October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #101

48h waterfast, my head is a tad weird, energy low, decided to give into a tad HCV in coffe… I know the workout tonight will put me deep into ketosis and the queasiness will go away. just need to push through the afternoon.

I’ve also heard many others mention something about 1/2 too, but since I only weigh in once a week (Sunday mornings) and this is only for record keeping purposes, I’ve never actually tracked any data from Fasting. … Hell, I even had one week, where I fasted 96 hrs. and it showed a 1.5 or 2 lb. gain? But then the following week, showed an 8 lbs. loss? (I’m pretty sure it was mostly due to water weight, and I do tend to drink a lot of water, but I guess it would take someone to test regularly to know for sure?) … Plus, the re-feed itself would probably play a big role in this as well? … Curious to hear what others might have to say. :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #103

Sometimes I regain, sometimes I don’t. I haven’t figured out the pattern yet. I suspect women’s results vary with their cycle, and feasting variations. But my post fast weight is always at least a bit lower than my pre fast weight. Good enough I says.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #104

Ikr? I had seriously thought about waiting & just eating for the next few days…doing OMAD til November. But I looked at that as an excuse to give in & give up.

Many folks find that OMAD for more than a week or so will stall them! Especially if you don’t eat much during that one meal. I think it’s a great maintenance strategy (for the folks who find a good rhythm with it) but it’s not considered a good strategy to lose fat (not sure if you’re looking to lose…).

(Allie) #106

Dr Fung and the guys at IDM advise against OMAD for weight loss as they say it does ultimately slow metabolism down.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #107

I sure am. And I do believe that was an issue cuz my scale & measuring tapes weren’t budging! But water fasting has kicked it into gear. I used to eat small meals throughout the day(pre keto) Research has told me that’s wrong to do even with keto. I’m confused now. And I definitely don’t want fat & weight gain once refeeding. Any suggestions from ANY & ALL would be greatly appreciated.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #108

So should I go back to 18:6?

(MelissaH) #109

I found this podcast very helpful! Changing things up is very helpful for weightloss.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #110

Hitting 55h feeling a lot better after workout.

The date that fell flat yesterday has made an effort to come by today.
Which is awesome, if it wasn’t for my guts that are still going a bit crazy on me…

(Ellen) #111

Feel like am ready to fast again, the last couple of weeks have been a feasting frenzy but seems to be over for now, so fasting now for however long body is happy with.

(Blessed with butter ) #112

I think its time too. started at 6pm last night here we go!

40 hours in, no issues, everything going well.

However unlike my previous EF in September I’m not yet feeling all the other benefits from fasting (I had really strong mental clarity, infinite energy, etc). I’m willing to bet it’s more an apples and oranges thing at the moment. I.e. I’m fasting the same as I did last month, but I’m extremely busy at work this month and last night we added a second dog to our family which has taken some adjustment.

I throwing in a bonus EF this month. Just 'cause.

I always do a Zorner since I found about it, but I always wind up with an extra EF or three each month.

Don’t need no steenking reason to fast, do I?!?!?

I may make this one into a Fast 72 and if so, I’m about halfway there.

(Allie) #115

Normally I fast until I feel bad then break, but today I decided to try a different tactic and broke while still feeling good (45 hours). My thinking is that maybe the negative feeling I was ending up with may have been acting as a deterrent and putting me off fasting completely as anything beyond my normal IF schedule has seemed so daunting recently. So today I’ve eaten, and tomorrow I fast again.

My main aims are autophagy and increasing IGF to maximise muscle growth. Can’t measure autophagy but can see my gains… :blush: I’m trying not to get hung up on the 5lbs I’ve gained recently as I don’t want to get back into the messed up belief of needing to restrict food, so it helps that I can see where I’m building muscle nicely.

Ongoing experimentation :grinning:

@Shortstuff

Allie, are your gains through Autophagy pretty clear, pretty obvious to you? I’m not so sure on my part.

I’ve read much of you story on your website, and mine is totally different. I still DO HAVE loose skin so far. But I’m 64, and lost half my own body weight, beginning in Dec only 22 months ago. So I’m trying to be patient. 333-166.5=166.5 and that’s about where I want to be…

But from the chest down, I look like a cross between a Shar Pei Puppy, and a Holocaust Survivor.

And I agree with your stated goal of adding muscle. I may move my macros up in protein a bit.

(Jennifer) #117

Hi! I just started my first 72 hour fast. I’ve been doing 16:8 for the past 3 days and have been really feasting on fat. I just recently listened to the 2 dudes episode called Switching it up with Megan Ramos. I’m a little nervous, but looking forward to the challenge! I’m so glad this thread is here for support. :blush:

Well, 49 hrs. in and all’s good. Just starting to get that emptying out feeling I’ve been waiting for. :slight_smile: It might be strange, but when my stomach starts making all those crazy noises and acting up, I know I’m there. :slight_smile:

Now if I could just do something about that humming in my ears? :thinking:Are you eating tonight…Are you eating tomorrow? When are you going to eat? :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #119

Exactly what happens to me. Even on 2MAD I struggle to eat enough calories, and I don’t want to resort to smashing down fat bombs, partly because the new ones we’ve got taste so damn good…

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #120

Ooooo plz msg me ur fat bomb recipe…pretty plz??:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: