Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(Beth) #10

This is all great. I’m looking forward to joining you all on Monday!

(Mike Glasbrener) #11

3x24 plus 1 extra night right now… so abut 80 plus or minus a bit…

(Mike Glasbrener) #12

Nope. I get cream in my coffee every morning. Personal choice…

(MelissaH) #13

Today is the day :smile::smile: let’s do this!!!

(Beth) #14

Day 1 started! I’m just having coffee and water. :grinning:

Hi @Monurse and @bej10! Checking in at the start of my day.
I think Bej is in the UK (?) so probably not the start of your day anymore! How’s it going?

October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME
(Beth) #16

Good morning Madeleine! I’m in Maryland and looking forward to our fast.

ah - got it! Don’t know why I had the impression you were in England :slight_smile:

Happy fasting morning to you both!

(MelissaH) #18

Good morning! Starting a fast while sick… what am I thinking??:rofl: maybe it will make it easier

(Beth) #19

Oh my. Maybe there is something to the old phrase, “starve a cold”. Hopefully you get better quickly!

Yes, it should make it easier! Also might make you recover more quickly :slight_smile:
Do you have a length that you’re aiming for?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #21

Sooo reaching 26 h soon. feeling fine. drinking green tea to keep me warm.

my week is so stuffed with plans, doing it all fasted would be super helpful.

(MelissaH) #22

@bej10 mentioned today -Thurs… I’ll give it my best shot! I have no appetite so that’s a plus.

(MelissaH) #23

Being busy certainly helps pass the time @Hardrock_keto_chick your a champ at fasting!

Hmm… I was originally planning just today (I usually fast on Mondays) but I’m looking at my book and realizing that I have work events tomorrow and Weds nights so I might actually be able to swing a longer fast. I have an EF planned later in the month but it might be fine to add one now as well. I’ll see how I’m feeling tomorrow.
In any case, will be working out soon then working, and I’ll check in with you guys on my next break this afternoon.
Happy fasting!!!

(MelissaH) #25

Have a great day everyone!! I’ll check in this afternoon as well

(Beth) #26

That sounds great. I plan on leveraging the fasting energy to get caught up on some work. I’m also planning on light exercise and a workout with weights on Wed when the HGH is peaking. I’ll check in later today to see how everyone is doing! KCKO

(Ellie) #27

Hi Beth,

I have just started a fast today too.
I’m definitely going for 48 hours, but I want to extend to 3 days if I feel ok.
I ate last night but only coffee and water now for the fast.
I am in the UK.
Can I be your fasting buddy too?? :hugs:

(Beth) #28

Hi Ellie,

Absolutely - looks like we have a strong and motivated group for our fast! I ate last night as well. That puts me about 12 hours in (we had a late meal).

I think I’m going to try for three or four days depending on how I feel. I’ve never fasted for longer than three, but the last time I fasted, I ended the fast when I wasn’t even hungry, so I can probably make 4 days. It’s been over a year since I did an EF, it’s about time!

(MelissaH) #29

We ate late also so I’m at 13 hours… I’d like to make it to Wed at least. We can do it!
Welcome Ellie😅