Meat MAYham

We have a new month to eat more great meat and seafood, everyone enjoy the carnivore plan!

Chat about any little goals or experiments for May you might be interested in tackling.

Away we go… :+1:

May the Meat Force be with you! - 31 day Zero Carb Carnivore Cruise
(Keto Koala 🐨) #2

YAY, for the thread name!!!:grinning: Happy 1st of May everyone. I am about to cook myself a juicy big T bone steak to start the month off right!!!:heart_eyes:. My goal this month is to include more beef into my WOE and eat enough to satiate, which is easy, cooking juicy steaks. My goal is also to not obsess over tracking apps. I enjoyed the porter house steak SO much last night and had a very good 8 hour sleep with a happy tummy.:smiley: My goal
( and the most important one) is to be as good to my body as possible and enjoy many different meats and come here for the good company and personal accountability.:heartpulse: MAY the meat be with you!!! Here’s my juicy meat.

(Vic) #3

Yum, that looks good. :heart_eyes:

My breakfast was a bit naughty. A pile of eggs with 4 frankenstein sausages and a slice of yellow plastic.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #4

@Carnivoor Oh it is GOOD!!!:heart_eyes: Yours looks good too!!! I like all the different ranges of sausage I can find in the supermarket.

(Polly) #5

Great name for the month Fangs!

@Bubby1, now that is one beautiful steak picture and your body is going to love you upping your beef intake…we do so well on beef for most of us so happy to see what great benefits you will get from doing it!

@Carnivoor, :clown_face::crazy_face: frankenstein sausages! too funny but I have to say they work well in a pinch for sure!! :face_vomiting: :sleepy: crying for ya over the cheese in plastic :skull_and_crossbones: but ya know, as much as it stinks and we know it, hey if you are limited on food, yea I would be eating the frankenCheese also :scream_cat: It actually isn’t a bad pic of some good food really tho!

@Polly1, we have to thank Bubby1 for it :slight_smile: She came up with smart title for May! We carnivores are gonna kill May in fine form!

************************So happy Meat MayHAM everyone. We got meat and we got ham and we got May and someone needs to come up with a month for seafood and fish title in the future :slight_smile:

My day changed up a bit. Thought I would be out most of the day for errands and visit mom and all but my bro drove down and is staying for a few days with her. So I am staying home to get stuff done around here. That switched up my food in my mind now…but I have a nice ribeye for later, finish off the last of my homemade alfredo sauce which isn’t much, and yes I want it gone now, had enough LOL but it is hard to make a tiny batch for 1 ya know. Probably pair up with tuna or shrmip or a burger. Usual.

My little goal this month. Cutting back a tad of intentional extra fat I do eat easily and wanna see if that can take off maybe 4 lbs this month? A lb. a week would be fab but I know that is shooting for the stars HAHA cause I ‘won’t diet’ anymore, but I do literally chunk off 1/2 a stick of butter darn near to cook my steak and I do sop it up and enjoy it but I know I can easily, and I mean very very easily cut that down and ‘watch me’ grabbing a tad less butter I don’t really need to cook my ribeye in so I will watch that on me. My easiest fat cut will be butter. My cooking. I just throw in a ton of it and flash fry and I know this is something I can truly and honestly control with little to no effort, well, if I put in a tad of effort to it.

Hey if I get 2 lbs off this month just watching my extreme butter usage then I will take it, heck if I get nothing, I don’t care LOL So this is just a very small experiment/habit I want to see on me. I won’t cut out eating meat fat at all, that is the darn delish part and full of the good stuff my body wants, but my free hand on butter can be pulled back a bit. So that will be interesting for me to see what goes down??

Other than that vow I will eat darn well in this month. Search my usual best low priced meat and seafood sales as usual. I will never stray from my carnivore ways, honestly, I am in love love love with this plan. It just suits me so well, after all the years of ‘dieting’ and finding my way here, thinking there is NO plan for me, well yes there was…zero carb and I feel fab doing it!

