Ecstasy I MEAN Hollandaise

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Homemade Hollandaise

Squeeze 1 tablespoon juice out of a fresh lemon. Put it in your immersion blender cup with four egg yolks. Mix slightly. Add salt, and a pinch of cayenne and white pepper.
Melt 1/2 cup (4 oz) butter in a glass measuring cup. Melt slowly. It should be very warm, but not so hot you cannot put your finger in it. (this is my secret temping method, lol)
Now. Here’s the trick. SLOWLY add the melted butter in a constant stream WHILE the blender is running. The result should be a thick yellow decadent sauce the consistency of thickened cream.
My sauce in this photo had cooled slightly and was MUCH thicker as a result.

Tonight there will be hollandaise
Not seeing results
(James storie) #2

I’m trying this when I get home!

(Arlene) #3

This is so close to making mayo, I suspect it would work with just one whole egg as well, though the flavor would certainly be different. Thanks for this easy method for Hollandaise. I have wanted an easy hollandaise recipe for some time. Gonna try it today.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Add some finely chopped tarragon and you got yourself Bearnaise Sauce, perfect with any steak ever grilled.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

I call this the bearnaise cheat. I love to make bearnaise the more technical way by leaving out the lemon, and substituting a champagne/dry white wine reduction that has shallots and fresh tarragon.

TO DIE FOR

(Bacon for the Win) #6

bookmarking this thread for a later date. Thanks!