OctCarniFest :)

heck yea
burnt ends are stellar in my eyes,

this ‘char on meat’ is gonna kill ya BS from the ‘non meat eaters’ of the world is total BS in the scheme of things when you research it as I did.

thing is you must learn to cook the meat as you love it and I went from this heat to that heat, to cover with lid on high to reduce heat and flip BUT AS my personal tastes changed to more rare I went all in with sear high heat, and flip and high eat and 'burn but char was fab without that ‘real burn’ we are talking to just damn fab to suit me.

so there is ‘real burn’ and none of us like it to ‘that darn sear char that us carnivores kill for’ LOL

do you at all times on how you want your meat…become that little bit of meat chef you need to be to suit you

@Karen18
your pooch is adorable and looks at you with concern and you are the alpha that is adored, I so can see it :slight_smile:

Plus I SO GET you in the ‘I don’t require alot of ohhs and ahhs’ thru face to face when you feel you are facing BS you gotta deal with and I so get you on that K and I support that wholeheartedly!!

DO YOU thru recovery and when ready you do what ya wanna do. Not a darn thing wrong with just that ever!

Nove(g)mber

Good to see everyone trucking along. I am still on the ‘not sure about beef’ wagon, after having eaten it every day for almost a year. Recently I’ve been eating a lot of pork, chicken, and a little bit of seafood. I’ve also got some lamb (as well as some beef in reserve in case I change my mind).

Coming up to a year on carnivore. That’s a surreal thought.

(Edith) #265

How about “Meat Noshin’ November”?

(Edith) #266

So, with all the heart palpitations going on, I was not strict carnivore this month.

With my salt intake now at 2 teaspoons a day, the heart palpitations are much fewer and farther between. I’ll have a few flip flops in the evening if I have too many histamines during the day, but otherwise things are good. With all the extra salt, I am sleeping much better, too.

Starting tomorrow, I’m back being strict carnivore with my new salt intake quantity. I’m hoping that’s the clincher. With my month of fooling around trying a bunch of stuff (not scientifically at all I might add) the back pain has reared its ugly head.

I am recommitted.

Been doing much better. Trying to de-stress a little more, and just eat better. So, I cooked 3 pounds of grass fed beef, seasoned it and threw in some butter. Divided it up into containers, and that’s what I took to work for lunches. Made a chuck roast, and nibble on that - and drink the bone broth. When all else fails…hard bioled eggs with salt and butter. Ate a pile of turkey bacon and eggs this morning. So…feeling a bit better.

I’m so glad you’re getting out and about, @Karen18 ! And what a darling pooch! Praying for full recovery, my dear. =)

Going to take out some more ground beef to thaw and cook for upcoming meals. And, it is time to waterglass some chicken eggs, as the “girls” are popping them out like crazy. I really cannot eat that many!

The biggest reminder that I’ve had to keep at the front of my mind is to increase the fat intake, not merely the meat. The fat is so crucial to this WOE, it can be easy to forget. So, take care all - and be well!

No-veg-bear

Veg-No-go-vember

I have had no treatment advice from the doctor except for a script for some stronger anti inflammatory drugs to match my symptoms. I might take those if things get worse. The State Government looks like they will be mandating COVID vaccination for teachers with no exemptions for adverse events. Mrs Bear wants me to take curcumin tablets (concentrated turmeric root) advised by a young vegetarian alternate health practitioner who she teaches yoga with who looks like a bikini model (I think she is a bikini model) and has a mum in Israel who has been treating people with a low-fat vegetarian approach for 30 years who thinks that meat diets and ketogenic diets are inflammatory and are the likely cause of the polyarthritis or adverse vaccine reaction. I spoke to the physio who advised wrapping my sore joints (ankle and elbows) in plastic wrap and underneath was a topical heparin ointment. I know heparin as an anticoagulant to reduce blood clots. Not a good mix with the doctor’s prescription.

I think I will explore staying on plan with the ketocarnivore dietary change I made that gave me some relief. Instead of a second vacc that risks adverse effects, I’m going to request SARSCoV2 serology to assess my antibody status, and if it is adequate from the initial dose of vaccine, I won’t get the second jab (due to science) and will plan serology for 6 months time. I’m going to get out into the sunshine and keep active within my movement capacities, some yoga, and including ocean bathing. I’ll seek out some massage and acupuncture, and will get the physio to work on my shoulder that is losing range of motion and strength.

If that’s not helping I’ll seek a referral to a rheumatologist and go for the next level of investigation and tests.

What is egg waterglassing?

Water glassing is a very old (centuries) I think, way of preserving eggs far longer than refrigeration will.
3-4 qts of room temperature water. 1/3-1/2 c of hydrated lime (Lime, as in the rock - not lime the fruit), mix. It will look like thin milk. The eggs you use have to be fresh, clean and unwashed right from the chickens. Gently lower the eggs in. I stack them 3 or 4 deep. As long as they are completely covered by the water, they are fine. I put a lid on the tub, and put it in the basement, dated.
They will keep 18 months this way without refrigeration. Have not had even one go bad yet.

(Vic) #270

Dinner, grilled lamb, chicken, beef and fish

(Karen) #271

Love burnt crispy bits

(Karen) #272

He’s a beautiful isn’t he… but unfortunately not my doggo his daddy is the coach which xx

(Karen) #273

Me too … 1st November last year! Are we carnivore twins???

We are! :smiley:

I started the carnivore challenge (from being keto) on November 1st as well :steakcake::

I watched a really interesting video on this topic a few months ago. I found it fascinating!

@FrankoBear
seems SO long ago doesn’t it :slight_smile:
Cheryl and her challenge started all of this and darn I would love for her to check in but I guess that won’t go down.

for your medical, I am sorry you have no definitive spot on answer. Could truly be that jab ya took settling in your joints? Could be this or that or work stress or ?? Honestly those type of things just irk the heck out of me when I get ‘something’ I can’t place and can’t resolve very easily so I know ya feel ick about it all for ya.

I wouldn’t ‘go all plant natural and supplemental’ and I only say this cause most times they don’t work LOL but thing is, we don’t wanna live on Iburophen either and it might not even be a real inflammatory issue in a way…darn Dr didn’t send you in a good direction which is tough.

I think I would go strict strict carnivore and dump your cheese.
GO super basic in your food choices. Keep it super simple…and if you get any relief or changes then you can kinda use that as a base, but again, this whole darn thing might not even be based one bit on your food intake…something could be nailing ya the Doc didn’t hit on yet??

sorry about it all FB…I get it, just annoying as heck I am sure

@Carnivoor
nice meal pic…you got it all, even into fish LOL best it tasted fine!

-------------AND WE GOT CARNIVORE ANNIVERSARIES and that is super cool and congrats to everyone who tackle this tough plan and do so darn well and find truths in their food choices! Love it.

I have no idea. into about 5 years ago I went all in but I walked this very low carb/zc path for a bit before jumping around but I just ‘adopted’ Jan. as my year now LOL I can’t remember birthdays or holidays or dates mostly now cause I just don’t care, my darn Carni Anniv. means almost nothing either but I know I am near year 5 HA

Guys if it is OK I JUST love MEAT NOSHIN’ NOVEMBER

I just wanna nosh meat, I just caught that as a good name…so do we got it :slight_smile:

SO MY kid is a pain. Comes out around 9 saying she is hungry. I say no food, go find something and she is like come on feed me and I am like I have no food interest to cook or nothing at all and she is like come on!~ So I say go relax and let me think a bit…SO OFF I got to my smokehouse store down the road…got me a giant beef brisket. Kid at a ton of it and is happy. I ate a few big pieces but I wasn’t even hungry and hubby is eating his with eggs so now everyone is fed with alot of brisket leftover for me later.

Got steaks, shrimp, chicken and brisket. I will do easy thru food today

Errr, nosh definitely has an additional connotation in British slang these days. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I mean, if it works, we can go with it. But fair warning, I might laugh a little each time I open the thread.

omg!

nosh is a bad british slang thing

I thought that was shag :scream_cat: :clown_face:

we ain’t shaggin’ thru Nov are we with meat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sigh.
I so, so, so would eat fat for you :smiley: I so try to keep my fat as low as comfortably possible since a decade… And I still eat too much fat. But if I manage to stay very close to no-dairy minimal added fat carnivore OMAD most of the time, I may be okay on that front… :smiley: Well maybe it’s too good and I can relax ONE point at a time… Carefully…
I never ever eat too little fat (or protein). It’s something I am unable to do.

In the end, I never read back. I had some very stressful days. And I will be away for 3 days now. I packed some pork and eggs, maybe they will make even a mostly chicken thigh dinner satiating…? I will try! There is always chicken thighs, very very tasty and I can eat as many as I want but I still stop after 10 and I am very hungry at that point. But it seems fowl meat works when paired up with some substantial meat…? I just never tried such an OMAD meal.
I have circumstances and probably won’t do exactly carnivore until November except maybe tomorrow, I surely will do my best then, eating only chicken. The beef soup (the other usual huge dish at my aunt when I visit) isn’t carnivore but very tasty, I don’t think there will be a problem, I just shouldn’t add other extras.
I will use up some dairy in the last days of October but November will start super strict and I add back things if things get hard. Water, egg, meat only, that will be the start :wink: I even may try water and meat only first, I can survive such a day without temptations, right? :smiley: But the next day I want my precious eggs back! Eggs are awesome and I have a scrambled eggs phase, that’s very convenient, I just need some lard or more pork jowl… Sigh.

I haven’t the vaguest idea what nosh means, it’s unknown to me. Too tired to look it up now, maybe later. I need to pack…

(Linda ) #281

I started today off with 3 flanken ribs as the pack gets closer to the end they get skinnier lol…

2nd meal was 93/7 ground beef with sour cream and a tsp of salsa in egg white wrap(cooked in butter) I think I prob only ate half the lb but will prob eat more later.

I dont care,what name we roll with lol maybe combine your meat noshin with frankobear no vege november…and come out with "meat noshing no vege november "