October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Mark Rhodes) #41

UNNNzip

that’s what I thought.

ziiiiip

(Liz ) #42

Yes! This works for me too :slight_smile:

That’s totally my mantra right now, thank you :heart_decoration:

I agree, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done! Sometimes I have a tendency to binge when I OMAD so I will stick with a 2PM to 7PM eating window with two meals. That seems to keep me fairly even but this creeping scale has me freaked out, not gonna lie. I know a fast would reverse it and give me some breathing room but yeah. Might not be able to do that. It’s a battle between my vanity and my sanity LOLOLOL

(Allie) #43

Well I went on autopilot and prepped food this morning so didn’t fast, but I ate it all before 10am and not having anything else now (I don’t like eating after 1pm) so by the time I eat tomorrow it’ll be about 24 hours. That’ll do me.

(TJ Borden) #44

I’ve done that so many times. :joy::joy::joy:

The worst is when I’m cooking for my wife while fasting and take a few “tastes” without even thinking about it.

(Allie) #45

I imagine that is really annoying yes, but wife is lucky to have you cooking for her! :blush: My man doesn’t even know how to cook, unless it comes in a packet and can be microwaved :roll_eyes: Needless to say, I do all my own cooking :joy:

(KCKO, KCFO) #46

I’m fasting today, but when I got home from my Zumba class, there was the bowl with the cherry tomatoes DH had collected while I was away. Without even thinking about it i popped one into my mouth and as soon as the juice hit my tastebuds I was all “oh shit, I’m fasting”. DH looked at me and said “I won’t tell on you, just keep fasting”. So I am still fasting, except for that one cherry tomato, fresh from the garden.

(Running from stupidity) #47

Not all men are smart, just most of them. Like this one :slight_smile:

(Carpe salata!) #48

Alright you forced it out of me! In my last 5-day water fast DW brought me a cup of tea with milk … and I drank it :Jimmy_Swaggart_cry:

Yeah, I just went on fasting after that.

Pan, heat, bacon, eggs, go! :man_cook:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #50

:joy: Right?!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #51

Bone Broth was yummmmmy!

(Allie) #52

Oh he can do that, for himself only though as he insists on nasty vegetable oil and carbage with it… then leaves the icky oil splattered all over for me to clean up :roll_eyes:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #53

Day 7 of 7 day fast. 2C Bone Broth went down well! Stomach was very noisy, but no “other issues”. I’ve been having 1TB of psyllium in water around noon to keep things moving and prevent post fast problems :crossed_fingers:

(Mark Rhodes) #54

I broke 12 hours early because during my fourth workout of the week I said to myself “Self, I would like a steak”…my wife was in the gym as well and not fasting. I brought this to her attention and rather than say “Oh honey you can make it” she said “Tuscan?” a steak place we tend to frequent. A delicious ribeye and appetizers of shrimp and brie plus italian sausage and peppers.

Date Time BG mmol βHB BRace GKI Brace GKI GKI DUO HR fasted Weight
10/3/2018 Average 4.36 3.9 68.625 1.12 1.14 1.69 DAY 3 215.4
10/4/2018 7:00 AM 3.9 4 65.2 0.98 1.08 1.51 91:00:00 215
11:00 AM 4.7 4.4 83.1 1.07 1.02 1.58 95:00:00
2:30 PM 4.1 6.3 70.5 0.65 1.05 1.17 98:50:00
10/4/2018 Average 4.233333333 4.9 72.93333333 0.86 1.04 1.39 215
10/5/2018 7:00 AM 4.7 6 95 0.78 0.89 1.23 0:00:00 216

It really is interesting to see how the ketones go up with easy access to food being in a high ketonic state. The fats are readily converted to ketones as evidenced by the βHB & BRace measurements. I have no expectation that I would be using those ketones for lipolysis, hence the major jump in BRace.

This FAST was great and I believe it is addressing my nicotine cessation.
To see how nicotine helps and hinders lipolysis click the link.

I feast at least the next three days. Then I need to decide whether to do IF or another 3-4 day EF as I attack those nicotine fat pounds I put on.

(Allie) #55

The goose I rescued last weekend had to be put to sleep… :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m on a strict IF schedule today and generally avoid eating in the evenings, actually after 1pm, but suddenly I’m feeling hungry… I’m going to go do an hour of yoga and hopefully it’ll pass.

(Doug) #56

(((Allie))) :heart: Kind heart for animals. :heart:

(KCKO, KCFO) #57

36 hr. fast turned into a 42 hr. fast today. Wasn’t hungry at breakfast time, so went til lunch.

(Liz ) #58

24 hours fasted, woohoo! Going for 45, planning on breaking at dinner tomorrow. Someday down the road I can do 70 or 90 hour fasts again but for now this feels like triumph.

(Rita) #59

Congratulations on nicotine cessation. The hardest thing I’ve ever done other than childbirth! Your health thanks you as well as those who live around and love you!

(Carpe salata!) #60

Starting after dinner today - 5- day water fast. So that’s 3hrs so far … still full from dinner. Ha.