November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

(Liz ) #282

Cheering you on!

On hour 48 of my post-bad-girl-turkey-day fast and feeling great. I’m off to Paris in two weeks so I am thinking of doing 5/2 this and next week. I have already decided to intermittently fast while there so at least my bad girl carb intake will not overtake me completely. This self control thing is pretty neat-O. :sunglasses:

Happy you’re on the “Fast Train” Doug, I’m in for a few days…or so as well.

The stress of life has had me eating to excess and I’ve done some fasts, but still managed to gain back the weight I hoped would be gone forever. Ha!

The “keto forever” is a hard sell for me too, and I have to look at this WOE with the “one day at a time” motto. Otherwise, I may well give up and lose some of the metabolic healing I’ve been working on for many months.

Anyway, fasting, yep, here I am right with you, started Monday night and plan to keep up until…Sunday, maybe? I never lose weight on a fast and have to remind myself that this is about insulin. I can give my body a rest from all of the insulin and work toward decreasing my IR.

Here’s to getting back on the horse, huzzah!

I can see there are quite a few of us trying to squeeze in some more fasting for November, I am SO glad that you are here! It really helps just knowing that I have other keto and IF/EF folks to keep me company and share the ride.

There has been so much great information and thoughtful posts already this morning, it will help a lot as I head out into the cold and work. I’ll be bringing plenty of salt, maybe even some bullion and tea for certain. Coming up on 36 hours by 9 AM.

Best wishes to you all this morning, may fasting success be yours, and mine!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #286

Good Luck today. I’ll be ending my 96hours tonight after work, So I get to plan a few meals for the rest of the week. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but the last two nights I have not needed to sleep more than 3-4 hours a night. I just wake up and feel great.

Yes, whenever I fast, I get the sleepless nights as well. The thing is, I love to sleep and don’t like waking at 3 AM just to have to be quiet in the house and know that I have a long day ahead of me…I want to sleep!

(Doug) #288

Hey Helewisa. :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, the “one day at a time” deal is a good way to look at it.

Into day 3 of my current fast; 2 cups of coffee in the morning and that’s it. Haven’t gone to the salt or other supplements, yet, easiest fast ever.

(Dawn) #289

I am at hour 106 (4th day I think) of fasting. Once I get past day 2, I typically don’t have any more hunger issues or discomfort and I start to lose track of where I am. My fasting muscles are pretty robust at this point so fasting is almost invisible. Once i get to this point, i can cook, bake sweet treats for the family, everything and not be tempted at all. I don’t really need any salt, or broth or anything once I get to this point. Just mineral water. i also read/watch EVERYTHING I can about fasting in order to keep me motivated. =0) This is an open ended fast, so I don’t know how/why/when I will end it. Focused on some goals.

Today will be a warrior fast although I may break it a couple of hours early. That would make it 18:6 instead of a 20:4.

(Doug) #291

“Like” like mega. :smiley:

Ha! So true, Dawn. Toward the end of my first day, I had some transient food thoughts - it was Monday after all, and that’s when they practically give Margaritas away at a local Mexican restaurant… Very short duration, though; I used to have to sort of beat down thoughts of food, and it would be a battle for some minutes, but this time around it’s only 15 or 20 seconds and my brain knows to give up on it. “Not eating today,” and that’s it. Yesterday - did I even think about food? Can I make it to the end of the year without eating? (Just kidding, there.)

I can feel your peace and power. :star:

(Dawn) #292

@ourtown Can you explain what the Warrior fast is or point me to some information? I see the wname mentioned often but I don’t exactly know what it is. It sounds really interesting and like something I would like to try. Is it good for maintenance?

I do one meal per day, the time frame is circa 5:30 pm, sometimes a little later. Is usually works out to a maximum 4 hour eating window.

(Dawn) #294

thank you!

(Dawn) #295

@OldDoug Our minds are very strong. And for the first time, we are telling our bodies what to do instead of the other way around. SO YEP, if we wanted to fast until the end of the year, we could totally do it. However, let’s leave a little fun for the new year and maybe save that aggression for 2018. LOL!!! Seriously, I want to go into 2018 like a true warrior with the most difficult part of my weight loss journey behind me. So this final push is to set me up for a successful 2018.

(Donna ) #296

I ended my fast at 29 hours yesterday evening at 7pm. I’ve figured out that I really need to start my fasts in the late evening, so I’m not hitting the 28-30 hour mark during the evening. There’s so many food commercials on TV! Ugh. I’m learning that I do better to start my fast after dinner in the late evening, then I can make it through the next day, go to bed early if I feel any ‘wanna eat’ twitches, and wake up the following morning with 36+ hours under my belt. From there it’s smooth sailing.

I should really just avoid regular TV, with all its food commercials, and watch Netflix on the evenings I’m fasting. LOL

(Doug) #297

The first third of my weight loss has been easy; definitely getting harder and slower now, no surprise. I always take two weeks off over Christmas and the New Year - used to be such an orgy of indulgence in food and booze… (My wife and I still have hundreds of bottles of wine…) Getting older is slowing me down, and over Thanksgiving I didn’t really want the sweet stuff all that much. Well not as much as in years past; still ate a bunch of it. Slowly turning.

(Doug) #298

Hahahahahaa!! :smile: :neutral_face: True, Donna. It’s like reading the “What did you eat today?” thread for me - ouch…

Agreed that there’s often a best time for us as individuals to begin a fast.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #299

Hello, my Fast Family! Will catch up later! I’ve been busy, and I’ve also been good!

BPC Fasting today. Meetings and all…

Wishing you all a fabulous day!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #300

I made it 96 hours. This is a first for me. Did a few 24hours, a couple of 72hour and now 96! Ended it with some riced cauliflower and chicken. OH, and a glass of wine to celebrate.

(Doug) #301

Good job, Rusty - making a real difference. :slightly_smiling_face: It keeps getting easier.