October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(MelissaH) #81

@Jezza I’m curious what kind of 7 day fast you just completed? You seemed to have great results

(Allie) #82

25 hours and so far it’s been a breeze, but I did keep my coat on all morning at work to avoid the cold feeling :joy:

(back and doublin' down) #83

@Jezza I freeze my bone broth in silicon muffin pan, then pop out those frozen pods and vacuum seal using my FoodSaver. This method works for anything liquid like that you’re wanting to freeze.

I did accomplish a 24 hr water fast, but not the EF I was aiming for. The course work got too stressful, so settled for OMAD Sat & Sun. back to IFs 18:6 today and this week. It’s our first week of cold/snow in the forecast. I was freezing on Saturday during the water fast, so thinking my body is no longer as impervious to the cold as it used to be at #260

Just coming up on 16 hrs., but it’s just the beginning of the day, so I’m looking to try and stay busy getting some stuff done. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #85

Getting a bit headachey now… pushing through.

Thanks! Needed this thread :slight_smile:

Today felt like the right time to start another EF after great results in September. Well, especially after eating Brazilian BBQ last night (the third different place in the past three weeks - oops). Mmm. Fat.

I kicked off last night at about 8pm so I’m just under 12 hours in. Aiming to go through until Saturday evening which would be 6 days/144 hours.

Cool, just don’t forget to blur your food mentions above. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest personally, hell I even cook/bake while fasting. But I do know they would like any mentioning of food to be blurred.

Done! Thanks for the reminder.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #90

Hi all. I just finished a 4 day fast yesterday. So restarted last night since my intention was NOT to stop. Currently 13 hours in.

(Allie) #91

29 hours so far, all good. Surprisingly easy considering how much I’ve struggled in recent weeks. Maybe a mindset thing as last night I decided to fast today so didn’t prep any food for today and this morning reminded myself that I’m fasting and just got on with it.

I’m feeling a bit hungry at the moment but pushing through as it’s time to do yoga and I don’t like eating in the evenings.

(KCKO, KCFO) #92

Good plan, I have found as long as I do 3-4 day fasts, if I eat a meal during the fast, it is better to carry on than just cave and eat for a few days.

Happy Fasting.

(KCKO, KCFO) #93

Allie, there really are times when it is all a breeze and others, it is a huge mind game. Good for you pushing onwards.

I am doing a 4 hr eating window day, have a dentist appt later this afternoon, so nothing but some coffee til dinner time. I’m plan to do some eating for a couple of days and then do a 42 hr. fast.

(Allie) #94

@collaroygal hope the dental appt goes well.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #95

I did black coffee, water with electrolytes, seltzer with ACV all 7 days. On days 1,2,6 I added 2C bone broth. On day 7 I had 4C bone broth. At the start of my fast I was 25lbs from my goal. It’s a loose goal though because I’m doing a lot of strength training I may reach my size goal before my weight goal and just maintain there. Anyway, I’ve got plenty to live on for future extended fasts :grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #96

Just a cleaning, seems eating keto keeps your mouth healthier too. It went real well.

(Allie) #97

I’ve had a fatty coffee this morning, with added lite salt, as I felt the need after gym and dog walk. 43 hours so far.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #98

Same. I do all the cooking for my non Keto family, fasting or not, so if someone mentions food it’s not a big deal. Though I think folks could have the courtesy to blur mentions of being cold. I’m all triggered by not being cold I’m 10 degrees hotter just talking about it :joy:.

Just in over 37 hrs. presently and all’s well. As usual I just water fast, but we did just pick up some Flavored Tea’s that are pretty good. They show to be flavored with Stevia, and the Caramel Apple and Lemon Cake are both quite good. There were 6 flavors in the bundle, but these two are my favorites so far. So I guess I will be adding some flavor to this fast.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #100

Post EF weight regain, with appropriate Keto food energy intake - how long does it take to level out? I’ve read that regaining about half the weight is normal. Also, that the max actual fat loss is about half a pound per day of fasting. That would have given me 3.5lbs of actual loss. I don’t think I’ll regain all the water weight I lost, since I had slid off the keto path for a bit. But 3 days post fast I’m only up 1.1lbs.

How long did it take you, EF friends? :blush: