Is full fat yogurt keto?

(Rina) #1

Is it allowed on the keto diet? Usually yogurt has about 7-10g of carbs per cup. Does it usually kick people out of Ketosis? I don’t have a keto reader so I really don’t know.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

Keep net carbs at 20g or less and you should stay in ketosis. If you eat yogurt at 10g net carbs, you need to eat very low carb the rest of the day. Once you’re fat adapted you can experiment to determine your personal net carb limit while staying in ketosis.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

I was eating it for a while. It was 7 g carbs per cup, no sugar added. If you count it toward your daily carb count and continue as usual, it should be fine. I don’t measure ketones either, just measure and scale. It didn’t effect me one way or the other but I’ll admit, it’s hard to eat without artificial sweetener or something to make it tasty, so that’s why I don’t anymore.

(Jack Bennett) #4

It’s probably “keto enough”, depending on your goals. If you use a couple of tablespoons in a recipe or dressing, I wouldn’t personally worry about it. If I were going to eat a cup or two I’d probably check the label to add up the carb grams. (Well, tbh I check the label anyway by habit, even if I’m using only a spoonful.)

('Jackie P') #5

I didn’t eat yogurt at all when I first started Keto as I thought it was too high in carbs, but then I read that a good yogurt with live bacteria is actually much less than the label. The bacteria eat at least half the carbs. I have a couple of tablespoons with a tablespoon of cream :yum: delicious!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

(Patricia) #7

Two Good yogurt has 2 net carbs. Somehow they found a way to remove most of the milk sugar. It’s very tart so I add some Crystal Light to it. Also, it’s low fat, so I stir in some MCT oil.