OctCarniFest :)

Wow. The things one learns. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

darn it is long and crazy but I do like it…we can do combos of course with names…just like our surf and turf plates of our food…cool

@FrankoBear
sending best ZC vibes your way thru your issues ya got coming down on ya!!! It can be rough and I had some darn rough too! But we do get thru those days so hold on tight and always think what is best for you at all times, that helps if we put us first!

-------------today is leftover brisket, yum
got some NY Strips defrosting
got some chicken breast in there
got some taylor ham and bacon…ahhh, not bacon, ate a ton a bit ago and now I am bacon’d out…leave that for way later

So brisket for sure

and after…got options!

Still got wings on my mind. Will be finding me a giant mess of them and inhaling then when I can :slight_smile:

Made a ‘carby’ meatloaf for the family and usually I want ‘my egg/meat meatloaf’ but I am finding all of the sudden burger meat is a no go and not desirable…huh…another darn flip in my wants of my menu.

eh, just go with the flow thru it all, only way to handle carnivore in my eyes LOL

(Linda ) #284

I started today with 2 smaller flanken ribs but they were fattier so I added to that a sirloin steak and ate half of that.

Later I’ll eat the other half and maybe throw in some eggs to go with it.

Ive noticed I still can’t go to really lean even in one meal each time I try I end up eating 3 meals or adding in something like pork rinds…
So im going to play with it maybe it’s ok to go leaner on the type of meat and not worry about fat content.

just remember what you eat is showing you something :slight_smile: Your body is telling you

sometimes we can go leaner for a few days and do great, some days we eat 1 day leaner and GO RAV the next few so as long as we adapt and focus on what you need, you can’t go wrong :sunny:

You are changing and adapting and figuring it out but key being, never be hungry, that is a fat issue and when the body says I am hungry after that lean meal, next meal should be way more fatty. They balance each other as we gain time on this plan…and by time I mean way more months to go and years into it…we change alot. We heal so much more and I love how ya think Azi…you are finding your personal stride thru it! Super cool!

(Karen) #286

Triplets hahaha @FrankoBear is there a possibility you have fibromyalgia? My dance partner has it and it causes him a lot of distress at times and the pains in his chest and back and down his torso just come on all of a sudden and are crippling for him then they ease off and may not return for a number of days. I know fibromyalgia affects people in different ways. Just wondering?

Brunch was a 100%grassfed beef patties which was quite tasteless.

Dinner was beef salami …again nothing to right home about.

Snacked on cheese, maybe a bit too much cheese and that was mediocre too. Maybe just my taste buds. Trying to keep off salt and the pattie definitely needed salt for taste :unamused:

May have a cheese omelette shortly and perhaps gets some bacon out of the freezer… at least I will get some salt intake from that!

(Edith) #287

If the bacon is tasteless, you’ll know it’s the taste buds. :laughing::yum:

(Robin) #288

Even your symmetry is spot on!

@Karen18
sounds like you are recovering well and you are eating good too…but go get some darn good carnivore food ya really want :slight_smile: You indulge you while you rest up!!

------------------so I hit the leftover beef brisket but real fast my mouth said, wow on this rub, which was tasty the day before, but hit me as off on this meal. So I ate good bit of my brisket, dumped the rest and then fried up a NY Strip steak which was yummy.

and later I hit into some chicken breast I fried up cause I was hungry but not hungry and that leveled me off for the day.

Today I got a pk. of markdown thin cut pork chops. Price made me buy those, I don’t walk by a darn great markdown price ever, so will fry those up today.

second meal I got a NY Strip steak ready to go.

sardines might happen, kinda am getting that want of my little guys back so might pop open a tin.

Carnivore on Strong Everyone!!! We are close to a month change and wanna finish hardcore now and go into Nov. even more determined and hardcore to enjoy our lifestyle!!

@Septimius as well.

Sounds like November is our Carn-Nov-ersary! (No noshing required)

Do we know what nosh is in British slang yet?

Should we nosh or not? Is it cool to nosh as the kid’s say now as a current good thing or is it something we run from and a bad thing LOL

I have no noshin’ idea on it…weeee…

Warning: you have been warned.
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/nosh

WHOA ON THAT ONE cause I sure never heard that at all…yikes we might now not want to use that in our Nov. challenge LOL

darn this is a tad diff. then I kinda thought in a way…my brain didn’t go there…so yea, hmm, we ain’t using that…a tad too off for my carnivore tastes…I mean we love and eat the meat but this is a tad too over the top for even me HAHA

Darn FB…you thru it out there :wink: I took a step back :crazy_face:

(Linda ) #294

Todays food 1st meal sirloin steak and 3 eggs only ate half the steak
2nd meal rest of the steak and maybe some jumbo shrimp on the side

(Edith) #295

Oh, my! I was not expecting that was the meaning!

@Fangs, I guess you and I are innocent babes. :rofl:

(Vic) #296

Going to Dubai now, and thursday I go home to Belgium.
Next week I’m in the Netherlands, cheese country.
Grass fed beef is also getting popular there and is easy to get.

Grass fed beef and very old hard cheese, yum

(Robin) #297

LOL… Ok, that’s a hard no. But… it would be zero carb. Just saying.

(Robin) #298

Good grief… you poor thing. All that traveling to wonderful locations. Hang in there!

(Karen) #299

THE OXFORD DICTIONARY
Nosh
Noun
British
Food’filling the freezer with all kinds of nosh’

Verb
Eat food enthusiastically or greedily
‘You can nosh your your hearts content’

(Karen) #300

Eaten brunch of sautèd chicken n cheese

Snack of cheese

Dinner was supposed to be 3 thin steaks but there was so much gristle that I only ate 1 and a bit and the bit wasn’t very nice. Now the chicken tested okay but the steaks was tasteless again so must be the steak and not my taste buds.

Got a nice pork shoulder to slow roast tomorrow

Lads have started laying the bound gravel for the pathways. They were meant to finish today but I didn’t think they would get it all done and I was right. They are back tomorrow. At least they are not rushing and cutting corners. The planters they have built are big… they are exactly what I asked for but they look bigger lol. The compost and top soil I got from garden centre (my daughter did all the hoiking and carting about) I thought would be enough but now I think it will only fill one!!! 60 odd quids worth :astonished: think I will have to put a number of brick in the bottom to fill up some of the space!

Glad !I have been buying stuff over a long period lol spreading the cost. I haven’t bought the plants shrubs and trees yet!!! Yikes!. Just as well the stroke hit after I gave the go ahead else I may have changed my mind thinking I might need the savings for ‘living costs’

Last 3 nights have been steak with halloumi cheese dinners. Last night added in chicken liver pate. It has been cold enough to cook on the wood fire and I get a better result. There are sunny times during the days and I get outside in that.
Coffee to start the days with cream. Computer work is slow going.
NoFUN breakfast is eggs. This week with fish, mackerel or salmon, and some cheese; halloumi or Jarlsberg. The dairy fats help me chase blood ketones that make me feel better.