May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #421

(KCKO, KCFO) #422

@LizinLowell So sorry for your loss. So glad you could do what you needed to take care of yourself during this trying period.

May peace be with you. Always remember the times you laughed with your dear Father.

(E.O.) #423

Hope it goes well for you @Paendora

(back and doublin' down) #424

Thank you! I’m swinging between nervous and excited. I’ve frozen everything readily edible. have a good supply of sparkling water. have several non-food activities planned away from the house.

and this forum for support and encouragement!

(E.O.) #425

Going to watch how it goes from you and definitely cheering you on!

Currently, I’m considering doing a 3-day soon (been preparing myself mentally to view it as a GOOD thing for my body, not torture!) So far from doing IF, I see that mental-mindset works best in terms of achieving long-lasting results, so I want to continue that positive mental attitude while doing EF.

(Robert C) #426

This is how I made a fast seem easier (and a GOOD thing)…This helped this time

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #427

Reaching 30 hrs and feeling good. Had a bit of a cold crisis yesterday in bed when trying to sleep. But nothing a few sips of hot water, a reusable heatpad and my biggest hoodie couldn’t fix.
I don’t care what research shows that people sleep better in a cold room. If I’m not warm I won’t fall asleep…

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #428

40 hours Sun-Tues fast 1. Eating day yesterday. 2 meals but 2nd meal was a trial. Wasn’t hungry, but wanted to be prepared for today’s fast and also keep the metabolism boosted. I didn’t track macros. I guess I’ll have to do that for a while to see where I’m at.

Tips for eating days, anyone?

I don’t seem to get to the point of not being hungry! I am envious of those who do… I don’t think it makes a difference to me what I have on eating days before a fast… Did have a fat bomb after dinner last night as I wasn’t feeling fully satiated.
I felt more energetic this morning after eating better yesterday, haven’t had so much energy recently, whether that’s not the right electrolyte balance or too much fasting I don’t know…
Anyway, only 17 hours in, will see if I feel better tomorrow than I did last fast!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #430

Worst thing about fasting? When my mental clarity goes up and my energy levels, I can get really agitated at work with all those stupid, inefficient situations due to lack of communication. SERIOUSLY MARKETING AND IT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

(back and doublin' down) #431

Breathe! :slight_smile:

12 hours into my first planned EF! Even started with black coffee this morning and thinking it’s no so bad.

KCFO

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #432

Thanks :hugs: The good thing is I have the energy to handle stuff efficiently. But it would be nice if some more people had keto/fasting brain and this stuff wouldn’t pile up to begin with :expressionless:

(Candy Lind) #433

There is definitely a “mind over matter” element to EF! I doubt I’ll do anything but IF for the next week, while hubby is home and we’re preparing the truck for the road as a team again, but once on the road, EF is definitely on the table. I think it will actually be easier “out there.”

(Candy Lind) #434

ME!! I am buried in blankets even in summer. I have camped in winter exactly 2 times in my life. No sleep either time. If I am having trouble getting warm I recruit either my hubby or my dog to warm me up! LOL!

(Allie) #435

My hunger didn’t really go until day four which was the longest I had gone. It wasn’t crazy hangry type hunger, but was there. Then on day four I actually got a bit freaked out by the lack of hunger and by how good I felt and decided to eat because it was scary.

(Shayne) #436

Just doing some IF this week as I’ve shifted to carnivore. I gave up the oil in my coffee and am drinking it black now with a pinch of salt. Then push through the mid-morning hunger pangs to have a seven hour feeding window.

(Allie) #437

I’m trying zero carb this week too (combined with IF), won’t say carnivore as I’m holding on to my coconut oil in my coffee… :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #438

I really had the most horrible last two hours at work.
Everyone was going on my nerves.

Had to go grocery shopping with my flatmate. Manage to only buy non food and tea for me which is huge.
57 hrs so far. Will be sure to get to 72 then we’ll see. I’ll probably make some bonebroth tomorrow evening. Fill up my stock just in case…

(back and doublin' down) #439

I’ve made it past 18 hrs! Whoop! So far, so good and even without the BPC or HWC this morning.

Enjoying orange herbal tea.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #440

Anyone else fasting today like :unamused:. I could barely manage to get my meals in yesterday when I could eat, but today I’ve been hungry since 8am. :triumph: