October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #61

Good to focus on the positive :joy:

(MelissaH) #62

Question for all you fasting champs…
What if your almost to your ideal weight? Are you still able to pull off an extended fast?

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #63

Completed my 7D fast and started the refeed plan…oh wait…there was a plan? I stupidly froze my bone broth in mason jars. Even with the lids off the quart jar cracked so I had to toss it. Ugh…such a waste!!! So I only had the 4C for Friday and none for yesterday. I did have ground turkey and veg soup with a bone broth base for first meal. By second meal my stomach was really growling. I’d been running the kids around all day. Second meal was more eclectic but fully Keto. Anyway, digestive system has not been ideal. No pain or cramping though. All night long I was wondering if “she’ll hold” IYKWIM :grimacing:. She did but I was constantly aware of the possibility. Next one I’ll try to refeed at a slower pace.

I enjoyed that fast so much! I felt so much better - aches and pains GONE, subacute viral symptoms GONE, anxiety GONE, fatiuge/malaise/fuzzy head GONE! Can’t wait until next month :smiley:

(KCKO, KCFO) #64

I started to fast when I had @15 lbs to go to my goal. I dropped those in a month of mixed fasting protocols, including my longest over 100 hr. ones. I do 90 hrs. fasting once a month and at least one over 36 hrs. of fasting per week to maintain my desire to stay under my goal weight. So it is very possible to do extended fasting. Search for Richard’s calculator on the forum search box, you might have to supplement with a tiny bit of fats when you are lower in body fats.

(MelissaH) #65

Thanks! I’m aiming for at least a 36 hour fast starting tomorrow!

(Allie) #66

@Jezza next time, try freezing in plastic freezer bags as that way you can boil them in water to thaw and reheat them :heart:

(Allie) #67

I haven’t really been feeling like doing any EF for the last few weeks as you know, but at the moment I’m planning to try for another one starting tomorrow, well starting an hour ago as I just ate. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow though :joy:

Actually ate some stuff for breakfast this morning, and immediately wanted to fast right afterwards. … Heading out to do some yard work for the day, (cutting grass, doing leaves and splitting wood) and will decide later tonight if this mornings’ meal will be the last for a while? … Happy fasting folks! :wink:

(Liz ) #69

Went 41.5 hours & broke at lunch as I just wasn’t feeling great, I knew it was time. Pleased I got that far, pleased I fasted at all.

(Central Florida Bob ) #70

I couldn’t fast last week because I had jury duty. It’s not like not eating is a hindrance, but it means not being able to raise your hand and go to the bathroom. Urgently and all of a sudden. As many people note.

I had only one day fasting last week, once the jury duty was over.

Now it’s back to my ordinary, 3 days of ADF per week. Because it’s just what I do.

Well, after 6 long hours of non-stop sweating doing the yard-work, I decided to go ahead and eat something after-all. Actually, I thought to try and Carb-Up some, to see what kind of difference it makes, instead of just starting after a regular meal. So, yeah, I munched out until I was full. :slight_smile: … So my fast started at 6:00pm tonight, and not sure for how long? Just going to roll along with this one and see where it takes me. :grin:

Just had a feast of food today for sons 5th birthday (endless shrimp special). Decided I will do a fast!

This will be the first EF fast, plan to go as long as I can stand it but hoping to go 24 hours minimum (6:30pm tomorrow). 18/6 fasting has been easy.

Reading up all the info I can on EF.

Any thoughts on bone broth during a 24+ hour fast? Encouraged?

Thanks!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #73

I am currently at 20h.
aiming for at least 48h.

I would love to crack the 100 mark again for once though… has been a while.

Anyone else planing on an EF and looking for a fasting buddy?

(Allie) #74

I’m at 22 hours so far, and will just got as long as I can.

(Carpe salata!) #75

I’m at 1 day, planning for 5. Just water or hot water.

So far so good but I felt a bit sleepy today. Might be better tomorrow.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #76

I do have green tea and my electrolyte drink. just cracked the 24 h mark a few minutes ago. feeling good so far.

(MelissaH) #77

Check out this thread HTH

Claudia, @bej10 started a thread for a fast this week (starting today). Here it is.

Melissa, this seems to vary a lot. Jezza just finished a 7-day fast and she seemed to have had a great time. I don’t remember the details but she must be close to her goal. I remember seeing another thread on here about a woman who did a 10-day fast to drop her last 10 pounds.
Others find that it’s really hard to fast when they’re more lean, even when they’re experienced fasters and have always had an easy time of it.

(MelissaH) #80

@Hardrock_keto_chick yes please join us!!