OK guys let’s SLAY MAY!

darn I made a mistake, these are NY Strips I defrosted LOL
so much for my ribeye today!

and then thinking second meal? Hmm, hit freezer and saw these bad boy pork ribs. Oh yes, sitting on counter for defrost and into the oven for my later meal. Omgosh NOW I am excited to eat later today!

and high right corner, my toothpick container and salt shaker…yes I live by those also!

(Linda ) #8

@Bubby1 yummy steak I need to get back to steak

@Carnivoor I miss real sausages used to get in new zealand no added junk

[quote=“Fangs, post:6, topic:108435, full:true”]
My little goal this month. Cutting back a tad of intentional extra fat I do eat easily and wanna see if that can take off maybe 4 lbs this month? A lb. a week would be fab but I know that is shooting for the stars HAHA cause I ‘won’t diet’ anymore, but I do literally chunk off 1/2 a stick of butter darn near to cook my steak and I do sop it up and enjoy it but I know I can easily, and I mean very very easily cut that down and ‘watch me’ grabbing a tad less butter I don’t really need to cook my ribeye in so I will watch that on me. My easiest fat cut will be butter. My cooking. I just throw in a ton of it and flash fry and I know this is something I can truly and honestly control with little to no effort, well, if I put in a tad of effort to it. [/quote]

Lol I want to add butter…not for weight loss or gain though I ive got another month til I get my next labs done and then back to Dr Cywes so I’m monitoring my ketosis which adding the butter helped push me back into ( even on keto I wasn’t in ketosis not even a trace showed in my blood work) to see if I can get my numbers to improve for insulin and my triglycerides it was Dr Cywes who told me to add the butter to cut back on my protein since I wasn’t processing it fast enough. And my uric acid was climbing .but I get hungry and forget sometimes lol…so I’ll try to do better

Yesterday’s food was short ribs as planned and I made a carnivore bun thing to put butter on since I forgot to add it to my meat lol.

(Vic) #9

Dinner and tv snack

(Karen) #10

Proud day today as it is my stair runaversary. 1st May 2020 I started doing 100 stair runs a day and today marks the first anniversary! YAY

So of course I started the day with the stair runs and then off to CrossFit where i paired up with my daughter on a ‘you go I go’ workout that was nasty! Lol.

Went to the Company Shop on the way home to buy some bacon and picked up 3 rump steaks half price 2 1.3kg bags of chicken drums and thighs for £1 each and some very cheap cheddar. Very pleased with my purchases only I couldn’t fit both bags of chicken in freezer amd it was use by todays date so I ended up cooking up one bag to eat cold. I am now having to store meat in the door of the freezer that is for holding ice cubes!!! Fortunately I don’t like ice cubes.

Brunch was one of the rump steaks 2 eggs and a burger.
Dinner was the 4 left over chick thighs from yesterday and some canned corned beef with some cheese.

@Fangs here’s to you cutting back on that butter and losing more poundage during Meat MAYhem.

20210501_124647

It wasn’t a carni day but I knew that in advance as it’s Alvaro’s birthday and I am me. I made a pretty enough cake, the flavors he wanted… Too carby for a cheesecake (a cheesecake barely needs carbs at all especially net carbs but it was his birthday, not mine :D) And he chose a beer with SUGAR among its ingredients! Belgian brown rock candy, I think but it doesn’t matter.
I tasted both but he ate and drink the vast majority, of course. And it was a small cake and a 0.33l bottle of beer. I probably shouldn’t make a cheesecake using only 200g mascarpone but it still was enough for 2 big desserts for him and even I ate some.

But my soup (chicken soup with meat and poached eggs) and main dish (roasted pork chuck, twice) and side dish (eggs) were free from plants, it’s something.

I went way over a pound of meat today (I don’t track but still weighed a few things and I was around a pound of meat already at lunch) but you see, chicken and my fav pork twice after lower-meat times, my second meal without hunger but I was sure I need food after my long walk, I can’t finish my day at 2pm, I never could… So of course I ate much. I probably needed it. I tasted the pork last night too, it felt so, so right, not just enjoyable for my tastebuds but my body was happy.

But I am back now, really.

I am not really into eggs in the moment (only ate 4 but I needed meat and soup with it). That’s one reason I ate much meat. And because it’s a very very fine, fatty piece of chuck, I am so pleased with this one. And Alvaro eats the leaner parts. Perfect.

I ate a slice of cheese because I felt like it and a little sour cream but I will try to keep my dairy consumption low unless I need it for variety.

Goals? I don’t want to think about elaborated goals for May, actually. I try to stick to a carnivore-ish woe (plants only for very good reasons like stew… and I am not willing to give up my mustard) with as little dairy and added fat as comfortably possible and we will see.

I definitely want to lose some fat, my pants were tight again today. Not a surprise but it’s bad. But carnviore will help, I just want it to be a bigger help than usual :slight_smile:

Sorry, I thought it will be shorter but I got excited again. YAY, it started!

I need a proper month before fruit season arrives in my garden, not like I lie down and roll over when that happens but May and June still will be very different. And June will be way better if I do May right. Many things will be better if I do May right. This month has responsibilities :slight_smile:

(Vic) #12

20210502_060651

Liver and eggs for breakfast.

Halfway thru the meal I put my reading glasses on to read a few emails.
I notest the little white critters in the liver that don’t belong there.
Wormlike parasites for shure.
Oh well, to late. Its well done. So I ate the rest of it.

And there you have it, a very small piece of the darkside of my wild life.
Food safety may be a thing in the west, but on the majority of the blue marble it is not.

(Vic) #13

Some of my local friends roasted a pig on an open fire this morning,

They gave me a piece for lunch, how nice :smiley:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #14

@Carnivoor Mmmmmmm that looks DEVINE!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:. Oh there’s nothing better than meat from an open fire. Yum!!! Hi guys, I am about to sit down to a good big piece of barramundi fish fried in butter with shrimp. I am wishing I had bought more BEEF!!! I had it twice in a row the last two nights and I am addicted. It is the best!!! I won’t regret the seafood though, I’ll just buy beef tomorrow.:heart_eyes: Lamb chops are yum but oh so expensive!!! So good as a treat!!!:heartpulse: I’m gonna go and eat now. I do OMAD, but i make sure it’s a good big meal and I am full all night and day long. Peace out guys!!!:v::smiley:

is carnivore-friendly toothpaste a thing? or is that going too far? because i read a lot of conflicting reports about toxic chemicals/plants in toothpaste

(Vic) #16

You can use plants for cleaning as much as you want.

Plants are not evil, they are just not our food :wink:

I love my vegan hair soap.

Wonderful posts to read! You guys are doing amazing on your goals and how you are improving on strength and more! Happy Stair-runaversary to Karen!

@Carnivoor, you and me both on a bit of the darkside! :alien:
and that BBQ the locals shared, YUM!

@Azi, it is funny we are branching off in diff ways! I find it so cool you are working with Dr C.

@FrankoBear, any update from how you are doing? You must be super busy still with work I take it? Jump in and chat away!!

------------------------everyone sounds like they are doing so well. Strong carnivores!

My ribs yesterday were one of the best racks I cooked in a long time! omgosh so good. Didn’t eat the steak. Will eat that today and pair with shrimp. I need me a big ol’ pile of shrimp :slight_smile:

Sale at local store is london broil steak. Not a fan anymore. Too lean and chewy and blah for me so will wait for other beef sales to stock the freezer up a bit more.

All great in zc land for me so far! Cutting a little butter from my use is very easy I find actually. Plus I use unsalted butter so that does help with less salt too I guess. A tad less butter I think can easily be something I can deal with this month :slight_smile:

(UsedToBeT2D) #18

This is going on the smoker in just a bit, should feed me and wife for a day or two.

wow, I am hankering to be a dinner guest at your home!
beautiful hunk of brisket!

(Vic) #20

Me too, :heart_eyes: