MOOvember Carnivore

just a heads up we are Carnivore thread. No veggies on our lifestyle.
We don’t ever eat Keto breads and more. We are 100% animal protein only. So it might be easier to chat in a Keto thread if you need keto help on your plan? Wishing you the best to get unstuck :slight_smile:

------------------so here is my food from yesterday
image000000%20(32)
image000000%20(33)

those pork chops were big so that filled me fast.
that burger is little over 1/3 lb. was gonna make more but when I got it out I found it not that appealing so I kept it smaller sized which was good cause those 2 big chops set me well. Plus I did eat 6 salami slices later after that burger meat so all good.

ZC on everyone.

Yep, we don’t eat keto breads. We eat carnivore breads! Well, only me :slight_smile: 100% egg sponge cakes, I couldn’t do carnivore (or even low-carb) without them :smiley:
(99.7% if I add salt. But I eat it with other, salty things so I only do that when I desire salt more than usual.)
It’s soft and lovely and eggy, I spread things on it and eat it with cheese or almost anything! Crispy when freshly made…

I ate 7 yesterday (I makee them in a muffin mold). It takes a little work to make them (whipping the whites and yolks separately) so I try not to eat the batch of 12 right away… I focus on meat more now anyway.

Yes, I managed to keep my yesterday almost-OMAD (IF 22/2 not counting a really tiny amount of cream in my coffees)! I did feel not completely satiated around midnight but I just drank some more coffees, it doesn’t help with hunger but I wasn’t hungry, didn’t NEED food, just was a bit mentally restless about food due to lack of perfect satiation. It if makes sense. And I really didn’t want to eat so consumed something else. But then I used water too, I was thirsty anyway. And went to bed.

Now I am perfectly satiated. It’s almost noon so it can be expected, this midnight thing was probably just mental and I got distanced from it. (If I go to bed hungry - I did it once - , I wake up hungry and miserable and not well slept. I never do that again. I am sure it wouldn’t end well.)

Glad you enjoyed it. :grinning:

No dairy - I haven’t had milk, cream, cheese etc in over 2 years.

I make my own ghee and use that instead of butter. I did that exclusively for the first 18 months or so, and in the last 6 months I’ve drifted back to including butter as well. I also render my own tallow for more fat.

I may add dairy over the next few weeks as I am trying to cure myself from the after-effects of an illness. I’ve already had to add in things that I wouldn’t normally (lots of organs and seafood and broth, and then swapping these for supplementing with some vitamins).

It’s all still carnivore. I detailed a bit in this thread: Ongoing Digestive Issues

But if I hadn’t been unwell, I wouldn’t be considering dairy - as I was happy the way I was.

(Elizabeth) #47

Sorry, didn’t realize I’d found my way from Keto to here. :v:

(Robin) #48

No worries. Keto folks are our BFFs!
See you on their threads.
Welcome!

Yesterday I had an important meeting for my ongoing employment. After it was done. I had stress eating cravings.

I had prepared for the meeting by eating 4 eggs scrambled with bacon. The coffee I had was terrible. Made by a couldn’t-careless barista. Fruity and bitter. Not a good start. Then I met a Persian barber who knew how to tame a wild beard. Kids, small ones, were confusing me with Santa.

After the meeting I had the adrenaline and cortisol induced cravings. I walked into a supermarket. Junky carbs circled me like sharks. Y’all know the psychological manipulative terrain of a suburban supermarket. I got through the maze and got out of there as quick as possible. I ended up buying and eating half a kilo (18oz) of carnivore food (meat and fish), it was half and half of smoked salmon and roasted chicken breast. I drank down some mineral water afterward.

Then I had a work exhibition event in the evening in a bar setting. All the other staff were into the bad stuff you get at bars, I don’t have to explain it here. I had two large soda waters and scooped the citrus wedge out of the glass. I viewed the exhibition, made small talk, dealt with drunk colleagues, and left. And it left me wondering if I have become a teetotaller? Looking at friends intoxicating themselves reminded me there is no such thing as free booze. Payments are going to be made. I’m not socially anxious. So I don’t need the chemical looseners. I am aware of a drinking culture that doesn’t interest me. I did all that harm when I was a uni student.

Finally at home I had some left over, cold, baked beef ribs. I enjoyed them bathed in the laser hot gaze of a drooling Labrador.

Carnivore mission accomplished.

Amen to that…we do have options to include :slight_smile: so true!!

@Septimius, so sorry on that continuing issues that are just a true hit to our health. they ‘say long’ covid effects are getting others and I hope you clear to better health sooner than later. Just a massive unknown in the life mix we are never sure of how it nails us ya know.

@FrankoBear, zc clarity to the rescue! but then we do have to fight the ‘I deserve’ BS brain crap and I so get that! been there many times and still have to fight the battle on some days but ya know…you did SO FAB in not going over the ledge! More zc power to you and while the day and meeting and work were unaccomplished in any fulfillment, one thing ya did, stayed true to the lifestyle you feel best on and that to me is the best darn time of your entire day my friend! Pat on the back for sure!!

Yea, when we see what it ‘used to be’ on others with the booze and more and then we gotta deal with it sometimes it kinda makes it all more icky doesn’t it? Thinking I used to be that or close to it ya know and I think, feel for the poor sods that had to ‘deal with me’ back in the day :slight_smile: At my age now and my health journey I can’t get into handling anyone else’s addictions in a way. I am so over it but when I read what you wrote it hit home with me in many ways! Many old thoughts and many total new changes how I wanna live ya know! Great post!!

-------------today not sure
did not sleep but 4 hrs last night. bed at 2 and up at 6. Just not tired. weird. I was SO full of energy which to me mostly means I didn’t use up good energy in my day. Clogged head leaving so that is good, moving a bit slow in a way and doing nothing fun, more like all chores, ugh, as we all know and hate like vacuum and dusting and more, bleck…in the end I kinda hit night time with a feeling of a day that just ‘was off’. Got icky rainy misty type gray weather. boo! :frowning: throw me some big sun please!! Shout out to the universe cause I need it! :sunny:
another sigh and bleck HA

so got me some taylor ham to eat first with a small NY Strip steak.
holds me til dinner which I think I am going at chicken or burger again. call it later.

simple, easy, kinda don’t care what I eat right now ya know so all good, but even if I don’t care on what to eat, I best eat well for me as I need.
tin of sardines is kinda sounding more yummy now too :wink:

I have a few things right like I never desire carbs when I am stressed or down or something.
If I am VERY stressed (it doesn’t happen every decade), I may even stop eating for a while. Or rather eat very little.
But I normally want my normal food.
I go off due to different reasons.
Actually, when I am unwell, the last thing I want is carbs as they aren’t good for me.
My self control is already negligible, it still easily gets ruined a bit but not by much… But my interests don’t change. They change due to something else, not my mood and stress level.

And it’s even better when I am in my dedicated carni month.
I soooo need this now. You don’t know about my summer and autumn and I don’t remember well but it was way too carby. Sure, I did plenty near carni days and I probably kept improving and I don’t think I got sugar poisoned this year (it may be my memory but a serious case is memorable) but still. I can do better.

I even can do better than this week, some condiments and my tinned fish isn’t good enough even for me. Next week I do it stricter and I keep my dairy lower too. No cream for next week and as little cheese as I can do it comfortably. It’s not hard, I just chose the easy way this week. No coffee if possible too. Of course I went back to coffee in the morning and night again… I don’t care about it much this week but I should get my stuff together next week! And of course, a tiny eating window, it’s probably the most important thing for me as I can’t stay much from carnivore anyway.

And I should stop thinking about food too, I know.

We have rainy weather for the rest of the week. At least it’s good honest rain, the soil needs it, the rivers and ponds need it. Much better than the fog. I still want sunshine but I got some this week so I won’t be super low energy due to the weather for a little while.

The house is cooling. Next week we might start heating. But it’s already November, it’s already pretty good… We actually heat already as we use the dehumidifier a lot. The air is very humid since weeks, not always but usually. And it’s not cold enough outside so airing the house doesn’t help.

The chickadees started to visit the bird feeder regularly. They get walnuts now but we have some sunflower seeds from last year as well. They love them both but they aren’t the choosy kind anyway. We get those bird balls for them too if we can get it for an okay price (they can get quite pricey at some places and at that point the birds would cost more than the cats. it depends if we get 3 woodpeckers too or not :smiley: they take the ball apart very quickly).
I hope we will get some cute species again. I mean, rare ones, we have big tits and blue tits all the time :slight_smile: And a woodpecker isn’t a rarity either. And of course sparrows who were so very lame in the beginning, they couldn’t stay on the ball… But they learned. But when I use only the feeder, they sit inside and eat for a while. While the chickadees (who politely grab a piece of food and fly away with it) goes crazy around… But I only could do that kind of feeder from a plastic bottle (I need to get out the resident spider every spring)…

Mmmm, bird watching, I love that. Hummingbird and butterfly watching in summer and autumn, bird watching in winter, my kitchen window is great. The other window is good too, Alvaro saw a goldcrest or some close relative not long ago! I only saw long-tailed tits but I love them too. Such lovely little balls (with a huge tail)!

I start to get hungry and in the normal, annoying way, I even get the “need fuel” signs (weakness, dizziness). Sigh. It’s only 2pm but what can I do? I will eat with Alvaro soon. He goes to a meeting with his old classmates! It must be 25 years… He didn’t see them since ages and he got curious. He is in top money sparing mode (he is very serious about the month not being in the negative) so he won’t eat or drink anything but he won’t need it, he eats lunch at home and he will surely eat something late in the evening when he arrives home.

Today is pork chuck roast day, yay! Guesstimation says 134g protein for yesterday, that’s very good, I want the same for today (and for every day, basically except the inevitable occasional days with much more). It seems to work for me when I can pull it off.

I try to be scarce for a while but we know my track records. It’s probably the exciting beginning of my carni November but I just can’t help myself. It’s bad, I should do other things.

I will be quick this time! I had lunch and I just hope it will be OMAD. Tricky with lunch…
It was an elongated meal but fit into one hour.

Not in the photo: my eggy, creamy big coffee (I had zilion smaller creamy ones too) and half tin of herring.

Just over 120g protein and less fat, it’s a bit low-cal but after my last meals it’s not impossible that it will be enough though my meal was early so I don’t trust that too much. But it happened before.

About 535g meat, skin and fat tissue (but mostly meat, 50g fish, the rest is pork as usual), a bit above 3 eggs, 21g cheese (5g very aged one), 20ml cream. Nothing extraordinary.

It was enjoyable but I drop this tinned fish, a bit carby, not tasty and I can do better and cheaper.

(Karen) #53

A better night’s sleep last night though still wakeful but I got over an hour deep sleep which was just a bit shorter that the awake times. That I can do. Did 50 stair runs for my 20min cv day. Then outside for a brew n read. My BP was down again this morning, can’t remember if i mentioned I guessed it had risen on Wednesday at the tea dance as I had got so frustrated with the organiser. It was still high yesterday morning 153/87 but this morning 126/61 much better. I really have to watch my stress levels through being frustrated by people. I’m not blaming the guy, I am looking to myself for coping mechanisms when in these situations. Learning you know, definitely not passing the blame :wink:

So I decided to ask Raymond if he wanted to come with me to the tea dance today and he did… didnt really need to ask the question, just thought even if he can’t dance too much we have lots of friends there who he can chat to and that in itself would be uplifting for him. Well we had a lovely afternoon and he did some dancing, a bit with trepidation at first but did so well. Not sure quite how he will be tomorrow but he didn’t damage his groin again and thats the main thing.

