New Year 2018 fast?

(Becky Searls) #1

Hey friends! I’ve been a little MIA around here for a few months…my keto resolve has also weakened, go figure! I am thinking it would be great to start off the new year with an extended fast to shake off the holidays and remind myself how good it feels to be in ketosis (and in control!) -my longest fast to date is 6 days so I’d love to go 7…but we’ll see what my body feels like. Usually around 48 hours I get really hyper/jumpy and stop sleeping well, so it might not happen. Still-if anyone would like to start an extended fast with me, please join in!!

January 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

My thoughts exactly, I’ve been in fat fast mode today in preparation! Not sure if I’m just doing the week which is what I usually do or going until I’m under 200 (can’t break it) but either way I’m in!

(Becky Searls) #3

Great!! I too am hoping for some fat / weight loss to kickstart moving in a downward direction :slight_smile:

Ditto - I’m in!
A bit of holiday munching/feasting - no regrets but since the 26th getting ready for fasting. Plan on starting later tonight. I have done one 7 day fast - day 1-3 the toughest, after it went well. Have a pre-holiday stall I want to break too.

(Becky Searls) #5

Welcome!

(Andrew) #6

I don’t sleep well the first day or two but then I’m out like a light. Then up at 5am. I take a little Mag before bed.

(Michael ) #7

I was considering starting tonight too. Not sure about 7 days. I will shoot for 5 and see how it goes. Eating a bunch of protein and fat now in preparation

(brian) #8

Sounds like a great idea!

(Andrew) #9

I didn’t want to hit the grocery store so I started Weds pm. Day 4.

Thank you for the nudge. A perfect way to start the year. My longest fast was six days so I would like to go longer. Maybe 10? Happy fasting!

(Marie Dantoni) #11

Thought I would be the only one starting tonight, but it looks like fasting party now.
I’m shooting for 3 days maybe longer.

I was going to start January first, but decided no reason to wait and started December 26th.

(Cailee) #13

I would like to do my first ever 5 days! I’ve only been able to get to 3 before something comes up. Maybe I’ll go to 7! Either way Count me in. :blush:

(Meegan S) #14

Been really considering and am in full keto now, longest gast was 3 days previously…

(Kelly ) #15

Hoping to hang with you all, I’ve done several 7-10 day fasts…45 pounds lost…shooting for a 21 day this time. (Weight loss and health)
I’m new here so I hope I can find the thread again.
Any help will be appreciated.:blush:

(Annette) #16

I’ll play with you. I actually started Thursday so am winding up Day 3. Probably going to end on Day 5 with supper on Tuesday. (Tuesdays are impossible fast days for me. Long story.) I will start again after Tuesday’s supper and continue until Sunday morning.

(Becky Searls) #17

Ha! Nice! Currently eating hard boiled eggs and almonds!!

(Becky Searls) #18

I would love to hear your story! I have various impossible data too and it helps to hear others’ challenges!!

(Annette) #19

Becky, I “help” my 89-year-old mother Monday through Wednesday each week (often longer). It’s difficult to get her to eat other than cookies and candy so it doesn’t work for me to not have supper with her to set an example (lol). On Mondays and Wednesdays I am able to tell a lie about having already eaten, etc.

(Darlea Marneedi) #20

I completed 90 hours Friday, starting n a 42 hr fast Monday afternoon. 90 was tough for me so i decided to do 42hrs once a week in conjunction with my daily 18/6.