Mike's Keto 20% Vanilla Yogourt

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

Ingredients:

1. 60 grams: Liberté Méditerranée Plain 10% Yogourt
  2. 23 grams: Dairyland 33% Whipping Cream
  3. 10 grams: Nutiva Organic MCT Powder
  4.   7 grams: ON Gold Standard Vanilla Casein

Preparation: Thoroughly mix and stir the ingredients in a bowl. Enjoy!

Nutrition Information per 100 grams:
Fat 20 gr / Protein 7 gr / Carbs 2 gr / Calories 223

If you can eat only 100 grams of this you have a hell of a lot more self-control than I do! :yum:

PS: in case anyone is interested the macros for this are:

• fat:protein grams 2.78
  • fat:protein calories 6.25
  • carb:totals grams 7.27%
  • carb:totals calories 3.93%

Note: the carb ratios are based on total solids, ie 29 grams.

A Greek Yogurt that's actually Low Carb? RE: Two Good
Is full fat yogurt keto?
My Keto Balance Chart. Is it Okay?
No longer feeling Euphoria on Keto
Add fat to yogurt
Protein quantity
Keto “ratio” yogurt
Is this keto?
Too much food
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Update. I recently (about 6 months ago) modified my recipe to match my current macros:

1. 100 grams: Liberté Méditerranée Plain 10% Yogourt
  2. 11.6 grams: Dairyland 33% Whipping Cream
  3. 10 grams: Nutiva Organic MCT Powder
  4. 9.2 grams: AllMax Vanilla Casein

PS: in case anyone is interested the macros for this are:

• fat:protein grams 2.00
  • fat:protein calories 4.50
  • carb:totals grams 10.69%
  • carb:totals calories 6.13%

PPS: The new mix actually works out to only 16.5% fat, so I’ll be modifying it a bit to get it back up to 20%.

Some general questions
(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Sounds like a good recipe.

But I can’t resist pointing out that your title is ambiguous. I wouldn’t want yoghurt that was only 20% keto, nor yoghurt that was as much 20% vanilla, lol! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

P.S.—Are there any concerns with scaling this recipe? For example, if I started with 454.54 g of yoghurt and adjusted everything else proportionately, should I expect any trouble?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

Thanks! ‘Mike’s Keto’… is my title intro to this and several other recipe topics, so that I can search quickly for them when I want to find one or the other. I think a little ambiguity is good for the soul. :smirk:

I don’t see any issues scaling up. I frequently double it and it tastes exactly the same. The only problem is with the keto aspect. As it scales up the carb count increases very fast. Even at 2x the carbs are already nearly half my daily max. The only other potential issue is the Nutiva MCT powder which is very expensive. I’ve found generic MCT powder at Bulk Barn for significantly less cost, but don’t know if the composition matches Nutiva or is close enough not to matter. Likely close enough.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

I’m perfectly happy with ambiguity, just so long as it’s absolutely clear that we are being ambiguous. :grin:

What I’m thinking is to pre-mix an entire container of yoghurt all at once, then portion it out into individual servings as needed, so I’ll do the calculations for the entire batch, then see what an individual portion comes to after mixing. Thanks for the warning!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #7

I haven’t mentioned it in my list of ingredients. But I add salt, specifically 1 gr of my Real Salt and NoSalt mix per 100 grams of yogourt. I find it tastes a bit bland without. That’s to my taste, so you’d likely want to adjust to your taste pref, especially if you convert the entire container.

(Bob M) #8

Lately, I’ve been eating zero percent fat greek yogurt with added collagen, usually with a small amount of coconut flakes and some chocolate chips. Low fat, high protein. No ideas on macros, since I never measure anything.

I was doing that too with the Kirkland yogurt, except I was mixing in a little collagen powder and cocoa powder.