant for me. I posted a long list of potential foods to break my fast with. I removed it and moved it somewhere else. I completely forgot about blurring. I’m still a newbie in some ways and completely forgot about not including foods here.

All done. 120 hours.

For all those still continuing… good luck and keep it up! This one went so well, I may be back in a few days to join you!

Well, ended up just doing a little over OMAD today instead of a couple days. Mainly since the Wife had some stuff that needed to be eaten. (Leftovers) Plus, some of those things she doesn’t eat. … So I went ahead and ate, but actually think it was better that I did since I do have things lined up for the next few days & breaking then might not be as good. Will probably jump back in next week after the Holiday.

(Jane) #168

Oh, I shouldn’t have posted about the wine either and I’m not a noob!
:grin:

(Allie) #169

I hadn’t even noticed that one @Janie, maybe because it’s not something I ever consume :rofl:

(Tamela Robinette) #170

Anyone fasting today for mealess Monday? It’s awful quiet…cricket cricket

(Bob M) #171

I’m going to try to fast for a while this week, but tend not to get too excited until I make it overnight.

I inflamed my shoulders doing overhead work and painting and other housework. So, I plan to hit 4.5 days, no exercise. If I can make it that long, I’ll just do HIIT and abs on Saturday, and we’ll see how I feel with respect to shoulders.

(Allie) #172

Good luck to everyone who’s fasting. I’ll be loosely following some IF but am not well at the moment so being really gentle with myself. Next week I’m hoping to get back to it with meal-less Monday and see what happens next.

(Mame) #173

You are not alone! I am doing meal-less Monday, started last night at 7pm, going until Tuesday sometime so 40+ hours or so. I started about an hour after you.

Also inspired by @Madeleine and her improved heart variability rate which seems to be associated with her short dry fasts I am embedding a dry fast period 7am Monday to 7am Tuesday. it already seems weird to not reach for water whenever I want…

I will still be brushing my teeth…:slight_smile:

Hi @cervyn ! I’m doing meal-less Monday which will result in a 48 hour fast, 36(ish) hours of which will be dry. I brush my teeth during my dry fasts, and probably a bit more often than I usually do! There’s something called a hard dry fast in which you have no contact at all with water, but I wash hands/brush teeth/shower as usual.
I’m curious to hear your experience! Do you test your HRV?

(Tamela Robinette) #175

@cervyn and @Madeleine I am in the midst of my first ever dry fast! I had my last meal around 6 last night, I had a cup of black coffee and a glass of ACV water around 6:30 this morning. I feel incredible! 4 hours into the dry fast and 17 hours sans food and not one single tummy rumble! I’m not sure if I’ll make it a full 24 hours as the weather is beautiful today and I want to run after work. I’m not sure that would be a good idea while dry fasting. I don’t measure HRV but I just googled it and it sounds fascinating! I have noticed since I have incorporated more fasting lately my resting heart rate has dropped from 59 bpm to 53?

(Mame) #176

Tamela, it’s like we planned this ahead of time, lol.

I had black coffee first thing this morning as well along with a bit of herbal tea and probiotics. I have my heavy lifting tomorrow morning at 630am so I am planning on having some keto-aid around then and then coffee… then break fast sometime that day…

I am happy to report when there is something. Aside from noticing how habitually I drink water and concern about bad breath things are not that different. My tummy is still gurgling away. I do not currently have a way to track my HRV, although I have done various breathing practices that have been shown to increase it. My last heart monitor broke and I have not replaced it yet.

I do track BG, BK and gki. I am curious if they will look different.
This morning I was usually high for me. bg = 103, bk=.5 and gki=11.4 I don’t think keto treats like me much.

@Robinette71 That’s nice that your RHR has trended down. Of course with HRV the higher the better.

I’m fasting today–not because it’s Monday, necessarily, but sure, let’s call it Mealless Monday! I’m hoping to do 42 hours (started Sunday after dinner), but we’ll see.

I’m definitely not dry-fasting, though!

(Tamela Robinette) #178

At 19 hours of total fasting time with 7 of them being dry I am really surprised at how easy this is! I never dreamed I could fast without water, let alone for 7 hours! It’s been so easy I’m seriously considering forgoing my run just to see if I can do a 24 hour dry fast. That would also mean no weight training for me in the morning as it’s recommended no strenuous exercise while dry fasting. Ugghhh decisions, decisions.

If it works for you and you find it safe, great. But I have issues with not drinking enough water as it is. I have a history of getting brutal headaches and then realizing I’m just dehydrated. So my goal is to drink more water, not less.

(Susan) #180

I have been doing a 24 hour Dry Fast since last night at 5pm until tonight at 5pm, and it is not going well, but I will keep it up until 5pm.

I will not be trying this again for quite a while though, maybe later on for Autophagy after I have lost a lot of weight. My leg cramps are intense. I am guessing my body cannot cope with out the electrolytes and water. I have never had these problems with normal Fasting.

I really doubt that depriving yourself of water is going to affect autophagy. Your body is obviously screaming for you to stop doing what you’re doing (intense leg cramps, etc.). I’d encourage you to at least drink some water and get some electrolytes in you!