Was pretty hungry when I got home this early evening and had a little bit of cheese while I hung up my washing and then cooked 2 chicken burgers which smelt nice before I cooked them but just tasted processed when they were cooked. Had to put loads of butter on them and they almost gave me indigestion. Yuk, not sure I will bother with the other 2 in the pack. I will finish off the chicken breast with a bit of mayo later. It had been my first meal of the day so I was disappointed it wasn’t tasty.

Yay for Raymond! :slight_smile: It’s good he could even dance and it went well :slight_smile:

Alvaro asked me if I want to socialize, i.e. chatting with his Mom while he meets his ex-classmates. Nope, I talked a few mins with people less than a month ago, I really don’t feel I am ready for that again (and I had a short phone call as well). I am some weirdo, online chatter hermit thing.
I probably will change but lately I am in my “let me alone, world” state.

But I wondered today about the previous years… Singing in the choir, going to the little kids and to the old/disabled home (sorry don’t know the term)… Everywhere liked us and made tiny gifts and they did something too… And we practiced so much. It was nice. Now there is this emptiness in the place of the choir and I don’t even use my keyboard. Or sing at home alone. I am a bit social with certain things, drawing is like that too, I always was enthusiastic only if I could show it for others or I did it with others together (not the same pic, I did roleplaying with little drawings). I just don’t sing and rarely draw something even a bit serious all alone.
Programming was different. Once I made a little game for myself :smiley:

It’s 8pm now and it’s far from my bedtime but it seems my biggish lunch was enough for today… Yay!

(Megan) #55

This made me grin.

Last trip to the supermarket was very late afternoon and I hadn’t eaten yet. Sat in the car after I’d finished and ate some of the rotisserie chicken I’d bought. Had to laugh. So different from what I used to eat in the car after grocery shopping!

I’m almost holding my breath now when I walk through the fruit and veg section. It’s weird. The smell is now awful to me.

Yesterday was my Dad’s birthday. He died in 2013 at a young 76 years old. His final year a lesson in type3 diabetes and dementia. A lesson to avoid it as much as possible. Reminds me I still haven’t done genetic testing for APOE4. I had a memorial bench installed at a nice public open space overlooking the ocean in the suburb where we lived. Dad was cremated and his ashes scattered. So, no grave or headstone. Soon after his demise, about a year of looking into it and getting past the initial disbelief, I went low carb.

Yesterday I sat on the bench for a few minutes wondering if in an afterlife, if we have our health restored? Or, if my Dad is wandering demented and confused? That was enough imaginative, magical thinking for the day. Post-existential thinking doesn’t fill much of my day. Billie the Labrador ran around on the open space. Blue sky, sunshine, blue ocean, green grass and dog friends.

Then we grabbed a good coffee and drove back to the countryside for 3 hours to find Mrs. Bear unable to talk with a very bad sore throat and a cold. No positive COVID tests, that’s positive.

It was scrambled eggs in butter with mackerel at about 2pm. A salty beef bone broth cuppa during the afternoon. Then 2 lamb chops and a slice of pan-fried halloumi cheese for dinner. 2MAD.

Fresh country air and a night of bright moonlight. Slept well woke refreshed. This morning is beautiful with blue skies and that sunshine that @Fangs ordered got delivered here.

We are getting to the end of the Spring wildflower orchid season on our woodland block. There are still some pink fairy orchids, they last the whole season. The orange donkey orchids have finished, they are the early orchids. The bright (daffodil) yellow cow’s lips orchids have also finished their season. We now have the tall stemmed dark red and green spider orchids on show in the little sunny glades. It’s important to lay down on the ground and notice them. Lying around under orchids looking at the sky is a worthy pursuit, I think.

Getting up and down off the ground is yoga in my book.

