OctCarniFest :)

ohhh geez louise I have no clue but one way to find out HA
I feel for you on that one and gosh, let us know and remember one thing on your big fun trip coming, you can ‘taste’ easily with spices and herb combos and more on meat ya know, you don’t need anything other than one carby bite of food stuff in that area to ‘feel ya been there’ ya know and explored their food culture etc. In other words just keep that carnivore toughness you got in mind at all times and sending big safe travels to you!!

Don’t stress, cause in the end of it all you walk the food walk you want on any trip. You find the food you want to fit plan, you make it work thru menus, you ask people to change up food menus for you and most times they will LOL and the little you do kinda off carni is fine in the end, we all must live our lives in full spectrum ya know!

@Azi
see when one doesn’t change or manipulate and just eats carnivore as every meal and every day is needed by the body and one is super happy with their eating day…we change…and we flip foods and we eat less and we want this and not that fat and thing is what I am saying is the more we control the more we find ‘issues’ cause we are not letting it happen naturally but from what I see of you under Dr C and your smarts, I think you can walk a few tweaks and make it work long term for you and get results you want…something I didn’t have was that support at all and I just had to do the ‘let the plan be the faith’ in our changes and finally I got just that in a way so I think you are doing great and finding you with small changes that work for you more and not against you, but as ‘we tweak and don’t go all in uncontrolled natural’ on carni plan we find we can have issues we need to address, but like I said you got smarts to ‘feel yourself’ thru this so more power to you!!

@VirginiaEdie
yea I always said I am a super salter and my joints are stellar truly and I feel wonderful but due all to sodium, I have no clue cause I never went there on dumping it down or out so I don’t have a comparison but my body says keep the big salt so I do?? Good point on that for alot of us.

-----So had to get gas early to fill and hit my little IGA smokehouse store and darn…beef brisket came off the smoker. Bought one :slight_smile: Just ate a big ol’ hunk of brisket with the family as we just pulled meat and yumm’d thru it all but next food has to be that ribeye I need to cook or lost it so, beef brisket and ribeye to come later and more brisket? yea probably if the family don’t destroy it first HA

This is for the plane, unless they take it from me in security…

(Edith) #203

In the US we can bring food through security, just not more than 3 oz. of liquid. I’m guessing it would be similar in Europe. @Carnivoor should know. He travels a lot.

I hope you are right, I think you are, Its only I will be crazy hungry without it. Just fasting a little is just so different on carnivore, for me its almost impossible, quite painful :rofl:

Hi Edith. Yes, I took it onboard and have been aware to use my pink salt on and in my meals. I’ve also had a few salty bone broth drinks. So I have been more cognisant to add salt. But it is finger tip pinches at a time, not measured teaspoons. I’m trying to bring the salty bone broth in as a daily habit to give my joints healing building blocks.

Last night I burnt a rib eye. Poor form. Pan too hot on an electric stove. I should have cooked it on the wood fire.

Have you tried SOLE water that Dr. Al Danenberg drinks on an empty stomach each morning to maintain electrolytes and hydration on his low carb diet?

https://drdanenberg.com/hydration-bun-what-i-learned/

today is leftover beef brisket

and next meal will be a Tbone steak I defrosted

beefy day again

Keeping it super simple right now.

Bacon and eggs and xrays. Rib eye steak tonight, but I’ll cook it differently.

Generally all good news on tests. No torn ligaments. Just inflamed tendons. Some osteoarthritis and healing from previous bone injuries on xrays but no visual cancer or weird stuff. Serology for immune diseases and parasitic diseases tested all negative. Normal blood cell counts. Just inflammation blood markers are high hsCRP = 8 (normal <5). Higher HbA1C 6.0 - not abnormal to have on carnivore as red blood cells hang around longer. Fasting insulin was the highest it’s ever been at 15.

Made a new branch for the conversation:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/polyarthritis-and-pain-relief-with-nutritional-ketosis/111180

(Edith) #208

I’m too cheap to try the SOLE water. I have a 20 oz water bottle that when I fill it up, I add 1/2 teaspoon of my salt mix and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.

My salt mix is a 3:1 ratio of Himalaya salt and No Salt. I keep a jar of it on the kitchen counter ready to go.

(Linda ) #209

Have a safe trip hope you and your son have wonderful time.

(Vic) #210

So, most of the people that work in the hotel are from India. 14 persons of my current team are also from India and Pakistan.
This means I am totally surrounded by vegetairians.

By now I seem to be the talk of the day. Hiding my Carnivorous lifestyle didn’t work for long.

They totally love it and give me the best meat meals one could wish for.

Ofcourse, as always, I make shure everybody’s gets the food as per their culture and religion.

I switched to breakfast and dinner again, no more lunch for the moment.

(Linda ) #211

Today first meal I finished off yesterday’s steak plus cooked up some bacon couple extra than needed to share with the dogs…
2nd meal I think I’ll go-to the store and get more ground beef but I can’t do that til sometime after 1.pm
I weighed in this morning dropped back another pound of the gained weight making it 3lbs so far so thats an added bonus.

(Karen) #212

I reckon so long as you eat it all on the plane and if you have any leftovers just declare them honestly then if there is a problem they can just chuck them but you shouldn’t get fined because you de lard them honestly. I watch so many programmes about customs and this is usually the case. Where are you flying to?

(Karen) #213

Meals over last 2 days.

!
20211018_205233|374x500

Also yesterday I had a pub lunch of a mixed grill : 5oz rump steak, gammon steak, small 1/2 chicken fillet, 2 very small pork sausages and a fried egg.
Couldn’t get through all the plate of 3 fish.
Didn’t care much for the swordfish steaks, very bland and tasteless and the basa fillet was so so.

The crab was fresh as and really delicious.

Think that will be enough fish for this week lol. I do have the leftovers from the plate of 3 fish, there was trout (none left cos it was delish) mackerel and smoked kipper… both quite nice and I will try and finish those tomorrow cold.

The last pic was butter basted turkey.

@Karen18 The meals all look quite lean. Are you listening to your doctor about cholesterol? Glad the turkey was cooked with butter.

A while back you asked about my Mum’s skin cancer surgery where she had her nose pretty much cut off. Well, she is all healed up and the reconstructive surgeon did a really good job. At 79 years old, she doesn’t mind that the surgery resulted in a smoothing of all her wrinkles with the skin grafts and skin flaps. She looks decades younger. All Animal August---Triple A

I do like to eat a mix of seafood and red meat. Surf’n’Turf. I like the local seafood. There are some, unfortunate for them, some nice tasting wild caught species here. As well as occasionally I eat some farmed Atlantic salmon. But I find that the salmon will likely be dropped as it is intensively farmed and the feed is dubious (might be quite high in grains, or parts of heavily grain fed chickens). I don’t mind cold, cooked seafood, and I do really like raw seafood sashimi. Mrs. Bear does not like cold cooked seafood.

Broke fast with 4 pasture fed eggs scrambled, cooked in last night’s rib-eye fat, 120g mackerel mixed in. No cheese! I am out of cheese until the next shop. 2 x coffee with cream. Last night was rib-eye steak with pink salt and mineral water.

Woke up unwell again with a headache and some aches, so I did take some paracetamol and ibuprofen when I got up. Working at the computer now.

Blood glucose: 5.2mmol/L (94); blood ketones: 0.3mmol/L

Here is what I learnt about steak. The rib-eye has the Scotch fillet as it’s fillet. The Cattleman’s steak has the Porterhouse as the fillet. Where does the name “Porter House” originate?

Tonight I had a Cattleman’s steak with pink salt and sparkling rain water. There is a storm outside. It showed up this afternoon.

today is Tbone steak
then I have a good sized pack of country pork ribs to cook, gives me a good meal and also gives me stuff in fridge for another meal so I like that\

(Edith) #216

I did a massive amount of cooking on Sunday: 10 chicken thighs, 2 pounds of hamburgers, beef short ribs, and pork ribs. I will not have to cook anything most of the week. I LOVE leftovers!

(Edith) #217

Could you be oxalate dumping?

(Traci Simpson) #218

Hi Virginia - it’s Traci. I had to create a new account for some reason! Good to see you’re sticking with it.

(Edith) #219

Hi Traci! It’s funny that you just posted. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Welcome back!

(Traci Simpson) #220

Thanks! good to hear from you!!! Funny how when we first met I was KETO and you were carnivore right? I went head first into carnivore after about 8 months or so on KETO.