Meat MAYham

so someone got back to me a week later after reading it and they said there’s no reputable scientific sources to back up a lot of the claims in the book, and there are many medical journals that can refute some of the claims as well…and they’re like “if there are 100 expert researchers and 99 of them agree on everything but 1 doesn’t then it’s likely that 1 is probably wrong” and so categorizing the “1” as us carnivores

oh my that is interesting, very very interesting someone actually read it to ‘debate’ you about it.

Well throw back a 1 liner.

Not one carb from any plant on this planet is required by the body for survival at all. Not one carb from plant matter is needed by the body thru absolute undisputable known science fact.

if the physical body requires not one carb from plants for life survival and only requires protein and fat for any survival, and meat protein is superior to plant protein anyway---------why would our bodies allow that if it was not meant to live without carbs?

I would have them research THAT and get back to me HAHA

Well so many of us ain’t dead yet and we feel better than before and we are thriving and healing and getting younger by the day eating this plan, just ask many thousands who are 20+ years doing this program and are flourishing, not floundering…so…facts are thru true experiences also.

surprised tho someone did read it still HAHA

(KevinDV8) #143

I love the science behind this truth, that it really is about the carbs and not the calories.

I heard Ally on The Biggest Loser say that Fruit Loops are better for you than Shredded Wheat because of the calories. This was before her 100+ pound loss and subsequent regain like all but one of the contestants.

(Vic) #144

Hihi, just took the book and counted the references, there are 748 references to scientific papers and articles in the back of the book.

Here is a thing,

You can’t argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat ya with experience. :grin:

To be honest, I’m done with listening to anyone when it comes to nutrition. I read books on carnivore, veganism and junkfood alike, took my own conclusion and self experimented.

Now I’m a healthy, fit, skinny, painless, happy man with a massive eating disorder (according to some).

I’m proud of it.

What a wonderful Mother’s day, despite working 7-3!! As I was getting ready for work, after I posted on here, hubby disappeared briefly into the basement. He reappeared minutes later with a beautiful plant combo, and a 6qt InstaPot . That was quite a send off, as I went to work. When I got home, my 3 youngest kiddos were there. The youngest had made an adorable homemade card, and informed me that she bought me an Iphone. All the kids HATE my Samsung, so the littlest one decided it was time. She’s been planning this for months, apparently. It arrives in a few days.
The oldest daughter is my rock hunter/mining guru expert, and made a picture frame from all the little agates she’s collected - and put a pic of the two of us in it. The youngest son gave me a lovely card from he and his girlfriend, a bottle of champagne and a new coffee mug. The husbie cooked steaks, etc. I had 2 porterhouse and butter. Glorious!

I sure hope all you mamas out there had a wonderful day, too! I am dying to test out that instaPot!!! What cut of meat to cook first?

reading that fruit loops beats shredded wheat for food curled my toes LOL I didn’t know that Ally gained back the weight, I had to go and search the net and yes she did. wow. I knew alot of them gained back but for some reason I thought she held on, nope, the low kcal/low fat kill yourself exercising people can’t hold weight loss…who can? I know I couldn’t :slight_smile: interesting!

Vic your post was great! I so agree with you!! How I feel and the benefits I received for better health are not a fantasy ya know…they are real and known to me and desired by me and feeling this good…no idiot debate and their non-experience with this lifestyle is a joke to me. Why truly take on a defend your judgement debate when who is judging you doesn’t have a clue…and truly it isn’t about real nutrition debate or anything, it is about judging your actions…go judge someone else right? LOL AMEN!

SB what a great mom’s day for you!!! Your family sounds so sweet! you made out like a bandit on good presents :wink:
InstaPot…wow…new meat adventure cooking time! Let us know how ya like it when you use it.

***************May is marching on down. Days ticking away.

food yesterday flipped cause of the meat they bought me.

I had 3/4 rack of pork ribs
some leftover peel eat shrimp

then I had a another meal later — small Kobe Wagyu cheeseburger patty and some taylor ham slices
2 beef sticks

The Kobe Wagyu burger. Great taste no doubt on it but I didn’t like the texture. You know how burger is ground, using a grinder and it still has some chunky like to it…this burger was pulverized. Into a very fine dry but firm meat slurry kinda. Over smushed to death kinda thing which even when making patties it was like playing with silly putty or play doh type feeling and the chew texture was off, I don’t know, just like not usual ground burger LOL Hard to describe. Taste was great but it didn’t give me NO big WOW at all for the price they paid for it! but nice present to eat and I will. But won’t be on my shop list for the future.

Have to eat that ribeye I got defrosted today.

not sure what I will pair it up with…thinking of cooking a small pork tenderloin or eating the rest of the ribs, we shall see.

Carnivore On All!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #147

@Hallie Thank you so much for your creative post, because creativity is what I love the most. I’m glad it inspired you to tackle that hill, better then sitting around being still.:upside_down_face: I hope your back let’s you go for a run, it’s really fun to rhyme with someone. I had Pork chops for dinner tonight, and fried up in butter they turned out alright. My energy is better so I did some sit ups, but with my weak belly it could cause hiccups. :scream: I may have a hernia, but I’ll be ok, a Pork chop a day keeps the doctor away.:wink: It’s raining in Australia, yes BRING ON THE RAIN…As last summer the heat was Frying my brain.:hot_face: Thankyou so much for making me smile, I used to be here lots and then left for a while. So back on the Carnivore Pony I go, and this new pony is FAST, as there’s no time for slow. So back into fat adaption I’ll run, Giddyup pony, let’s bring on the FUN!!!:racehorse:. Fun meaning better sleep, and a healthier life, no more carbs, they only cause strife, I’m married to Mr Carnivore, I will be his wife.:bride_with_veil:…Here comes the bride, eating beef hide…Omg I will stop now…But tomorrow I may eat some cow.:wink: Cos this little Carnivore, well she’s on the PROW!!!:leopard:

(Linda ) #148

@SecondBreakfast sounds like you had a fabulous mother’s day thats awesome.

Yesterday I had My normal 2 meals then I decided to throw a brisket in the smoker which came out and smelled wonderful

So todays food brisket and I bought some calf liver to have with bacon

@Azi
wow that is amazing brisket pic and I LOVE brisket and would eat that fat cap right off it first :sunny:

beautiful smoking job on that meat!

I am jelly on it of course cause now I want it!

IMG_20210510_120406_451stsh

resizing pics helps and I figured it out mostly LOL
dinosaur internet person here on pics and more

first meal wanted for LATER

I have NO desire to eat. This is my eat time but I do not want to cook this steak or eat anything.

going by the body. probably be OMAD today cause I am thinking around 2-3 I might want this and when I eat it, full for day.

I just go with the flow. Got steak and shrimp on my mind but will ONLY eat when I truly want.

again, do as the body asks is always the right way :slight_smile:

(Vic) #151

Lamb and beef

fried up the steak and delish and ate the shrimp and heated up a tad of alfredo sauce for dipping

so done for food around 3 now and see where the next food wanted will go? we shall see

(Karen) #153

So Sunday was a great day. Stair runs as per then my daughter picked me up to go and get Ben from the care home. We went to Rufford Abbey Country Park which we didn’t think was the best for a good walk but it was very pretty with lots of bluebells and a large lake to walk round. We let Ben do the leading and he led us straight to the ice cream shop! Well it is the first time I have been faced with every flavour ice cream under the sun simce starting this woe and I would have usually had a good 3 or 4 scoops of different flavours because I wouldn’t be able to choose just one! However standing there in front of the counter looking at all the ice cream, it did look nice I have to admit, i felt no desire to have any! Ben and Sian both had an ice cream. So again Ben took the lead and led us straight to a cafe by the lake. Nothing for me to be able to eat so just an earl grey but Ben chose a steak slice (in puff pastry) with a cup of tea. So I am getting peckish by now so we decided to head back to a cafe on the route to the Park which had a garden with bench tables and Ben then ate an enormous Turkey dinner! Where he puts it I have no idea but he looked totally stuffed by this time lol.

My daughter and I had a super omelette with cheese bacon and sausage.
Once home again I had a big rump steak with some bacon and some cheese.

Up at the crack of dawn for work this morning at 4.45 and got the stair runs done. Busy day in reception. Brunch was chicken breast with butter and cheese. Late afternoon I had the 2 cooked burgers. Then home at 6.30pm and ate some cheese amd beef brisket.

Off tomorrow and back to work wednesday.

(Vic) #154

2 plates of beef and eggs for breakfast.
Double cream yogurtn as a dip.

That is great. I love also the want for junkier food disappears. Too me a bit to get into that feeling of being able to just not want it, but darn when that kicks in, that feeling of total control and no desire, it truly is a great benefit of this plan. Your outing sounds like a very nice for everyone!!

---------------------the steak and shrimp held me for a very long time

but around 7 I ate a can of tuna and yea, I used a tablespoon of regular old mayo in it. I needed a little something and that is all I wanted and darn I loved that stupid mayo in it :slight_smile:

today got Tbone steak defrosted
and will cook up that little pork tenderloin I gotta cook up

I had 2 but especially one very much not carnivore day. I was desperate and hungry. If those tiny extra plant carbs makes my rare unsatiable hunger (when just eating a bit over my energy need using good food can’t do much to my annoying hunger. I never have strong hunger but I can’t stand soft persistent hunger either) possible, my limit must be super low… :frowning: Oh well, it’s really rare, I can live with it. I had some bad combo I analyzed in my mind and won’t do here, I made some mental notes to be able to handle such cases better (I am not so smart and patient when hungry. I obviously add more eggs and meat out of habit first but sometimes, under special circumstances I totally fail and don’t even enjoy it really, I just wanna stop the hunger :frowning: ) - and it seems I need to be better prepared at all times. Having only lean, not tempting meat was part of the problem though I did eat from it but the amount wasn’t right I guess. And I run out of sour cream so I only could make 3 pancakes… And too many meals make the last ones tricky as I already ate everything and often refuse to eat more of those.

Yesterday some weak compulsions were present (I baked. I still don’t bake so well except soft stuff. IDK why I am like that but it’s some antitalent. If I try to make something with flour - though that is quite hard with my attitude -, that ends up being soft too, even the kind of baked goods almost everyone is complaining about it’s hard as rock first… I will resume chasing my carnivore biscuit, it must be done but we need to get some cheese first. my “flours” are quite limited on carnivore. skin, meat, hard-boiled egg yolks, cheese… even if it will be soft, it’s fine as long as it’s tasty) but I mostly ate well and not much. Transforming the pork goes well, I just need to make some mixed, not so dry dish with it. I had it in scrambled eggs two times, once there was my leftover liver and a little sausage (like, 2 slices, I never eat much dry sausage anymore) in it as well. It was good.

Today I will have skin+egg, pork+egg, they may become not-really-but-it’s-still-fine-pizzas because why not. Not the tomato version, the sour cream one, Alvaro brought home a lot of tasty 25% fat sour cream :smiley: The normal ones are 12% and 20%m, 25% is somewhat rare.
I already ate some boiled eggs, I don’t know when I enjoyed them all alone (okay, with mustard, I don’t know how to lose that… and I added a little salt too, it’s nice without but better with a wee bit) last time… I eat them often as a side dish or an extra bite or egg sandwich so I often get bored of them. Not now. They are desired objects for the slightly hungry me.

Alvaro helps me to eat the too lean pork (very convenient, I don’t need to work on some plant thing to go with his carbs… I will make the cheesy egg white thing tomorrow, I have plenty of egg whites and I don’t want it to become even more because I will make a ton of non-carnivore - just very low net carbs, about zero if I sacrifice some taste - marshmallow then, I have gelatin again… last time I used the vegan replacements but they didn’t work, I surely used too little? no idea about the conversion between them, I just know gelatin must be way more than those and it makes proper jelly while the others or at least one of them are weird but I was desperate and it matters less for whipped egg white as it has already have its own fluffy texture) but I really have plenty of ideas at this point. Good for pork. I would like more ideas for whipped egg whites, it’s such a lovely start… It’s hard to pull of carnivore style I’m afraid. And baking ruins it. Even my sponge cakes aren’t always as good as I would like. They are still very useful and nice, yolks make almost everything better… That’s why my marshmallow has yolks in it. I will make it carnivore enough soon I guess, possibly salty too, I love its texture. It will be basically some raw sponge cake with gelatin… After some time some of my dishes start to get close to each other, I have lots of hybrids too.

Butcher visit will happen in Thursday, I need organs. I love the organs I eat every week, they are quite useful. I would like 1 kg chicken liver and a pig heart or two? That’s borderline enough for a week. I still never bought a fresh pig tongue… We will see what will be on offer.

score, I hit Tbones on low sale. I got the big boys. No more ‘thin cut’ Tbone steaks for me…ugh…I am tho still eating a few in the freezer I gotta get thru…desperation buy for beef when they only had ‘thin cut’ steaks. Won’t get them again, this time I hit the big thick juicy monster size steaks and my freezer is now happy :slight_smile:

(Karen) #158

Oooh nice heavens I absolutely love my bargains. Your Tbones sound great but how long do you have to cook them for? Thats the only thing with thicker cuts is getting it right. Do you fry or slow cook. I always feel slow cooking steaks is such a chore when I just want them there and then, hence I usually choose thinner cuts. And yes that feeling of control over the things you once stuffed yourself with is amazing. I used to go OTT on ice cream. ‘Couldn’t help myself’ but I sure can now … it felt easy peazy on Sunday!

I had another guy really interested in my woe yesterday at work, in fact a few ask me questions. It is so funny when they say whats a typical meal and I tell the steak bacon and eggs and they always say… and do you have veg with that? Uh??? NO, no plant food. Well what about fruit? :thinking::thinking::thinking: then its the but you need the fibre and roughage so I just say Why? I am not having any trouble poo-ing, I’m not constipated. My nails are the best they’ve ever been, not breaking or splitting, in fact I have to keep cutting them because they grow so quickly now, my skin looks glowing and I have bags of energy and they always have to admit I am looking good on it! It is great throwing the questions back at them!

So this morning I was up stair running then off to CF to a bit of a nasty workout. Cardio and weights, back to the bar work which I am not so keen on, but it always feels good when we’ve finished :woman_cartwheeling::weight_lifting_woman::grin:

Home to a nice big rump steak with bacon and eggs and followed with a bit of cheese. The off to g/c with Raymond. It chucked it down but we kind of dodged most of it. Bought a lovely Gardenia plant and hoping it survives, i am not green fingered.

Chicken thigh and leg for tea and a bit more cheese.

Got a late shift tomorrow but will just have time to get to the CF box for a workout before heading in.

My new plant … sorry it isn’t a pic of a steak lol

(Vic) #159

Dinner and tv snack

(Edith) #160

Hi Everyone, my busy schedule has settled down, so I am back visiting the forum. I’ve missed everyone.

I buy beef suet, cut it up into little pieces, and freeze it. When I want some beef fat, I just throw some chunks of suet into the pan. I know the melted suet is really beef tallow, but it tastes WAYYY better doing it that way. And… the little bits of suet that don’t melt but get crushed up? Delicious!