(Karen) #57

Oh Mr Bear your dad will be running around like a spring chicken in Heaven, a body restored and renewed. You really need to read the book Heaven is for Real, it was enough for me to be reassured about my loved ones who have passed over. Not that I particularly needed any reassurance as I have a huge faith that has got me through many adversaries in my life. We still need to look after ourselves in the here and now though. Jus keep believing. :heart:

I know this feeling. Stinks huh :slight_smile: We don’t eat all that much in variety etc so that means to me I always want my best meat meals for sure on my plate!

YAY for Raymond. Hope he continues to heal well! You need your dancing sidekick!

@FrankoBear, hope Mrs B gets better. Alot of icky going around out there.

I prefer to think of us as becoming pure energy out there in the universe. Free from all physical aspects so we are just pure joy and pure health and pure cosmos :slight_smile:

So my order got delivered to your side of the planet did it? OK time to rant at the delivery service cause we sure don’t have that nice sunshine. 80% rain all thru the day. gray misty ick…boo…

------------------so here is food for the day.
big ribeye steak defrosting as I type.
pork loin, about 1.1 lbs I think. might eat all or 1/2, we shall see, not like it matters :wink: I eat all I want when I want so play by usual appetite for me.

image000000%20(34)

have to hit store with kiddo. time for new hair dye color. blue to pink to dark purple red and now she wants? who knows LOL She is SO close to getting her drivers license…oh yea. She is a great driver luckily. Drove farm trucks already, a few tractors, the golf cart and more so she is fine on that. No issues here. Life moving on…kid in diapers, now kid driving car. Where did that time go? :sunny:

For a long while on low-carb (I pretty much quit overprocessed stuff), our monthly big shopping was the time when I (not always, that would have been too frequent but sometimes) bought some wafer. I LOVE crispy and crunchy things and wafer is amazing and I can’t make it! (I always planned to get a wafer maker but it only makes wafers and one can live without them and I can spend my money better so I never bought it.)
It was a significant part of my rare added sugar eating. And I didn’t want the sugar, I wanted the wafer but pure wafer isn’t tasty enough…
Sometimes milk chocolate tempted me as well. Another thing I couldn’t make on keto.

Oh. We always visit that, of course, Alvaro needs them. I love looking at those things myself, I still like them, I just don’t want to eat most of them anymore :slight_smile: We might have broken up due to me realizing it wasn’t good for me but it was still an enjoyable relationship that I think back fondly on.

And my OWN fruit plants are my darlings. The actual season is lovely (no need for canning! I got so bored of that this year and it wasn’t even a too tiresome year. that was 2019 with 120 big jars from a single tree), I like having those beautiful fruits, I just don’t feel the slightest desire to taste them yet. I surely will in the very end, just one I suppose, no way I don’t have any of my own fruit but I don’t want it. I just enjoy their existence.
Am I weird? Not like I care… :upside_down_face:

Vegs are different, they are just pretty objects to me. Even if I try them, they are meh in the best case and slightly bad tasting in the worst so I don’t try them. 2022 was the year when I lost onions and tomatoes. Even if I will eat some in the future, it will be just inevitable part of a meat or egg dish we make for both of us. Not long ago I actually liked having them.
But I always stay away pretty much from vegs since I tried carnivore (with some rare exceptions). I don’t have this with basically anything else, well that IS weird. I add any food groups when I go off but vegs… But as those were my problem items carb wise, it’s good. (Except the adding anything part but I am working on it. Staying on carnivore is the best way so I do that extensively in the next several months :).)

@FrankoBear: I wish a quick recovering for Mrs Bear! And while I am a pretty firm believer of reincarnation as things don’t make sense without it, if there is an afterlife (well there is even when one reincarnates, it just takes longer), it would be too cruel to stay ailed. So I am with @Karen18 regarding that. Maybe I am too positive but I just CAN’T believe in some cruel force that makes us suffer forever. Forever used not literally, I actually wondered that even if we have immortal souls, what happens after all the matter in the universe disappears (no problem, we aren’t matter) or if the Big Crunch comes…
But if we are souls, we can just have our own timeline, even pocket universe or whatever… My views about these things were always so tiny as I barely can depend on anything when trying to figure things out. Maybe it’s not even possible with my current human limits influencing my thinking.

By the way, I finished The Three-Body Problem series, it escalated in the end… I had multiple problems with it but it was interesting at many points…

It’s just after noon here, I am cooking a soup :slight_smile: Yum. I started early, I give a long time to get a lot from the bones. But it has meat too. And salt and water and nothing else. But it’s pork, chuck at that so it will be tasty. I so love simplicity.
Alvaro will cook his own soup, that has plenty of vegs and water and salt and nothing else…
His Mom is in-between, vegs and meat both. (Those are pretty good. Whatever left from my vegetable liking, it’s her soups. My veg soups never were that good and I didn’t mix meat and vegs.)

Erm, sorry, try to talk about only carni food from now on :slight_smile: I get my plant and mushroom fix elsewhere. There is a YT channel where a guy travels the world and eats the fruits everywhere and analyzes them, it’s very enjoyable for me.

(Karen) #60

Uh if only … Raymond is suffering today and back on crutches. But I have stopped nagging him and treating him as a child and as I told him yesterday, he thinks he knows his own body and says he feels good well from now on its entirely up to him, who am I to say he’s ready or not ready. Perhaps he will now realise there was something in what I say … when you feel good give it another week to make sure! Ha! We had a lively afternoon and we will have more … given time! We have the old grey day here today after yesterday’s lovely weather. One day sun next day miserable but thats to be expected on our dot of an island lol.
Meat looks great. I have some lamb in the slow cooker for later which better taste good after yesterday’s disastrous food!
I can relate to your kiddo, I was always changing my hair colour as a teenager but now tend to just stick with black. I did go through lockdown thinking I would grey up gracefully but uhh it was drab and after my stroke it made me feel I looked so old and started colouring it again, didn’t half lift me up again. I am still waiting for the carnivore reversal where the grey is concerned but although I think it has slowed down it certainly hasn’t stopped coming through :roll_eyes:

Oh yea we can’t stop aging gray but we can slow it down for sure :slight_smile: My gray is coming in a tad darker in my ‘normal mousey brown/blond’ icky color so yea I keep coloring to my blond I want :slight_smile: I think you are smart, that ‘lift’ we need thru something so simple as a hair color is worth every penny of the work we do to keep it nice…it does empower us for sure!!

Sorry on Raymond. Ya know tell him he ain’t NO spring chicken anymore LOL It takes alot of time to heal a groin pull type injury for a young one, so at our ages we have to think longer but darn if we don’t wanna boogie down with others and get on with life ya know so he pays the piper on that one :wink: as we all kinda have done when told ‘to heal’ longer before ya do anything HA

K you came thru so much, you are a zc rockstar and a great survivor and one who is willing to adapt and change in their lives and I find ya a big inspiration and a great internet chat friend that can show me we can get thru it all…one day at a time. Love your posts, not a doubt on that one for me!

Oh poor Raymond :frowning:

I would accept that… No sunshine almost ever is so much worse! But I am still fine after the sunshine maybe 2 days ago…? I am bad with time.

Alvaro had a late lunch for him (considering it’s Saturday) at 2pm. I was fine, baked my sponge cakes… And then I got hungry too so I had pork soup with lovely pork chuck meat. And it wasn’t enough so some sponge cakes with cheese too. Yum.
I realized that with my cream gone I can’t make Alfredo sauce yet. Later then. I made sure Alvaro is aware that I want from that good parmesan-like cheese too. I only had 5g this far but I can’t eat it in slices, it’s for flavoring, it’s so rich and hard and dry. I like half-hard cheese with my sponge cakes like a young Gouda.

(Michael) #63

Breakfast today
4 oz raw testicles, 7 oz beef heart, 1 oz mussels, 2 oz spleen with a slice of cheese inside, 1 oz beef and chicken livers, 3 oz thymus and 2.5 oz clams. A first for me!!